Options

International Cricket 2015

Comments

• Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the England win is out of the question now, which may help us get the draw I suppose.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    :p
    2-0 is better than 1-0.

The weather makes it more difficult but all England have to do is bat normally. However, to win, they would need less than 300 in a full days play tomorrow.

1-0 win is a lot better than 1-1 draw. England cant win this match, its either a draw or loss for them. I would be quite happy to settle for the draw, and take the series 1-0.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    500 getable in 5 sessions ?????
    That's not what they needed. However, it would all depend on how many wickets were lost. They would only need to bat normally.
    ACU wrote: »
    1-0 win is a lot better than 1-1 draw. England cant win this match, its either a draw or loss for them. I would be quite happy to settle for the draw, and take the series 1-0.
    They can't win now.
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much rain currently being predicted for tomorrow, although 40mph winds late morning and most of the afternoon.

Eng weren't even remotely troubled in getting to 44-0, even with cloudy skies and a new ball. But the way the balance of power shifts so quickly between these two evenly matched sides i could see us losing 3 quick wickets out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    500 getable in 5 sessions ?????

I don't understand your reply to my post
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think we could get a draw out of this match.

It all depends on whether Cook and Lyth do not fall early tomorrow - with a good start and some solid, patient batting England could still be ok.

Far easier said than done of course. :D
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the rain has come to England's rescue, taking valuable time out of the game and giving us the chance to save the game on the last day.

It's a shame we didn't bat first when we had a chance to do so. It could have been us in the dominant position pushing for victory.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for Ballance and Bell to show what they can do . Although 3 left handers at the top of the batting order is not the best setup . Maybe Ballance would fare better lower down the order . It worked for Root .
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 17,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the weather is kind, could be a fiver well spent

Day 5 tickets will go on sale in the morning at #Headingley priced £5 adults & FREE for U16s accompanied by an adult.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 17,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia opener Chris Rogers will miss the first Test against West Indies in Roseau from June 3 because of a concussion he suffered after getting hit in the nets on Sunday. Shaun Marsh appears likely to take his place.

Rogers batted briefly after the blow to the helmet, inflicted by a local net bowler, but pulled up sore on Monday morning and was ruled out by the team doctor Peter Brukner.

Brukner tested Rogers at the team hotel on Sunday afternoon and found evidence of various concussion symptoms such as dizziness; they had not alleviated significantly enough by Monday morning. Rogers was informed of the decision by Brukner, the coach Darren Lehmann and the captain Michael Clarke as training began on Monday at Windsor Park.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2015/content/story/883257.html

If Marsh goes well , he may struggle to get his place back
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda hope as an England fan, that New Zealand win and make it 1-1.

For one reason, If England win the series, they go 3rd New Zealand go 7th, whoch in my eyes is a total shambles.

We will be in 3rd, with playing negative cricket, made me laugh a little yesterday, when the England innings began, it was like ooh well England are batting to save the game, New Zealand got that total, in about half the overs, that England had left before the rain began.

And New Zealand would go 7th, playing brilliant, exciting cricket, it doesnt make sense
  • Options
    Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re the rankings, it does seem odd that a 2 match series is worth as much as a 3 or 5 match series
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Root showing signs of being a bit green by making such a comment. Going for a Record win and announcing it the night before is stupidity.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,752
    Forum Member
    Or good mind-gaming to put McCullum on the back foot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Ballance will be dropped after this series
  • Options
    rodgepodgerodgepodge Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    All over before tea. Heaven help us in the Ashes.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Bell's gone too. Good luck batting this out for the next 6 hours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I knew England wouldnt last the day. Just dont have the mental strength for this.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    EEK Make that 4 down.......................
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, they deserved to win anyway.
  • Options
    James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did well to hang on to that catch from Root

Going to take a big effort to save the game from here
  • Options
    Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets see if Flintoff Mk 2 can save the game.
  • Options
    James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig surely isn't as good a bowler as his figures suggest

9-5-5-2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James1953 wrote: »
    Craig surely isn't as good a bowler as his figures suggest

9-5-5-2

No he isnt. It is just england are batting at 1 run an over currently.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scuderia92 wrote: »
    Hopefully Ballance will be dropped after this series

Why? 1 admittedly poor series isn't enough to write him off given his previous record.

Ian Bell though....