Options

The Grumpy Old Women Thread... (Part 18)

Comments

• Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Could never get the hang of twitter good luck MrH
    Feeling like cr@p need to sleep
    hope everyone else is good
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,158
    Forum Member
    wow that dog..sad]

aw hugs to laura
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Goodnight grumpies
    better day tomorrow
    love and hugs
  • Options
    AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad dog's escapades brought a smile to my face this morning - glad he's back

Hope we all have a better week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning grumpies
    Alarm call @ 4.30am care of cat
    Yes Amica a better week for all would be good.
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed for a good week for sure. About to set off on my travels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Safe journey Bats
  • Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *waves @ the Bat*

HM - he's lucky I have a sense of humour. :D

It's been a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg Monday. :o
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Monday all. Just eaten a home made chicken curry from a whole chicken that cost 1.30.I never get a food bargain so am chuffed to bits and it was handed to me as I walked into my local spar asking did I want a bargain . Oops maybe I look poor although I certainly don't look like I need a good feed ha ha

Hope Bats is waving at us as she flies over the country and Sad dog is still on the mend .

Has Plums surfaced since her move? Hope she is wallowing in happiness and not because she is chasing her tail :o

Hope everyone well and LL has a good week health wise. Toe saga continues but j have had a very busy week end which means I suffer. Tonight, Feet up slobbing in front of tele. The dishes can wait :)

Mwah all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twingle you need to invest in a dishwasher, hope you have your feet up and kitties sitting with you.
    Bats hope you have arrived safe and sound
    Amica yep it has been a long day
    Plum gives us a update please
    Me@ hope all good with you
    Snowy put the scrabble down😂
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hello all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Snowy
    Sad yep been a long day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning grumpies
    awake at stupid o clock
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twingle you need to invest in a dishwasher, hope you have your feet up and kitties sitting with you.
    Bats hope you have arrived safe and sound
    Amica yep it has been a long day
    Plum gives us a update please
    Me@ hope all good with you
    Snowy put the scrabble down😂

I have one so when I say wash dishes I mean the pans :) I don't put pans in dishwasher as take up too much space

As for kitties. Ha, you having a laugh! They follow me all round house but go beserk if I try to pick them up or even stroke them. I phoned the rescue centre for advice yesterday and said not to pick them up if they too stressed out but try and stroke them as often as possible. I stroke the little one when he is feeding but big one just runs. Said it could take many months but it is good they follow me round the house but that's only because I am the feeder! Granddaughters arrive for a week end of July and hope they more settled by then plus am a bedroom down as cats have taken over the room so should be fun sleeping arrangements wise!

Am off to ring GP as pain from toe can't possibly be right a month post surgery :o:o So fed up but nothing compared to what others on here have to cope with so shouldn't grumble should I ?

Happy Tuesday all and remember it's one day nearer to hump day :)
  • Options
    me@homeme@home Posts: 13,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grumpy Greetings from Amsterdam.>:(
    twingle wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday all and remember it's one day nearer to hump day :)

I've already got the hump so the one tomorrow will be especially welcome ! I haven't been here much this past week because mostly what I would have said was "ouch". I've been going through one of my painful spells which takes a lot of enjoyment out of just about everything. My hands have been the featured "star"of this episode so it's really been hard to rise above it by doing crafts. My eyes haven't been behaving well either so reading has been difficult, too. So, it's been lots of tv watching. Thank goodness for my new Amazon Fire Stick (Mother's Day gift from son) because I can only take so much of Jeremy Kyle, Judge Judy and Dinner Date. The fact that I'm able to type this post means that things are a bit better today although the sunless, damp weather isn't helping either.

Glad to see that Sad Dog has made a great recovery. Going out for a spontaneous walk shows that there's quite some spirit there. :)

Laura and Twingle and anyone else on the sick list: I hope that your getting better. You two , especially Laura, have been on it way too long. :(

BG: Where are you off to now? :o You should have a travel competition with my son. Since March he's been to Sir Lanka, Japan, US (twice) Copenhagen, Berlin, Croatia, Turkey, Iceland, and a couple of other places that I can't remember. The trips weren't necessarily in that order and he went back to London after each place visited. Some was pleasure but most was business. I can't keep up with him and worry that he's doing way too much. Same for you. You both need to slow down! :)

How's the play going Amica? When is it? I can't remember what play you're doing. Did you tell us?

