Options

Should people who join ISIS ever be allowed back into the UK?

Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,929
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think as a deterrent against people going to Syria to join ISIS they should never be allowed back into Britain afterwards. Let's remember that this is an evil criminal terrorist organisation that calls its self a sovereign state. Joining that should result in revocation of their British citizenship.

I would also like to see any person who has joined ISIS and attempts to return to the UK be arrested and sent back to: Syria into the care of Assads forces if that's where they were fighting or to government forces in Iraq or Iran if they were in Iraq or to face African Union justice if they have been with ISIS in Libya or Tunisia.

Comments

• Options
    OxygenatedOxygenated Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think as a deterrent against people going to Syria to join ISIS they should never be allowed back into Britain afterwards. Let's remember that this is an evil criminal terrorist organisation that calls its self a sovereign state. Joining that should result in revocation of their British citizenship.

I would also like to see any person who has joined ISIS and attempts to return to the UK be arrested and sent back to: Syria into the care of Assads forces if that's where they were fighting or to government forces in Iraq or Iran if they were in Iraq or to face African Union justice if they have been with ISIS in Libya or Tunisia.

I agree that they shouldn't be allowed back into the UK.

Although if they really want to come back, I wouldn't say no to those who agree to fully co-operate with our security forces.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

They have chosen to go and fight for or live in a self-styled "state" when they have one of their own. They have by their own actions and their own choices repudiated the United Kingdom. Their passports should be immediately revoked, and their names and descriptions put on international no-fly lists.

They have chosen to go and rise or fall with ISIS....let them rot there, mired in whatever sorry end ISIS comes to.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Categorically NO. We only want people here who will be an asset to our country.

They turn their backs on us and we should do likewise. as Phylo says revoke their passports.

This country has been so good to them giving them education, free healthcare, housing, benefits, sometimes jobs and this is how they repay us. There is no other country in the world where people are accepted and cared for.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think they should be allowed back here.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No way the evil pigs should be allowed back.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone with any common sense would say no.
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Anyone with any common sense would say no.

I say yes.... Wait what was the question?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do I feel like mountain_runner is the Daily Mail's doctor, trying to take my pulse?
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    They should never be allowed to return Into the country. If they went to join ISIS, that means they went there to fight the UK as well as everyone else in the western world.
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but that's beside the point as they're never coming back anyway,
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IS not ISIS
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Categorically NO. We only want people here who will be an asset to our country.

They turn their backs on us and we should do likewise. as Phylo says revoke their passports.

This country has been so good to them giving them education, free healthcare, housing, benefits, sometimes jobs and this is how they repay us. There is no other country in the world where people are accepted and cared for.

Their taxes will have contributed to those surely? Or are you presuming each and everyone is either on benefits and/or immigrants or perhaps both? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do I feel like mountain_runner is the Daily Mail's doctor, trying to take my pulse?

I loathe the Daily Mail but I also loathe fascism and genocide.

ISIS is in the same league as the Nazis and their SS and Pol Pots Khmer Rouge.

Like the Nazis and Pol Pot, ISIS intend to execute and murder anyone who does not follow their extreme distorted view of Islam including fellow muslims. There world has no place for these evil fascist organisations and their members have no place and are not wanted in Britain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This question seems a bit in the realms of fantasy.

If someone has duel citizenship, you MIGHT be able to repatriate them to another country where they have the right to reside. There is no way under international law of 'repatriating' anyone at all from their country of origin to a country where they have no right to live; Syria no more wants to own our violent hotheads than we want to own theirs.

All we can do is deal with potential offences that have been committed, some of which carry potentially heavy sentences; this in itself is likely to be a deterrent to those wishing to return.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to jail.
    Go directly to jail.
    Do not pass go.
    Do not collect £200.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Their taxes will have contributed to those surely? Or are you presuming each and everyone is either on benefits and/or immigrants or perhaps both? :confused:

Exactly how much tax revenue will 17-19 year old Asian youths or 16 year old Asian schoolgirls have contributed to the nation's coffers before they leave?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All we can do is deal with potential offences that have been committed, some of which carry potentially heavy sentences; this in itself is likely to be a deterrent to those wishing to return.

An even better sentence as I said would be to arrest them on return and send them back to Syria into the care of the Syrian police and judicial system. That's primarily who they have commit crime against and murder or attempted to murder Syrians or Syrian government personnel.

Another good reason why we should be on President Assad's side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This question seems a bit in the realms of fantasy.

If someone has duel citizenship, you MIGHT be able to repatriate them to another country where they have the right to reside. There is no way under international law of 'repatriating' anyone at all from their country of origin to a country where they have no right to live; Syria no more wants to own our violent hotheads than we want to own theirs.

The premise of the OP is that they've already departed to parts East...and is about them coming back. It's not about any "right" to repatriate them anywhere - they've already taken themselves off to IS.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,868
    Forum Member
    Last night there was a documentary on ITV, which featured a number of ex Al Quaeda fighters. These were guys who had joined, fought, seen the truth behind the propaganda for themselves, become disillusioned and come home. Their testimony was both powerful and moving. They spoke of how it isn't the utopian experience they expected and they weren't protecting Muslims. in many cases they were killing other Muslims and propping up a power elite who were getting rich at the expense of others.

These guys are now back and are advocates for not joining terrorist organisations. I feel sure their testimonies would be far more persuasive to prevent young Muslims falling for the propaganda than anything we/politicians/teachers/parents might tell them.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    She's not to tightly wrapped.;-)
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do decide to come back then they should be imprisoned for life meaning life.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Those that attempt to return should be arrested immediately and sent to a barren prison island in Scotland. There, they will be forced to live a typical Scottish existence - nothing to eat but gruel, incessant sound of bagpipes, wet and cold all year-round, nothing on TV but BBC Scotland.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly how much tax revenue will 17-19 year old Asian youths or 16 year old Asian schoolgirls have contributed to the nation's coffers before they leave?

Presumably their parents have contributed the same, to the nation's coffers, as any other parents of 17-19 year old youths or 16 year old schoolgirls - Asian or otherwise.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,868
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Those that attempt to return should be arrested immediately and sent to a barren prison island in Scotland. There, they will be forced to live a typical Scottish existence - nothing to eat but gruel, incessant sound of bagpipes, wet and cold all year-round, nothing on TV but BBC Scotland.

You haven't been to Scotland have you? :D

Actually it does sound a bit like descriptions I have heard about how the Royal Family like to spend their holidays at Balmoral.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably their parents have contributed the same, to the nation's coffers, as any other parents of 17-19 year old youths or 16 year old schoolgirls .

You've missed the point entirely. It's not about their parents...who have stayed here, so frequently in complete ignorance of where their offspring have ended up and who they're beheading this week...so we're told - it's about the youngsters who go. And what have THEY contributed before they went I.E. they haven't had time or opportunity or taxable income to have to pay much of anything.

How much tax does a 16 year old schoolgirl pay these days? :p