hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Wow! With +1 I presume?
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! With +1 I presume?

Yep it got the highest +1 rating of the series (305k)
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post "legends" leaving... so maybe some viewers have come back now Helen's gone?

Just need Aisleyne to sod off now!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post "legends" leaving... so maybe some viewers have come back now Helen's gone?

To think the first Sunday got 1.1m and second Sunday got 950k, that's some impressive climb! At the moment its 'doing a Bb14'. I think that hit a high in week 6. This year has hit highs in Week 7/8.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still got all the ex CBB housemates to go in THIS week
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Another series high (non launch) for BB. 1.40M last night!

Strange, since it was one of the worst episodes and was focused on just the sort of 'showmance'-type stuff so many people here say they dislike. There was literally nothing in it worth watching from my POV.

Perhaps there really are 100s of 1000s of people who just want to watch Aisleyne and don't much care what she's doing, just so long as she's on screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go that far.

I suspect they'll have a huge rethink about the direction of next years series, maybe look at the mistakes they made this year and actually listen to the fans? ...I know highly unlikely.

What do you think the fans are saying they should do that they haven't done (apart from the lack of live coverage, of course)?

When they listened to the fans who wanted more 'normal' HMs, the ratings were low. And if they listened to the fans who want things to develop naturally and don't like interference, nominations twists, and so on, they wouldn't have done any of the things that brought the ratings up.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you have it, the BB viewers love showmances.
    The ratings 'prove' it.

Expect a hell of a lot more to come while BB is still on air.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    What do you think the fans are saying they should do that they haven't done (apart from the lack of live coverage, of course)?

When they listened to the fans who wanted more 'normal' HMs, the ratings were low. And if they listened to the fans who want things to develop naturally and don't like interference, nominations twists, and so on, they wouldn't have done any of the things that brought the ratings up.

They could have still done those twists, but had let the original housemates settle in and develop.

- Viewers would connect more with housemates, which in turn makes the twists more involving for the viewers too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's odd really. There was ap positive reaction in the first two weeks (with a few calling it dull) and ratings were very low. Then its been very negative here and the ratings go from 15 year lows to getting similar ratings or higher than BB13 and only around 100k down on the highest rated series (bb14) as that got an average of 1.5m overnights.

So the more people get annoyed here the higher ratings go. Or maybe a bb viewer got a BARB box recently :p
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aisleyne's power :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could have still done those twists, but had let the original housemates settle in and develop.

- Viewers would connect more with housemates, which in turn makes the twists more involving for the viewers too.

They couldn't still do the twists, because the twists that raised the ratings were evicting 4 HMs at one go and bringing in 4 new ones and bringing ex-HMs back -- the very twists that relegated the original HMs to supporting roles and that didn't let them settle in and develop.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    We'd have higher ratings if there was more live feed and less need for a TOWIE kind of audience. :cool:
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,027
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    We'd have higher ratings if there was more live feed and less need for a TOWIE kind of audience. :cool:

I'm still waiting for any evidence, after all these years, that more live feed = a higher HL show audience
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    It's odd really. There was ap positive reaction in the first two weeks (with a few calling it dull) and ratings were very low. Then its been very negative here and the ratings go from 15 year lows to getting similar ratings or higher than BB13 and only around 100k down on the highest rated series (bb14) as that got an average of 1.5m overnights.

So the more people get annoyed here the higher ratings go. Or maybe a bb viewer got a BARB box recently :p

Weren't lots of people on Twitter and similar calling it dull before the 4-4 swap? The mostly positive reaction here seemed out of tune with Twitter and Facebook.

And while opinion here then took a negative turn, there were also a lot of people liking Marc or what he brought to the show. Even Helen, once she returned, seemed to have more people here siding with her than last time, while ones who disliked Brian or Nikki sprang into action.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne is cringe, nothing to do with her, maybe there was naff all else on, it's not like it's her first day joining, if it was the "Aisleyne" power they would have been up the rest of the day's too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for any evidence, after all these years, that more live feed = a higher HL show audience

Earlier in this thread, I asked people to estimate how many viewers a live feed would add, and I made an estimate myself. The numbers we came up with were in the range 100,000 to 200,000 viewers. That's significant, but not huge; the twists have added more without any significant help from the currently minimal live feed.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Aisleyne is cringe, nothing to do with her, maybe there was naff all else on, it's not like it's her first day joining, if it was the "Aisleyne" power they would have been up the rest of the day's too!
    They have been. Friday's eviction probably pulled in about 1.3-1.4 million too. :cool: Unfortunately the +1 figure hasn't been reported yet. Thursday's episode with Aisleyne's entrance managed 1.38m, way higher than the previous weeks.
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    TV choices were quite poor last night so not surprised +1 was so high....
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member

It's what oathy and Richie4eva have discussed in the live feed thread. Viacom are such crap owners of channel 5, it's unbelievable. >:(
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Earlier in this thread, I asked people to estimate how many viewers a live feed would add, and I made an estimate myself. The numbers we came up with were in the range 100,000 to 200,000 viewers. That's significant, but not huge; the twists have added more without any significant help from the currently minimal live feed.

they would need a decent cast first. of which they do not have this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Viacom are such crap owners of channel 5, it's unbelievable. >:(

In the nicest possible way, Big Brother is not their only show nor their sole concern. Day-to-day running of Big Brother is left to, shock, the production company (which ever sub-section of Endemol it is these days).

Channel 5 staff don't sit around coming up with task ideas or dictating to the production team who needs to stay/go. And while live feed is something a lot of people want the viability of it has to take into consideration an awful lot more than "shall we have it, yay or nay?".

I'm more likely to believe the people with experience of running TV channels, the folks that have more qualification in saying live feed isn't viable than 34 people on a forum insisting it will solve all the show's (often perceived) woes.

Viewing figures have been consistently on the up — now at a non-launch high for this series — since 4in4out.
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Big Brother remained steady with 1.09m (5.6%) on Channel 5 at 9pm (159k/1.0%),

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a655666/uk-tv-ratings-bbc-ones-the-met-policing-london-tops-monday-with-41m.html#ixzz3eXOs7QlD
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.25m including +1 then.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,027
    Forum Member
    It's what oathy and Richie4eva have discussed in the live feed thread. Viacom are such crap owners of channel 5, it's unbelievable. >:(

That two people have discussed it on an Internet forum doesn't provide me with any actual evidence that a live feed would increase viewing figures for highlight shows.

I don't understand really how not providing live feed for Big Brother makes a multi billion dollar global corporation "crap owners" either.