• Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    No chance

He is a vital character.

PMSL:D:p

SULLA - is you really think that, then your not watching the same corrie as me.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    PMSL:D:p

SULLA - is you really think that, then your not watching the same corrie as me.

If he wasn't vital he would have left some time ago. :)
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a654729/antony-cotton-denies-strictly-rumours-my-loyalties-lie-at-coronation-street.html#~pgyNLshoFustg8

He won't be going on Strictly.

This is good, I really like Sean and can't stand the thought of him being off-screen for weeks. Glad he has taken this decision.

Oooooooooo.... You mischievous person, LOL!:D
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 23,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    I can see him staying in the show longer than Ken

Are you trying to ruin my weekend?
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew this wouldn't be the only news about Antony Cotton that I wanted to read, that he had decided to retire from "acting" (not that I'd call what he does acting), but this is quite a funny story. It's obvious he hasn't been asked. "I love Strictly, I'd bite their hand off ... but Corrie is my priority".

Also amusing that he talks about the cast being like family - a family in which half your relative don't like you?

And finally the arrogance of the man to talk about people who only stay for a year don't fit either as a character or an actor. What about those actors who fancy a short stint on a soap and to then move on, rather than just being the "annoying irritant" (he got that right at least) in the background.
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was leaving corrie when I read the thread title :(

Yes. So did I. And I'm mightily disappointed that he isn't!
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one will fix SCD for him like they did that singing contest because he had a chat show coming up on the same channel. ;)

For me this is great news as it means he won't be spoiling Strictly for me. He's a pain in the ass in Corrie but I tend to FF his scenes now. In fact I tend to FF Corrie a fair bit in general these days. 20 something minute episodes are watched in 5 minutes.
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't want him .

Why is he perpetually retained ? - he's patently a bad actor, only capable of playing an overly ostentatious caricature.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kikka wrote: »
    We don't want him .

Why is he perpetually retained ? - he's patently a bad actor, only capable of playing an overly ostentatious caricature.
    Is that the royal 'we', because it doesn't apply to me, or thousands of others that never see (or want to) DS?
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed! I thought I was going to read that he had left CS...ah well...maybe someday :cry::mad::-(
  • Options
    kikkakikka Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Is that the royal 'we', because it doesn't apply to me, or thousands of others that never see (or want to) DS?

OK then ... as clarification, I don't want to see him in the show any more ... as he is such a poor actor ... it's just my opinion , but I felt I was entitled to it. It's such a pity he is retained week after week despite his outlandish 'performances'.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    They should put it to a public vote before giving him another contract it's not fair we should have to endure another year of him
  • Options
    machobobmachobob Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's proper shite
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a shame.

With him doing Strictly, it would mean Sean being written out of the show for a period of time.

Oh well.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So did I
    :(
  • Options
    cardiancardian Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that he's only kept in CS because he is close friends with one or more of the production team.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cardian wrote: »
    I read somewhere that he's only kept in CS because he is close friends with one or more of the production team.

I am sure he is. He is quite a likeable guy, who wouldn't want to be his friend?
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I am sure he is. He is quite a likeable guy, who wouldn't want to be his friend?

Likeable?! He's downright nasty and arrogant. The man's vile. I also agree that he probably wasn't even asked to go on Strictly (which I love). It was just hype to get him publicity.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too :(
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we can only hope one day the title ANTHONY COTTON LEAVES CORRIE,there again who else would offer him a job?

I was thinking the same he would never get a job elsewhere...but he will never leave Corrie he is on to a good thing not to mention his high salary...he's laughing all the way to the bank.....but in actual fact I don't mind him to much I can take him or leave him..
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,362
    Forum Member

That glorious day will probably crash DS.
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Besides he lacks the discipline to learn to dance.

DIdn't he win Let's Dance for Comic Relief with his tap dancing?
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Good. He doesn't need to be on that crap.

That should read, "We don't need crap like Cotton on Strictly!" :p