Options

What did Michael McIntyre say to Alex Jones on the One Show?

Comments

• Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is. You can't get anywhere without it.

Well that’s me told too.

What makes you so wise and all knowing.

I didn’t say you you could get places without money, I said you didn’t need an interest in money, ie you earn what you earn and you are content with it.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. But it's clear everybody who complains about Michael McIntyre is doing so out of jealousy because it's never complaints about his comedy but because he is somehow 'rude' or something else along those lines.

Again very short on actual logic.

His comedy has nothing to do with anything.

If he is rude he is rude. What he does for a living is about as relevant as if he was a comedian or a bus driver.

Him being funny or not is a side issue.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Well that’s me told too.

What makes you so wise and all knowing.

I didn’t say you you could get places without money, I said you didn’t need an interest in money, ie you earn what you earn and you are content with it.

Earning money is a interest in money, though.

You're earning that money because you need it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Again very short on actual logic.

His comedy has nothing to do with anything.

If he is rude he is rude. What he does for a living is about as relevant as if he was a comedian or a bus driver.

Him being funny or not is a side issue.

But he wasn't rude here and he wasn't rude on Graham Norton. This is just people wanting reasons to hate on Michael McIntyre; somehow he has become a easy target here (my guess is his success).
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    But he wasn't rude here and he wasn't rude on Graham Norton. This is just people wanting reasons to hate on Michael McIntyre; somehow he has become a easy target here (my guess is his success).

Ugh I'm putting you on ignore. You're boring.

Change the record.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. But it's clear everybody who complains about Michael McIntyre is doing so out of jealousy

You are a very very troubled man. You need help.
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it on IPlayer, was definitely a slightly off atmosphere, but nothing huge.

I agree that he almost, or sort of used the F bomb, as described just before the 21.00 minute mark, was not aimed at the presenters though, was aimed at his discomfort in the chair.
    I do think the bit where he said he felt he was being patronised was half serious, I think he could see the show wasn't going too well, but I don't think he was That serious, if that makes any sense.
    I can see a couple of issues why there was an odd atmosphere from the start of the show.

1.-Very odd start to the show, with Michael walking on to almost silence, as the audience were holding "teeth placards", so couldn't clap (was made a point of). I can deffo understand McIntyre being put off by this, as applause and laughter is what a comedian craves. Was strange seeing him walking on to about two people clapping.

2.- Then they had a very serious / sad story about migrants turning up on Kos beach...and then were straight to "funnyman" McIntyre... Blimey, don't know how anyone could have been jolly after that, was daft scheduling within the show.

I am not a particular fan of McIntyre, nor of Stewart Lee, both are reasonably amusing / unamusing to me in almost equal measure. (much prefer Herring, the guys a trier ;) ), best comic for me is Doug Stanhope.

I am glad to say he didn't do a "Multiple Miggs" :)
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch it but obviously they're lying because Michael McIntyre wouldn't do that. It's not his style.

But you said you didn't watch it?
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earning money is a interest in money, though.

You're earning that money because you need it.

As a company director I do what I enjoy doing (and have done for over 30 years) and people happen to pay me for it. :p
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

Gotcha! :D
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things got off to a slightly awkward start when they introduced him. He was standing off-set holding a comedy smile up to his face (as were the audience around him) so they didn't have both hands free to clap. Result? He walked on to near silence. He made a comment about that, so much so they had a proper round of applause for him but i think that set the tone (from his perspective) for the rest of the show. Not saying he was right/wrong, not saying the show was right/wrong ... just saying what happened at the start ;)

I watch the one show mainly to perv at alex jones but that aside, there's no denying it's an eclectic mix of topics. Tonight was a classic example, starting with a report on the immigrants landing in kos ending with a night time shot of a deflated dingy on the beach ... straight on to 'now michael ...'

EDIT: just realised someone posted the same a few mins ago, sorry, slow smartphone typing :)
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things got off to a slightly awkward start when they introduced him. He was standing off-set holding a comedy smile up to his face (as were the audience around him) so they didn't have both hands free to clap. Result? He walked on to near silence. He made a comment about that, so much so they had a proper round of applause for him but i think that set the tone (from his perspective) for the rest of the show. Not saying he was right/wrong, not saying the show was right/wrong ... just saying what happened at the start ;)

I watch the one show mainly to perv at alex jones but that aside, there's no denying it's an eclectic mix of topics. Tonight was a classic example, starting with a report on the immigrants landing in kos ending with a night time shot of a deflated dingy on the beach ... straight on to 'now michael ...'

EDIT: just realised someone posted the same a few mins ago, sorry, slow smartphone typing :)

Haha, I was just about to make a witty reposte...
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ive seen this sort of awful scheduling before, where they had a serious topic which was quite emotive and upsetting and then straight onto Danny Devito, Its the only time I have watched the show and I get embarrassed by things like that so havent watched since.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Jones & Michael McIntyre is TV Hell for me. Thank fook I never saw it.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    As the great Stewart Lee said "Michael McIntyre is spoon-feeding his audience warm diarrhoea’".

And they lap it up.

Stewart Lee is a miserable sneering tosser who isn't half as clever as he thinks he is
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Alex Jones & Michael McIntyre is TV Hell for me. Thank fook I never saw it.

Plus Matt Baker and a car crash TV item about teeth whitening with a guy who was struggling with his English... If I didn't know this show actually existed I wouldn't believe it were real.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still when Michael called Alex "You dimwit" maybe he did us all a favour. Or did I dream that bit?
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has to be the most annoying prat on tv, and there is plenty of competition for that title.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it on at the start and he said 'is there anybody watching this television show' which was pretty funny. :D I like it when people go on and take the piss, like when Peter Kay did it. The whole format is a joke and Matt Baker the most cringeworthy person on TV!

It regularly gets over 4 million viewers so yes they are. I like both MM and Peter Kay when they do stand up but they and other comics behave like prize idiots when on this. The "let's make fun of The One Show" act is wearing thin now. Neither of them need the publicity anyway.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because he's funny to many of us.

I'd love to know what you lot on this forum site have against the poor guy.

Nothing against the guy except that he seems to have become a multi-millionaire despite seemingly having very little talent.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Read a lot of comments on Twitter about him being really vile towards her.

If he did then he's just become my favourite comedian
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I come back to this, damn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No but the poster claiming he was rude explained what he was supposed to have done and it didn't sound rude at all to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Nothing against the guy except that he seems to have become a multi-millionaire despite seemingly having very little talent.

Jealous much?
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was just being a prize tool the whole show. Wouldn't shut up. There was some other dentist guy on to promote that BBC show that's on tonight an McIntyre kept talking over him and the presenters had to keep telling him to shut up and at one point actually said "ok Michael you've done your bit, let him have his".

Sounds similar to the behaviour of Kayvan Novak on the Paul O'Grady show the other week. It's just basic manners to keep quiet when another guest is being interviewed.