Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne_B wrote: »
    Fantastic interview. Very interesting. Bring that bloke back :D

I like him too, Maybe he could be the one to bring back the ratings, live feed and the rules:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/B/bb7_celebrity/about/bb-rules.html
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    the past hm's nonsense continues while the ratings don't change from 1-1.2m a night
    I feel sure that if C5 were to show repeats of any of the C4 series the ratings would be higher.
    with no live feed no matter what their next 'big twist' is it won't have any impact on the ratings,except possibly lowering them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Helen Wood may face legal action by Victor for what was aired in the highlights show alleging the he was a 'coke head' and without any of this going out on live feed too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    322k (4.4%) watched the piddly 30mins of live feed last night at 11.30pm
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Wayne_B wrote: »
    Fantastic interview. Very interesting. Bring that bloke back :D

Philip Edgar-jones knew what we wanted and nick samwell-smith doesn't. All we have on bb now is people who hang around China whites all the time now. I think being managing director of initial which is an endemol unit doesn't suit samwell-smith, I think he's doing it to be honest to get it on his CV and then clearing off to allow a more competent person to replace him who has purpose and intent. :(

Face it realistically bb16 will be the lowest ratings bb of all 16 civilian series, the production team only have themselves to blame for the series being an absolute shambles. You'd have thought the production team would have learnt their lesson from their mistakes with last year's dire series, obviously not. >:(

This idea with a theme of bb is just a disaster really, to me it's a gimmick to make more money for endemol and channel 5 to ensure viewers are hooked on the show. Well the amount of money they've made through phone votes and ratings won't be a lot at all. Have to say it, but I think it could be the beginning of the end of bb for good, I think it'll last till 2018 and then cease to run. :cry:

The producers and management just appear like they haven't got a whiff of interest anymore and it's sad to see their contempt and selfishness to viewers like me. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    322k (4.4%) watched the piddly 30mins of live feed last night at 11.30pm

Bet that is higher then BOTS these days :D
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    All power to you Oathy and many others but i will not be watching this show again until it's confirmed in advance (amongst other things like no immunity passes supposedly bestowed by the public when we were totally misled at the initial 'they'll be leaving next Friday' hype).

A one and a half hour show for what was billed as the night of the series, with just a few minutes LF at the end, and nothing at all after that was the final straw for me >:(

I will not return to this show until LF plans are clear in advance and the producers are honest about how long 'twists' (what have clearly become utter fixes in my book) will last, and what people are actually paying money voting for.

Disgraceful >:(
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly Viacom don't like talking.
    So its back to the days of Jeff ford/Richard Desmond 3rd time lucky in that case.
    Im putting together another folder and will keep doing so until Viacom at least send some reply even if its F Off.

Please feel free to post thoughts on the live feed issue and like before All comments for and against will be printed off and sent

thank you :)
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    I think they are ignoring the obvious
    big brother slop should be taken off the menu
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bet that is higher then BOTS these days :D

Channel 5 seem to think we prefer watching trash on the side and their sorely mistaken. >:(
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Sadly Viacom don't like talking.
    So its back to the days of Jeff ford/Richard Desmond 3rd time lucky in that case.
    Im putting together another folder and will keep doing so until Viacom at least send some reply even if its F Off.

Please feel free to post thoughts on the live feed issue and like before All comments for and against will be printed off and sent

thank you :)

They do seem pretty set in there ways don't they:confused: But not replying to you after all the trouble you have gone to is just plain rude !
  • Options
    Mrs VimesMrs Vimes Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Oathy

I have lost the will to fight on the live feed issue to be honest, I no longer watch the show I just hang around the forum reading threads and wishing CH5 might one day wake up and smell the roses.

I remember being told. by those who knew better than me, that forums were for fossils who didn't understand that the world had moved on. Twitter and facebook were the way forward, move on or get left behind we were told, yet here we still are a place where people still gravitate too when they want to actually have a discussion about something they feel strongly about. Everyone whose anyone has heard of mumsnet me thinks and correct me if I am wrong but I swear its a forum did someone forget to tell it no-one wants to use it anymore cos it doesn't look very dead to me :blush:

Anyway moving on, forget forums lets look at twitter and face book as the new way forward re live events that people want to connect with, live streaming is BORING no-one wants to watch HMs sleep or eat or chat about the weather right? >:(

So how come there are people all over this and other country's watching hour after bloomin hour of LIVE FEED of empty space, waiting to watch an egg hatch or a bird fledge did no-one inform the web cam operator's that their feed is of no interest to those people whose lives now revolve around their I pads or smart phones or maybe if they are really old tec "their Laptops.

I give up, I am beaten I cannot work up the will to try to talk to those who simply refuse to listen.

