Options

Golf 2015

Comments

• Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific climax with Ricky Fowler eventually winning on the 17th with his 3rd fantastic t-shot at that hole

Fowler finished 6 under for his final 6 holes to make the 3 way play off

Wow , his wife (?) is hot....You'd want to win every week ...
  • Options
    detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some performance from Rory today, -8 for his round after 13 holes and currently 3 shots clear.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 birdies in the last 7 holes I think.

Mickelson also up there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    6 birdies in the last 7 holes I think.

Mickelson also up there.

Think this is the course he won his first PGA Tour event on.

Eagle putt coming up now and a par 5 to follow that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -8 for last 9 holes, 10 under through 15 on the day.
  • Options
    dazcdazc Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this quite stunning from Rory birdie the last two for a 59 wow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish from Rory. Can't even make the 40ft putt for a 12th birdie of the day!

unbelievable! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needs a par at the last to shoot 61 and break the course record which he currently holds.

61 round that course is an amazing round of golf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webb Simpson just got an eagle so is now 'only' three shots behind Rory!

4 shots in front of third though so I think the winner will come from the final group tomorrow.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All but over.
    Rory 7 shots up going into the last hole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felt bad for Rodgers hitting the water both times he tee'd off on his last two holes! At least he still finished tied 2nd.

Brilliant from Rory. Every now and then he produces a masterclass and even when he doesn't he's still in contention. A lot of great golfers around at the moment so unlikely for any one player to dominate but I think Rory is a close as it gets to domination, especially when he plays like that!
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mcilroy looking like he will miss the cut at the PGA, sky will be devastated hopefully they will still show weekend coverage
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,647
    Forum Member
    Jimenez just got a hole in 1 at the 2nd
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised that some of the greens at Wentworth looked inconsistent in colour, very patchy, particularly the sixth.
    Put me in mind of the dreaded fusarium, but I don't think it was that.
  • Options
    dazcdazc Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great win for an at wentworth looks a star in the making
  • Options
    Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,933
    Forum Member
    dazc wrote: »
    great win for an at wentworth looks a star in the making

Yes, he had a very calm, confident manner about him and wasn't phased by the pressure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fairly disastrous start for Mcilroy in the Irish open, no great surprise coming off wentworth and being tournament host of this.

Seems to be a feature of his career where he seems win loads in short bursts, then just as easy seems to go on poor runs where he doesn't win for a while.

It's one of the reasons why I dont think he will getting anywhere near woods major totals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently in last place. He's donating his prize money this week, may not be too much of it. :(

Him and Kaymer are +15 between then and have had no birdies. :o
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory having his very own Tiger Woods moment - stone last in his own event.:blush:

I guess he should go back to playing the target golf that the PGA tour offers him as he doesn't seem to like the European air all of a sudden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is such an unpredictable character Mcilroy you would not be shocked if he won the three majors and loads of big tournaments between now and the end of the year.

Equally you would not be shocked if he won nothing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Rory having his very own Tiger Woods moment - stone last in his own event.:blush:

I guess he should go back to playing the target golf that the PGA tour offers him as he doesn't seem to like the European air all of a sudden.

Amazingly he's only ever won twice in Europe, both last summer. Doesn't seem to be nearly as much of a threat as he is playing elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Course is playing difficult again today, should be a pretty high cut line.

No idea who Jonathan Moore is but he is currently +12 for his first 5 holes today and that includes a birdie. He's had a triple bogey and also a 13 at a par 4. :D
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Course is playing difficult again today, should be a pretty high cut line.

No idea who Jonathan Moore is but he is currently +12 for his first 5 holes today and that includes a birdie. He's had a triple bogey and also a 13 at a par 4. :D

I think I read some stat on the Euro Tour page that the course record is 66 - set over 75 years ago!!

This is the sort of golf course that should be included in the open rota ASAP.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 24,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    I think I read some stat on the Euro Tour page that the course record is 66 - set over 75 years ago!!

This is the sort of golf course that should be included in the open rota ASAP.

Should be but is probably too small and simply doesn't have the infrastructure to host it, getting Royal Portrush on the rota was difficult enough.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Tiger carded a 13 over 85 at the memorial today (his worst round ever as a pro)