Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know in the new Alcazar is there a bit in the song where they're singing "get back cancer" because I can't figure out what they're saying otherwise?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,279
    Forum Member
    Ace Wilder's new EP 'The Wild Card' is now available on Spotify. :cool:

https://player.spotify.com/album/2T7SSgggQa4UGlL1djL9N3
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    You know in the new Alcazar is there a bit in the song where they're singing "get back cancer" because I can't figure out what they're saying otherwise?

:D It does sound like that, but it's actually "Get back, hands up, go for it!"

They've even got a video for the song now.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pcrd32VH_M

Hopefully the new album isn't all cover versions.

Wonder if they are aiming for a slot at Melfest next year.........
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D It does sound like that, but it's actually "Get back, hands up, go for it!"

They've even got a video for the song now.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pcrd32VH_M

Hopefully the new album isn't all cover versions.

Wonder if they are aiming for a slot at Melfest next year.........

Oh. My. God! I must've missed the memo about this

Fantastic song, but they really should've reworked the lyrics too, name checking George Michael doesn't make any sense, and are we meant to believe they're all 20?? Pfft
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to 'Love Injected' again, it made me realise how horrifically dated and tacky our entry was.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Heroes played on Radio 2 - Steve Wright just murdered Mans' name :D
  • Options
    Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Heroes played on Radio 2 - Steve Wright just murdered Mans' name :D

That doesn't surprise me, the man is an eejit.
  • Options
    dtd222dtd222 Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked there were no Eurovision performers at the opening ceremony of the European Games in Baku. I expected an endless wave of Eurovision stars, including the president's son-in-law who did the interval in 2012.

Although, I think the old guy that did the wailing for "When the Music Dies" wailed his way into the stadium a couple of times.
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    dtd222 wrote: »
    I'm shocked there were no Eurovision performers at the opening ceremony of the European Games in Baku. I expected an endless wave of Eurovision stars, including the president's son-in-law who did the interval in 2012.

Although, I think the old guy that did the wailing for "When the Music Dies" wailed his way into the stadium a couple of times.

Now ex son-in-law. Yeah that old guy wailing was so badly mimed probably one of the highlights of the show.:D
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Announcement in late summer for our song selection format

http://www.escunited.com/home/united-kingdom-confirmed-plans-announced-in-summer/#
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

http://www.escunited.com/home/united-kingdom-confirmed-plans-announced-in-summer/#

Late summer seems very early for us? If we're having an open selection again let's hope it's better advertised than the last one!
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are we starting with the contests this year?
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

If it's too good to be true, it's probably false!
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    When are we starting with the contests this year?

End of June or beginning of July is the usual time and considering we had a late Eurovision this year it would seem ideal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's too good to be true, it's probably false!

End of June or beginning of July is the usual time and considering we had a late Eurovision this year it would seem ideal.

Yeah I think the end of June's probably best

The Czechs are discussing weather or not they want to stick around for 2016, I hope the fact that the public wanted them in the final makes them stick around
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtd222 wrote: »

I take it no one noticed the name of the Irish flag carrier then?!

I thoroughly enjoyed how our flag carrier was a lesbian in this highly homophobic nation.

A decidedly muted response to Armenia while a predictably ridiculous welcome for Turkey.

Also I wasn't previously aware that the Azeri president's wife is made of plastic.

Here for all to enjoy/endure: http://youtu.be/nUi1_bGiJSg
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga for Azerbaijan 2016
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga sold out I see
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    gottago wrote: »

Also I wasn't previously aware that the Azeri president's wife is made of plastic.

Here for all to enjoy/endure: http://youtu.be/nUi1_bGiJSg

DEAD did think Baku's botox supply is hard to get mainly because she must use all of it.

Evidently that ceremony cost double of London 2012, while ironically while having the same director of the Athens 2004 OC seemed to copy sections of it.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Just posting to check the thread still works, it's dead as a dodo :(
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back after a week away in Barcelona, was amazing but holidays always seem to go far too quickly.

A few Eurovision moments have happened however!!

The first one was at PortAventura theme park last week, during a show in the Far West area, they performed a selection of songs with a kinda western/catalan themed show, but one of them was Rainmaker!!! Sung live with dancing too! I was delighted and sang along! My friends guessed it was related to Eurovision as soon as I started singing along!

2nd Eurovision moment happened when catching up on the Athletics from last weekend in Birmingham on Iplayer, where they used Heroes as the intro tune to montage athletes with, and then used the instrumental the whole way through the 4 hour show! Hope they continue to use it for the rest of the season.

3rd Eurovision moment was on the bus to Barcelona airport at 6.30am, when I set my alarm to make sure we woke up before we got to the airport. I was convinced my phone was on silent, but I woke up to my alarm going off playing Heroes! And it was at the 2nd verse when I woke up! So the whole first part of the song had been blasting out on the bus!

The final moment was when I got back to the UK and spoke to my sister on the phone last night, only to find out that my brother in law has downloaded Mans's new album!!! :O I couldn't believe it! Even I havn't bought it yet! He is not a eurovision fan at all! (Although they did watch it this year as they knew I would go on about it, plus he has a Swedish son, so hopefully he will be a eurofan too! I am still to meet him!) need to learn more Swedish!

But anyway, hope everybody is well here and not suffering PED too much, I'm thinking I need to rewatch the whole thing again in the next couple of weeks. Contests starting soon too! Any idea of a schedule? (cough Weedy cough!) :P

Love to you all!

NK
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New SoftEngine song. Not a patch on Sirens but still expect it'll turn up in the next DSFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRQkidI7PE
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget: The Eurovision event of the year takes place on Friday.

Eurovision Young Dancers Contest!

I know none of you will be able to sleep with the anticipation.
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Don't forget: The Eurovision event of the year takes place on Friday.

Eurovision Young Dancers Contest!

I know none of you will be able to sleep with the anticipation.

ive been awake for days.
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Norway takes the contest seriously, showing it live on NRK1.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    ive been awake for days.
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Looks like Norway takes the contest seriously, showing it live on NRK1.

Just 1 more sleep! I haven't been this excited since the Eurovision Young Musicians contest in 2014!!!
This discussion has been closed.