Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    People who post really stupid, obscure comments on FB and think it's witty. For example, I mentioned I'd been to a local open air concert and my cousin posted "So there wont be any newspapers there LOL :)" I asked what he meant and was told to get a sense of humour if I can't take a joke! He does that all the time, posts bizzare comments and then gets angry when people haven't a clue what he's on about.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Speaking of radio shows, people who ring in and go "Can I please request that ubiquitous pop song that every station is playing all the time anyway?"

Just heard a message on the Steve Wright show - "Tell him I love him to the moon and back" WTF? :o
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Religion. I'm getting sick to death of these stupid people causing misery and killing in the name of a fantasy.

A very valid thing to be annoyed about. Extremists and idiots blowing themselves up and causing pain and suffering is certainly not trivial >:(
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay Google
  • Options
    AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook connecting FOREVER when I click log out and doesn't get any further no matter how long I wait. This drives me INSANE
    supertalk wrote: »
    Okay Google

And any other voice-activated personal assistant. I can't stand talking to machines. It's annoying seeing these advertised all the time.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way my Mum helps me with things such as studying when I'd rather make my own independent decisions. She cares too much.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Just heard a message on the Steve Wright show - "Tell him I love him to the moon and back" WTF? :o

Oh that's a trendy thing at the minute, you will see that on handmade pictures, jewellery etc at craft fairs. Sickeningly sweet, isn't it?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aetnla wrote: »
    And any other voice-activated personal assistant. I can't stand talking to machines. It's annoying seeing these advertised all the time.
    Yeah, they're so cringeworthy. Also, why are we encouraging noise? Buttons are nice and quiet. Imagine living in a place with thin walls and hearing next door always going "XBOX ON!" "OKAY GOOGLE..."
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motor scooters. Or at least the ones owned by a group of young ar$eholes just along the road. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd just kick them up an ride off, but for some reason they have to sit there revving the tockers off them (rrrraaammm pam pam popop pop, RRRRRAMMMM popop pop etc) for about 10 minutes before they set off. And of course the street fills with grey smoke. Cocky little latter-day mod-a-likes.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,921
    Forum Member
    Right, we were never like that were we :)
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That the usage of the word "Prosecco" has seemingly grown exponentially recently and I don't know what it means or why it's become such a buzz word.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,586
    Forum Member
    That the usage of the word "Prosecco" has seemingly grown exponentially recently and I don't know what it means or why it's become such a buzz word.

Same here!
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked my brother what to get his girlfriend and he said a bottle of Prosecco would do. I'd never heard of it and had a time finding it in the supermarket. Now it's all over the place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »

Anything and everything about that no-talent ****ers show annoys me intensely. I cannot believe he is still in employment.
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bureaucracy, red tape, clauses, small print, everybody trying to screw as much money out of you as possible. God it makes me sick.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The slow handclap thing that Wimbledon spectators have started doing in yecent years. Is it a 'why are we waiting' type of thing or what? I think it's damned disrepectful.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that, apparently, it's too difficult for people to imagine a pair of glasses on the picture of myself on my work ID badge (I didn't need them when I started working where I do), meaning that I had to get a new one done today. At least it was free.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To shutdown my laptop I click shutdown and it shuts down.
    To shutdown my pc I must click turnofcomputer then click shutdown, then it shuts down.

When using the pc I'm forever just doing the first part, forgetting about the 2nd part, then coming back a couple of hours later to find it still up'n running and eating electricity. Damn that 2nd step, damn it to hell. :(
  • Options
    Phil_SheridanPhil_Sheridan Posts: 354
    Forum Member

Where have you been living, on the Moon?
    jjwales wrote: »
    Same here!

To quote J. McEnroe, you cannot be serious.
    wampa1 wrote: »
    I asked my brother what to get his girlfriend and he said a bottle of Prosecco would do. I'd never heard of it and had a time finding it in the supermarket. Now it's all over the place.

In quite a lot of restaurants down here, (London), they'll give you a free glass of Prosecco if you order a minimum of two courses at dinner.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mopeds or high pitched motorcycles that sound like chainsaws.

You're in bed trying to get back to sleep and in the distance hear one and just know for the next several minutes you're going to hear it get louder and louder as it crawls it's way up the road and past your house
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenny Henry's snoring in the Premier Inn ads.

I vow to only ever use Travelodge from now on. Or, if I feel like treating myself, possibly the Marriot or Radisson.
  • Options
    ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say "I was like...." for "I said...".
    :confused:
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where have you been living, on the Moon?

To quote J. McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

In quite a lot of restaurants down here, (London), they'll give you a free glass of Prosecco if you order a minimum of two courses at dinner.

No, I'm on Planet Teetotal though.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm hearing and seeing it so much lately (including on these forums) that I'll just have to keep moaning about it until it stops!

It's people who say "floor" when they mean "ground". The ground is outside and the floor is, for instance, inside a room. I used to think it was a northern thing but I hear it all the time now. So irritating. :(
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    The fact that, apparently, it's too difficult for people to imagine a pair of glasses on the picture of myself on my work ID badge (I didn't need them when I started working where I do), meaning that I had to get a new one done today. At least it was free.

Do you work for the Daily Planet? They seem to have problems recognising a colleague when he isn't wearing his glasses :D
This discussion has been closed.