Options

Wentworth (Australian Pace) contains spoilers

Comments

• Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the freak doesn't leave, Joan is one of the best characters, though I do think as Wentworth like contrasting PCBH that Bea will oust her. It'll all kick off and Ferguson will come out of it with no blame, but demoted to being an officer next season due to all the trouble that's occurred on her watch... Hopefully Ann Reynolds will turn up...

In relation to last night's episode,
    I think it's a bit of a suspension of reality (as it were) for Joan to be too stupid (for someone who is massively in control and is careful not to make mistakes) to leave the remaining pencils which Jodie used to harm herself in her desk drawer..
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think
    Joan will be killed in the final but it won't be by Bea or Franky but someone unexpected like Jess or Jodie. A real shocker would be Vera or Fletch killing her and I wouldn't rule either out of doing something like that at this point.

That's just my feeling from how its building up. I really can't see where they will take her once everything is exposed. Even if she stays on everyone will know and surely she would be seen as a risk to the womans safety? Unless
    Joan kills Bridget I also think its only a matter of time before her summing up of what Joan really is ends up in the hands of the prison service management. Surely they can't ignore a professional? even if she is tainted by the Franky thing. The management were furious with Joan back in episode 1 so its not like she has friends on the board and Channing would love her out of the way.

Unless still
    the plan is to keep Joan on for season 4 but she will be out for revenge from the outside after being sacked, so perhaps picking off prisoners one by one after their release? I suppose there is a story in something like that but Joan staying on as governor or even prison staff seem far fetched to me. Wentworth has been very realistic. If The Freak becomes Fenner then the credibility of the show would be left in tatters and I would hate to see Wentworth head off down the farcical route that Bad Girls did.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    What an amazing episode. I just love how Wentworth keeps the twists coming and at the edge of your seat. You can usually figure out how things will pan, but Wentworth leaves you hanging week after week. It's brilliant.

I felt so sorry about Nash and Doreen. Joan is so evil. Hopefully, Vera will manage to bring her down.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »
    I hope the freak doesn't leave, Joan is one of the best characters, though I do think as Wentworth like contrasting PCBH that Bea will oust her. It'll all kick off and Ferguson will come out of it with no blame, but demoted to being an officer next season due to all the trouble that's occurred on her watch... Hopefully Ann Reynolds will turn up...

In relation to last night's episode,
    I think it's a bit of a suspension of reality (as it were) for Joan to be too stupid (for someone who is massively in control and is careful not to make mistakes) to leave the remaining pencils which Jodie used to harm herself in her desk drawer..

Bea didn't oust Joan in the original. The opposite happened.

Rita eventually brought down the freak.
  • Options
    Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only up to episode 2 so Bea has just burned Boomer with the press. So far this is better than both the first two seasons.

By the way, Tempany Deckert's agent confirmed she hasn't joined Wentworth. An over eager fan started the false rumour. However it has been revealed that Tammy MacIntosh will have a much larger role in season 4. Her character is the Red Right Hand leader so I'm guessing she may end up in Wentworth?
  • Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Bea didn't oust Joan in the original. The opposite happened.

Rita eventually brought down the freak.

That's what I meant to say. Wentworth contrasting PCBH. I think Bea will have a part to plea ousting the Freak in Wentworth
  • Options
    monique!monique! Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I also have no idea how this is going to end, I feel like we don't have enough time with only 3 eps left..

At least Vera is finally seeing the light, it took her long enough. I think they will all play a part in taking the freak down some way or another even though they won't be working together. I can't wait to see it all unfold!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I like how Bea and Franky share so much screentime now without even a look of disgust between them, just hanging around like besties. Maybe not quite but it's strange to think this time last year we were watching their epic battle in the press room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »
    That's what I meant to say. Wentworth contrasting PCBH. I think Bea will have a part to plea ousting the Freak in Wentworth

I hope so.

But I think if Joan is taken down they will all have a part to play in her downfall

Vera now knows Joan was responsible for Jody, and that she left her to rot in the riot.

Fletch is getting flashbacks and knows the van driver worked for the freak.

A number of prisoners have issues, Bea, Franky, Doreen.

Bridget could see right through her.

I believe they will all play their part in bringing her down.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we'll see the Freak on the other side of the bars.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only up to episode 2 so Bea has just burned Boomer with the press. So far this is better than both the first two seasons.

By the way, Tempany Deckert's agent confirmed she hasn't joined Wentworth. An over eager fan started the false rumour. However it has been revealed that Tammy MacIntosh will have a much larger role in season 4. Her character is the Red Right Hand leader so I'm guessing she may end up in Wentworth?

I always wondered what was going on with this character as it seemed odd they cast a high profile TV actress but only use her on a few scenes here and there.

I think she wil end up being Bea's man on the outside. Which is what it looks like judging from last week's episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Maybe we'll see the Freak on the other side of the bars.

Would be interesting! the closest we ever got to seeing the real Freak behind bars was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaB82c1CcbU

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite episode of the season so far. It feels like Frankie has now come full circle
    so I would say she will most likely be the death in the final bringing final closure to the character :(

The preview for next week looks awesome! seems we are in for The Freak vs Vinegar Tits battle that we never got to see in the original ! :D I suppose we should have seen this coming. While Bea vs The Freak was the main play it was always going to end up being Joan vs Vera in the final battle.

Only two episodes left. The time has gone so fast.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series has flown by, not sure what they can do with Frankie's character now without her becoming stale.