If your bored or sad or just have nothing better to do you could try logging on to my local councils obviously outdated, out of touch with the modern day ways of communicating web cam. Could someone please tell me why the heck my council thought this would be a good idea if no-one wants to watch nothing happening for hours on end.

http://www.bbowt.org.uk/aylesburyperegrines

I cant spell and my grammars carp so I apologise if you find reading my rant hard work :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope this will leave to the downfall for Channel 5 with Celebrity Big Brother too as people like me will say boycott all of there channels, Including Breaking Bad on Spike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if what C5 were producing under the name of Big Brother was actually bringing in really good ratings,minimal complaints and a format that was creating a positive show i would move on.

Creating a show where the viewers are so disconnected that they have no idea what the highlights are about many nights and so little information on what is going on in the house,goes against what the show was originally about.

The live feed provided an addiction to the show/house and housemates that the more you watched,the more you became a part of the house and felt connected enough to vote.Evictions were once a huge event in my house purely down to watching the live feed and getting involved by voting.

This show was born on the live streaming,watching everyday people doing everyday things and doing tasks to survive in the house.I miss the nominations in the diary room,the general chatting,fun tasks,the shopping list but most of all i miss Big Brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    They do seem pretty set in there ways don't they:confused: But not replying to you after all the trouble you have gone to is just plain rude !

Can honestly say Viacom are the worst yet.
    Even the Bog standard CS wont reply. I did make contact with the head of future developments and he was the only guy to reply. He wanted to know more said give him a few weeks and he would get back to me that was 3 months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Vimes wrote: »
    Hi Oathy

I have lost the will to fight on the live feed issue to be honest, I no longer watch the show I just hang around the forum reading threads and wishing CH5 might one day wake up and smell the roses.

I remember being told. by those who knew better than me, that forums were for fossils who didn't understand that the world had moved on. Twitter and facebook were the way forward, move on or get left behind we were told, yet here we still are a place where people still gravitate too when they want to actually have a discussion about something they feel strongly about. Everyone whose anyone has heard of mumsnet me thinks and correct me if I am wrong but I swear its a forum did someone forget to tell it no-one wants to use it anymore cos it doesn't look very dead to me :blush:

Anyway moving on, forget forums lets look at twitter and face book as the new way forward re live events that people want to connect with, live streaming is BORING no-one wants to watch HMs sleep or eat or chat about the weather right? >:(

So how come there are people all over this and other country's watching hour after bloomin hour of LIVE FEED of empty space, waiting to watch an egg hatch or a bird fledge did no-one inform the web cam operator's that their feed is of no interest to those people whose lives now revolve around their I pads or smart phones or maybe if they are really old tec "their Laptops.

I give up, I am beaten I cannot work up the will to try to talk to those who simply refuse to listen.

If your bored or sad or just have nothing better to do you could try logging on to my local councils obviously outdated, out of touch with the modern day ways of communicating web cam. Could someone please tell me why the heck my council thought this would be a good idea if no-one wants to watch nothing happening for hours on end.

http://www.bbowt.org.uk/aylesburyperegrines

I cant spell and my grammars carp so I apologise if you find reading my rant hard work :blush:

can understand 100%.
    It does seem more funny buggers are going on with C5 saying no plans for a CBB feed yet endemol saying extra feed for CBB is being talked about.

its like last year the idea of MTV being used as a base for a feed was being suggested then it died within a matter of weeks, It seems just like the show everything is in chaos. They don't seem to grasp everyone can see they are in blind panic they are trying everything to drag this series to the finale yet the one simply change (giving more coverage) doesn't even factor.

Viacom are just awful no two ways about it. They are rude and reek of being completely out of touch how to respond to this issue and suspect that's why the silence. The same happened with Jeff ford

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGrRaeRWwAARSr3.jpg

this one reply took 3 times. and so far they (Viacom) are making the Jeff ford era look
    amazing in terms of communication they have an entire webpage of people not one of them replied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    if what C5 were producing under the name of Big Brother was actually bringing in really good ratings,minimal complaints and a format that was creating a positive show i would move on.

Creating a show where the viewers are so disconnected that they have no idea what the highlights are about many nights and so little information on what is going on in the house,goes against what the show was originally about.

The live feed provided an addiction to the show/house and housemates that the more you watched,the more you became a part of the house and felt connected enough to vote.Evictions were once a huge event in my house purely down to watching the live feed and getting involved by voting.

This show was born on the live streaming,watching everyday people doing everyday things and doing tasks to survive in the house.I miss the nominations in the diary room,the general chatting,fun tasks,the shopping list but most of all i miss Big Brother.