Plum: hope you're having a nice busy time that's kept you away from here. I imagine you in a nice comfy spot, chilling out, listening to Young Plum tell you a funny story, watching Destructo Pup get up to mischief and relishing in the thought that you're in your own place. Aaaaah! :D

Handy: Your family days out sound perfect. I can feel the fun, joy and love that you all share on them. Thanks for sharing that happiness here! :)

I'm going to attempt to get out of my chair now and do something. I need to sort out my summer clothes and iron them after unpacking them. I wish I had enough wardrobe space to keep both summer and winter clothes out at the same time. I'm seriously considering trimming both season's wardrobe to make that possible. I really don't need much clothes with my current lifetyle. I don't mean that I'm naked most of the time :p, just that I don't go out and about much. Anyway, I HATE ironing so that's what my hump and grump is about today.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hi all

hugs and get well vibes to those that need them
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    @me@home **cough** :D
  • Options
    handymelonhandymelon Posts: 15,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all!

I am going in for an "everything's probably fine but we'll check just to be absolutely certain"- style colonoscopy late this afternoon, so am busy drinking foul-tasting purgative and popping in and out of the loo.

Hpe everyone else is having more fun than me - thank the lord for mobile internet!!!

(sorry for the TMI but haven't said anything to the world in general as didn't want to raise alarms unnecessarily, so you guys get the vent!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    handymelon wrote: »
    Morning all!

I am going in for an "everything's probably fine but we'll check just to be absolutely certain"- style colonoscopy late this afternoon, so am busy drinking foul-tasting purgative and popping in and out of the loo.

Hpe everyone else is having more fun than me - thank the lord for mobile internet!!!

(sorry for the TMI but haven't said anything to the world in general as didn't want to raise alarms unnecessarily, so you guys get the vent!)

Good luck Handy not the most pleasant of test but needs must love and hugs.
    Me@ wishing you well and hope for warmer weather and beautiful sunshine to help your pain.
    Twingle hoping the tablets work and the pain easiest
    Plum where are you
    KJ man flu again?
    Healing vibes love and hugs to all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aw Handy

colonoscopies are horrid

enjoy your first meal afterwards!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh you poor thing handy - I hope it went well and it's nothing to worry about. Massive hugs (((handy)))

And I hope you're perking up me@. I'm not quite as jet setting as your son - I'm in Sopot at the moment (and I've seen Hel - http://www.polandforvisitors.com/travel_poland/hel ) and I'm about to head for Gdansk, then Warsaw tomorrow and back to Yorkshire at the weekend. I need a beer!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, guys, I'm fine :)
    I have diverticulitis, but it could have been a whole lot worse!

Actual procedure wasn't too dreadful; taking the atomic-level laxatives to clear everything out beforehand was vile! :eek:

Anyway, so far since having it done at about half six (having been told "little and often but no bread") I have scoffed eight biscuits (in three stages), a packet of crisps and some Wensleydale for protein. Chips soon! Feeling a lot better already, got tomorrow off to recuperate.

Batty, you need a rest! Happy landings when you get home!

(((((((((((GoW)))))))))))))
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    handymelon wrote: »
    Actual procedure wasn't too dreadful; taking the atomic-level laxatives to clear everything out beforehand was vile! :eek:

For anyone who missed what is probably the best post ever on DS:GD
    http://forums.tvshowsupdate.net/showpost.php?p=22445895&postcount=65
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    For anyone who missed what is probably the best post ever on DS:GD
    http://forums.tvshowsupdate.net/showpost.php?p=22445895&postcount=65

I was actually thinking about exactly this post as I perched there performing. :D
    Good old Biffo, what a thread that was!
    It wasn't quite the same in terms of details but he is definitely my brother in spirit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o:o:D That was quite a read!!!

I had to Google that handy - hope it's not too bad and happy it's nothing worse. Next time we have cake we'll have carrot cake. Healthy, innit.

A busy day beckons and I'm still in bed so for now greetings from very sunny Gdansk and up I get....