VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear by a banana sandwich.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly worried that I've eaten almost nothing for the last 2 days. I was feeling better so I had a yoghurt but half an hour later it came back again. I'm thinking it must be to do with stomach acid which I believe goes up when you eat something?
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly worried that I've eaten almost nothing for the last 2 days. I was feeling better so I had a yoghurt but half an hour later it came back again. I'm thinking it must be to do with stomach acid which I believe goes up when you eat something?

If it is you really need to get some omeprazole that's the only thing that helps it. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just taken a couple of Gaviscon which seems to be helping.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Try peppermint tea, and or some cool fresh air.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Apple Cider Vinegar works really fast when I have occasionally had nausea. I take a couple of tablespoons in cup of water. Best to sip it, not down in in one go. The worst case I had, I took it 3 times, but normally works after just one.

If you Google ACV, many health benefits.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phone your local pharmacist tomorrow (if your GP isn't available for a chat), let them know your medication details and see what they say. They could possibly recommend what to do?

Have you Googled to see if nausea is a side effect of your medication and if so any tips on how to combat it?
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    cal4751 wrote: »
    I find Apple Cider Vinegar works really fast when I have occasionally had nausea. I take a couple of tablespoons in cup of water. Best to sip it, not down in in one go. The worst case I had, I took it 3 times, but normally works after just one.

If you Google ACV, many health benefits.

Ugh, tastes foul. I tried it for arthritis but literally couldn't stomach it. It gave me acid reflux.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, tastes foul. I tried it for arthritis but literally couldn't stomach it. It gave me acid reflux.

This is worth a read for acid reflux.

http://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/acid-reflux/apple-cider-vinegar.html

Regarding the taste of Cider vinegar, adding some honey does help the taste.
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, sounds like reflux, especially if the Gaviscon (I love the taste of the Advance liquid!) is helping. As long as you keep yourself hydrated, that is the main thing until you see your GP.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Try peppermint tea, and or some cool fresh air.

Peppermint cordial used to work a treat for me.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Peppermint cordial used to work a treat for me.

that was just five mint aeros melted in the microwave ....:kitty:
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    that was just five mint aeros melted in the microwave ....:kitty:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    If it is you really need to get some omeprazole that's the only thing that helps it. Hope you feel better soon.

omeprazole`s great for heartburn but one of the most common side effects is nausea and from personal experience this can last all day long.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for you it is murder having bad nausea I suffer with it terribly in the morning. My GP has precribed me Prochlorperazine 5mg and Betahiztine Dihydrochloride 16mg they are the only things that stop me from throwing up.

Prochlorperazine did it for me, got prescribed fourteen and only had to take one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses. The Gaviscon didn't really work today so went to the Pharmacist. He said it was unlikely to be stomach acid and more to do with the brain. He gave me some bizarre pink liquid which has worked for a couple of hours and I think I'm going to have my first meal since Wednesday.

I realise I should really have put this in the advice thread but I knew I'd get more responses quicker here.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Hope you continue to feel better SirMick! Enjoy your meal, whatever it is...

Out of interest, what is the bizarre pink liquid called? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't believe that heart burn and indigestion yes but nausea I doubt it.

it`s punted for nausea.
    Bismuth subsalicylate, sold under the brand name Pepto-Bismol, is a medication used to treat temporary discomforts of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract, such as diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn and nausea. Commonly known as pink bismuth, it is also sometimes the active ingredient in Kaopectate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bismuth_subsalicylate
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Hope you continue to feel better SirMick! Enjoy your meal, whatever it is...

Out of interest, what is the bizarre pink liquid called? :)

pepto bismal by the sound.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it`s punted for nausea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bismuth_subsalicylate

pepto bismal by the sound.

That's what I thought initially, but I just thought there might be another bizarre pink liquid on the market that worked on 'brain induced' nausea rather than stomach acid-induced.

When I was having chemo last year, I was given metoclopramide and ondansetron - the latter is great, but they obviously need a G.P. prescription.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought initially, but I just thought there might be another bizarre pink liquid on the market that worked on 'brain induced' nausea rather than stomach acid-induced.

When I was having chemo last year, I was given metoclopramide and ondansetron - the latter is great, but they obviously need a G.P. prescription.

yes, i`m only guessing the pepto as it`s from the chemist, for nausea and it`s pink as a princess. :D

edit:
    Bismuth subsalicylate is the only active ingredient in an over the counter drug that can leave a shiny metal oxide slag behind after being completely burnt with a blow torch.

:o not so pretty now.............:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i`m only guessing the pepto as it`s from the chemist, for nausea and it`s pink as a princess. :D

edit:

That's it. I wish I'd known about it on Thursday but there you go. Never felt nausea was very treatable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's it. I wish I'd known about it on Thursday but there you go. Never felt nausea was very treatable.

is it much good? i could do with something heavy duty in for nausea.
  • Options
    Forum Member

edit:
    Bismuth subsalicylate is the only active ingredient in an over the counter drug that can leave a shiny metal oxide slag behind after being completely burnt with a blow torch.

Beats me how anybody would have found this out!!!

'oh, I'm a bit bored today - what can I do? Oh, I know, I can take a blow torch to my bottle of Pepto- bismol, that'll fill a few minutes....'

:o:D
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'oh, I'm a bit bored today - what can I do? Oh, I know, I can take a blow torch to my bottle of Pepto- bismol, that'll fill a few minutes....'

Needs must :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

might have misplaced their glasses and thought they were preparing a molotov.