MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks great! CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Begins here in Aus on Tuesday next week.
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,917
    Forum Member
    So excited! Loved Season 6 so hope this tops it like they say it will :)
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now into the 2nd week. Still getting to know the contestants but the cooking is pretty good again.

Its ratings have far exceeded expectations. Although it recovered last year from the disastrous S5 it still did only just okay. This year it's doing well and been winning its timeslot, which should ensure that we get MCA 8 next year.
  • Options
    gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    God its only 5.30am and now I'm starving after looking at the clip :)

I know people moan about the number of cookery shows on TV, but they have without doubt encouraged and inspired we home cooks to experiment with different foods and techniques and they've certainly introduced me to a wide range of ingredients from around the world. I'm still waiting for someone to import yabbies into the UK!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Australia it is believed that MCA has had a huge impact on home cooking, the food industry in general, and the increasingly high standard of contestants. In a preview Gary said that they love Julie and Poh (finalists in S1), the dishes now are far advanced on what they did back then.
  • Options
    gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm sure that's the case triton. We know that there is a run on certain ingredients here if Delia or Mary Berry use them. I have to admit to sourcing Verjus here in the UK (a bit disappointing actually), and sumac has found its way into my spice rack.

I haven't yet been persuaded to use milk skin as a garnish, but I did put some edible flowers on a pudding a few weeks back (which I pinched from a tray of plants my neighbour had left out for planting :o)
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the first episode last night, and the standard of cooking is already so good! I did find it amusing that two of the first three possible contestants they showed were British.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching season 7 really rams home the point of just how badly they got things wrong with season 5. Thankfully season 6 was a return to form and going by what I've seen so far this season looks like it could be the best yet in terms of the standard of cooking.

I do wish they'd end their love-in with Marco Pierre-White. His whole act is tired now and I would much rather see another top chef given a week in the Masterchef kitchen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I guess there aren't many chefs who have both the standing and TV experience to do a whole week, and are available. I can understand MCA wanting to break up their routine a bit with special weeks here and there, so MPW is an easy choice.
  • Options
    susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Just a quick question, did that woman who had to withdraw last series, is she back this series?
  • Options
    Sal_WhiteSal_White Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    when does it air here in the UK?
  • Options
    coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sal_White wrote: »
    when does it air here in the UK?

I think it around September time, (that's usually the time of year I put on loads of weight! - thx MC Oz!!! Lol)
  • Options
    Sal_WhiteSal_White Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    coolmum123 wrote: »
    I think it around September time, (that's usually the time of year I put on loads of weight! - thx MC Oz!!! Lol)

brilliant thanks. cant wait for new series
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    Just a quick question, did that woman who had to withdraw last series, is she back this series?

If anyone answers that could you please put it in spoilers? TIA
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    cika wrote: »
    If anyone answers that could you please put it in spoilers? TIA
    I had to Google who you meant as I completely forgot about her! But no, Cecilia didn't come back this series. I can't find any update on how she is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to tell the cooks that MPW is not the world's greatest chef. It really winds me up when they keep going on about him being the best chef in the world
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the first 20 eps and its amazing this year.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agreed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't it just.
  • Options
    MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! The standard of cooking is amazing already!
  • Options
    Debs79hDebs79h Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Standard of cooking is amazing. Really enjoying this so far. :)
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Where/how do you watch the new season? It's not even available on YouTube.:confused:

Any tips/ links??
  • Options
    Michael09Michael09 Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where/how do you watch the new season? It's not even available on YouTube.:confused:

Any tips/ links??

Google is your friend :), that's as much as I can say without breaking the rules ;).