I just want them to film S4 and release it all at once, these breaks ruin me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will miss her from the show but I would love for Frankie to get parole, she deserves it. I don't know who will stand up as the second lead character after Bea then though.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicole Da Silva was great this week. I'd hate to see her leave, but don't see how she can stay without getting tired. If she does leave, I hope it's into the arms of Bridget, like Nikki and Helen in 'Bad Girls'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree that the way they've taken Frankie, her basically coming full circle and trying to make amends for past crimes etc basically means only one thing in TV drama world doesn't it. She's a goner.

And sadly, as much as I would love it, I don't think she'll get the happy ending. I think she'll be lost in the fire.

I'll bloody miss her though. Say what you want about the character's story being done now she's gone full circle but she'll leave a massive hole.

I also agree The Freak v Vera is excellent, but I personally think Vera has bitten off more than she can chew right now. I don't think she's quite ready to take on Joan.

I also wouldn't count Bea out of the fight. She's managed to bring down an entire criminal family from inside Wentworth because she was determined to get revenge. The Freak shouldn't underestimate her simply because she's a prisoner with seemingly no power. And she has absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Getting rid of The Freak would basically cement Bea as the leader and not to be messed with under any circumstances. The last few episodes have shown her wavering and losing both control and power. Being the victor against Joan would place her very firmly back atop the pile. And I don't see anyone willing to take her on if she managed that....until next season of course haha.

Either way, whatever happens. I can't wait for the last two episodes!
  • Options
    monique!monique! Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I have to say I think that was one of my favourite episodes of the season so far, definitely had me on the edge of my seat at some points!

I love the way the freak is unravelling slowly but surely as things don't go her way, i do revel in her pain 😄

I have to agree that the way it's all heading, frankie will be the one to die. She was far too happy in the end of the episode and that never bodes well in TV world!

Next week looks like another fantastic episode, I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    monique! wrote: »
    I have to say I think that was one of my favourite episodes of the season so far, definitely had me on the edge of my seat at some points!

I love the way the freak is unravelling slowly but surely as things don't go her way, i do revel in her pain 😄

I have to agree that the way it's all heading, frankie will be the one to die. She was far too happy in the end of the episode and that never bodes well in TV world!

Next week looks like another fantastic episode, I can't wait!

The more I think about it the more it's going to be heart breaking!

Holding out all hope Frankie gets her happy ending and we last see her leave Wentworth as a car pulls up with Bridget in!
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Safe to say Jess is getting a painful death, just a matter of whether it's this season or next. Think they've done great with that little side story, she's a villain in the shadows while the likes of Ferguson take the spotlight.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Loving this series so far. Incredible writing and acting. I can't wait for the next two episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have Channel Five said whether they are showing it yet or not?
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Another fantastic episode and all building nicely for the finale next week. The Freak has lost the plot and it looks like she is finished with both the screws and inmates out to get her although don't be surprised it she comes out unscathed. Someone is going to die next week and like I have been saying all along I have a strong suspicion it will be Frankie. Vera has turned nasty too pushing Lucy down the stairs, although she claims it was the Freak. What about Will and Fletch ? it looks like Will is going to get framed for murder and Fletch is on the Freaks hit list again. Can't wait for next weeks final episode it looks like it could be very explosive in more ways than one !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding episode. Wow so Joan's father was in her imagination this whole time. She really is deranged. Pamela has been exceptional in this role. I hope she wins next years Logie. I didn't think it would be possible for Maggie's version to be topped but I think Pamela has edged it. I will only ever see her as The Freak from now on. She has made the role her own pretty much like how Danielle has made Bea way more complex than Val's version ever was.

All this drama for next week seems too much to cram into one hour!

I was thinking Jodie would kill the Freak but I guess the reason for her character was so Fletch would get his memory back. So it does look like Frankie might be the one who cops it :(

Jess has turned into a total lunatic. I hope they don't kill her off next week. I'd like to have her explored more in season 4. She is this versions take on Warner afterall so it would be a shame if she pops her clogs just as things got really interesting for her.

I really like Lucy. I hope she is also back next season. I like how in the end she framed The Freak for what Vera did.

I guess Will's future hangs on Tammy MacIntosh's character and what her purpose actually is. It looks like she is in prison being processed and is pissed off at Bea in the preview so if she is going to end up in Wentworth that could be interesting. So maybe next season will be top dog wars again.

I have to say though. I'm really disappointed that they haven't done much with Liz this season. Other than the daughter storyline which seems complete filler she has just floated around doing nothing much of interest. Its almost like she has been an extra for the most part.

Only one episode left. Can't believe its gone so fast.

If the Freak does exit next week then I hope they bring in Colleen Powell to be governor. Ann Rynolds would be too predictable. Although I always thought Linda was suppose to be Colleen, I was waiting for her to announce she was getting married to someone and would become Mrs Powell! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peteblue wrote: »
    Another fantastic episode and all building nicely for the finale next week. The Freak has lost the plot and it looks like she is finished with both the screws and inmates out to get her although don't be surprised it she comes out unscathed. Someone is going to die next week and like I have been saying all along I have a strong suspicion it will be Frankie. Vera has turned nasty too pushing Lucy down the stairs, although she claims it was the Freak. What about Will and Fletch ? it looks like Will is going to get framed for murder and Fletch is on the Freaks hit list again. Can't wait for next weeks final episode it looks like it could be very explosive in more ways than one !

She didn't push her, she pulled her back only for Lucy to hit her and lose her balance. Although I would say Vera killing her mother already made her "nasty" I just wouldn't pin that particular incident on her.