Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that say they are too tired to sleep... THAT MAKES NO SENSE?!!

If I'm super tired, I know I will fall asleep as easy as 1 2 3.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that say they are too tired to sleep... THAT MAKES NO SENSE?!!

If I'm super tired, I know I will fall asleep as easy as 1 2 3.

It's possible to be physically tired but mentally wired especially after exercise when you're body is shattered but running on adrenaline.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    It's possible to be physically tired but mentally wired especially after exercise when you're body is shattered but running on adrenaline.

No they usually just say it after a long day. Nothing to do with going to the gym or exercise .
  • Options
    Phil_SheridanPhil_Sheridan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    willowwolf wrote: »
    I'm going to 'loose' my mind, instead of lose. Seeing it drives me crazy.

How about he drove 'passed' my house, sometime in the passed, or he 'past' me on the M-Way, or ect, instead of etc, frieind instead of friend?
    We could be here all day with these, or hear all day.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that the 40+ year old woman I work with still says 'Mummy' and 'Daddy'
  • Options
    Forum Member

Speaking of London, to all those who were standing outside the Wetherspoons in Edgware Road, every single one of you looked like a kn*b.

I'm going way out on a limb here, but I'd hazard a guess that most of the people inside looked pretty much the same, and not just in that Wetherspoons, but all of them.
    Before taking aim, would all of you people who like to drink cheap beer, while surrounded by creatures that resemble the patrons of the bar in Star Wars, remember that I said MOST, not all, and my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Received Pronunciation. I dislike the way those that speak in this fashion distort words.
    On the news, an awful story was reported from Gratz in Austria. My mum was born near there and has always pronounced it exactly as it's spelled, but the newscaster pronounced it as "Groartz".

A friend of mine married a guy from Graz, they live in Gleisdorf.
    He, a native of Graz, pronounces it as Gratz, my friend pronounces it like Grahtz.
    I think his is correct, but I'd never tell her.
    She speaks German quite well, but says that she had murders with the Austrian dialect.
    Her 3 y.o. little girl switches in and out of German and English with ease.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    I remember posting something similar in the TV forums. My gripe was people who go "ooh, not my strongest subject, I'm afraid!" and laugh and giggle about it, reveling in their own ignorance.

If I was on a quiz show and something came up that 'wasn't my strongest subject' I'd be pissed off that I didn't know more about it.

What about the ones who get a question about The Tudor kings, and say, "Umph, a bit before my time."
    It was before everyone's time, but SOME of us paid attention during history lessons, (even though we may not know the answer to this one.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Why, is one type of slang better than another now?

The word is YES.

I know you mean yeah is slang for yes, but there's another yea.
    I'm edging out on that limb again here, I'm not religious but doesn't the 23rd. psalm start, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death?"
  • Options
    TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who open the bottom of crisp packets instead of the top!
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I know you mean yeah is slang for yes, but there's another yea.
    I'm edging out on that limb again here, I'm not religious but doesn't the 23rd. psalm start, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death?"

Yes, and it's pronounced 'yay', so definitely not interchangeable with 'yeah'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Yes, and it's pronounced 'yay', so definitely not interchangeable with 'yeah'.

No argument whatsoever Jules, that yea is yay, but the Wizard was quoting that "yeah" and "yea" were both wrong, the word should be yes.
    I think we both know what he meant, whereas in the past people had used yeah for yes, they were now abbreviating that to yea, and still meaning yes.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    The fact that the 40+ year old woman I work with still says 'Mummy' and 'Daddy'

Yes, I hate to hear that. My friend has a son and a daughter in their twenties and they both call her 'Mummy'. :o
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    People who pull their car handbrake on without pulling in the lever or pushing the knob in first. It sounds like it's some kind of ratchet.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    People who open the bottom of crisp packets instead of the top!

That one really gets my goat, particularly if it's a big family pack and someone else opens it and then you pick it up and the crisps start falling out >:(
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally just the other day I thought about how my back never hurts yet all my friends moan about theirs at some point or other.

Woke up this morning and my back hurts >: (
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People in the 10 items or less queue with a trollyfull of shopping.

White blokes born in Bromley talking in Jamaican patois.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motorhead @ Glastonbury.
    Mark Ronson @ Glastonbury. Aaaargh, the word is AT.

And just 'Glasto' is enough to set my teeth on edge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    People who pull their car handbrake on without pulling in the lever or pushing the knob in first. It sounds like it's some kind of ratchet.

You'd probably love me then, my wife's car is an automatic and. I almost never use the handbrake, I leave it in PARK.
    She uses the handbrake, but not in the the way that you think it should be done.
    On the one in a million times that I leave it on a slope, I'll apply the handbrake too, but I use it in the same way that she does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Hello you'

Gawd, I hate this expression! I've never heard a bloke use it, only women, usually to children or to each other.
    Much to my chagrin, my wife has started using it.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd probably love me then, my wife's car is an automatic and. I almost never use the handbrake, I leave it in PARK.
    She uses the handbrake, but not in the the way that you think it should be done.
    On the one in a million times that I leave it on a slope, I'll apply the handbrake too, but I use it in the same way that she does.

It IS a ratchet, and that's the noise they make. To me, pressing the button in before you pull the lever is the wrong way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Yes, I hate to hear that. My friend has a son and a daughter in their twenties and they both call her 'Mummy'. :o

I call my mum Mummy (or Mother if I'm annoyed with her) and I'm 25. I don't see the issue she always has been my mummy. Daddy only comes out if I want something otherwise it's father or pops
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    Outlook saying "Sorry, our services arent available right now" when you try and check email.
    Since Hotmail changed to Outlook theyve been shit! >:(
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apples in polystyrene trays, wrapped with cling film!>:(

What is the point?:confused:
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Apples in polystyrene trays, wrapped with cling film!>:(

What is the point?:confused:

they last longer when they are not touching.
    Years ago you would buy a crate of apples individually wrapped in paper which would last all winter.
This discussion has been closed.