Obviously because they've got the casting wrong, then live feed is unlikely to happen. Mr samwell-smith needs to resign as boss of inital as he can't grasp big brother like his predecessor Philip Edgar-jones. He's not even honest either. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can understand 100%.
    It does seem more funny buggers are going on with C5 saying no plans for a CBB feed yet endemol saying extra feed for CBB is being talked about.

its like last year the idea of MTV being used as a base for a feed was being suggested then it died within a matter of weeks, It seems just like the show everything is in chaos. They don't seem to grasp everyone can see they are in blind panic they are trying everything to drag this series to the finale yet the one simply change (giving more coverage) doesn't even factor.

Viacom are just awful no two ways about it. They are rude and reek of being completely out of touch how to respond to this issue and suspect that's why the silence. The same happened with Jeff ford

this one reply took 3 times. and so far they (Viacom) are making the Jeff ford era look
    amazing in terms of communication they have an entire webpage of people not one of them replied.

**We** all know CBB doesn't need LIVE FEED to make it work its nice if you have it but it makes dam all difference if you don't.

Same works in reverse for normal BB, without LIVE FEED you can bring back the biggest and the best from past BB's but they are nobodies as far current viewers are concerned and new viewers have no idea why we liked them, cant connect with them on a personal level, hence the ratings are stagnating
  • Options
    Forum Member
    can understand 100%.

I can only think oathy that Channel 5 have had to make cutbacks for live feed to save money to make other programmes. What Ben frow said was the absolute truth as he doesn't want bb to be the main feature on channel 5. I have more respect for him than viacom and samwell-smith put together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    I can only think oathy that Channel 5 have had to make cutbacks for live feed to save money to make other programmes. What Ben frow said was the absolute truth as he doesn't want bb to be the main feature on channel 5. I have more respect for him than viacom and samwell-smith put together.

that's another really good point.
    Cost is used both ways. first it was "nothing to do with cost" from just about everyone then all of a sudden its back as the main reason.

the entire thing really is a shambles its not just the show itself the entire running just seems a complete mess. Not one person can still answer the Question how do countries like Albania run 4 feeds (1 premium) and still make it work.

Right at this moment in time the show and what it offers needs a full fresh review. Not relying on C4 BB11 data that was quite frankly laughable.

1,000 free passes
    loads of illegal feeds
    a costing that seemed so out of touch charging 25 quid would have been perfectly acceptable.

It wasn't run as a serious venture of making a profit PEJ. and C4 openly said it was a thank you to the fans knowing the show was leaving yet it seems everything around the feed now is based on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised your not getting replies Oathy

You just have to read the insult they currently call *twitter updates* to work out how little care about the viewer's need to know the state of play in the house :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Vimes wrote: »
    I'm not surprised your not getting replies Oathy

You just have to read the insult they currently call *twitter updates* to work out how little care about the viewer's need to know the state of play in the house :(

Its shockingly bad to be honest.
    Ben Frow has been about the best of them all
    Endemol took the major hump when they saw the BBspy article on BB Canada and the producers comments on why the feed is needed to keep that vital link of trust between them and the viewers.

David Lynn I'm not impressed with. But I've feared for some time its CBB they really want and if after this current run "normal" BB is axed I wouldn't be a bit surprised. If they kept the performance clause in the new contract its over.
  • Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    can understand 100%.

O.K. Just like the MTV rumour, where is the source for Endemol talking about it? Is this something you've seen Oathy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.K. Just like the MTV rumour, where is the source for Endemol talking about it? Is this something you've seen Oathy?

Sorry for the delay.
    Came directly from Endemol but yet again C5 appear to be putting huge amounts of distance between it, Honey made the observation some time ago its like not only a breakdown between the older fans and Endemol/C5 there seems to be huge problems between c5/endemol.

I'm told both Companies want a live feed yet surely if BOTH companies went to whoever is stopping it and really pushed the issue something would develop? this entire summer series is seems to be run on Crisis Management. The ratings for all the twists and hype are flaccid.

Next big Twist Friday? one of the Legend HM's stays and gets the chance to win the series. or just put more in have another mass eviction and get rid of me of this years bunch and forget they ever got selected
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the delay.
    Came directly from Endemol but yet again C5 appear to be putting huge amounts of distance between it, Honey made the observation some time ago its like not only a breakdown between the older fans and Endemol/C5 there seems to be huge problems between c5/endemol.

I'm told both Companies want a live feed yet surely if BOTH companies went to whoever is stopping it and really pushed the issue something would develop? this entire summer series is seems to be run on Crisis Management. The ratings for all the twists and hype are flaccid.

Next big Twist Friday? one of the Legend HM's stays and gets the chance to win the series. or just put more in have another mass eviction and get rid of me of this years bunch and forget they ever got selected

This time warp thing is a bloody joke. >:(