Options

Strictly Into the Future III

12346»

Comments

• Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome to round three of Strictly Into the Future! :)

After the first rounds saw historian David Starkey and partner Iveta Lukosiute sadly eliminated from the series after facing Stephen Merchant and Natalie in the bottom two, just eleven contestants remain and tonight they will returning to dance once more.

Tonight sees the Jive and Quickstep added to the dance line up, with the Waltz and Cha Cha Cha also being performed by our celebrities, but how will they do? Let's find out!

Starting tonight's show are undisputed leaderboard leaders Duffy and Tristan...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duffy and Tristan Macmanus dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Uptown Funk’ (Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars)

Duffy in Training: Top of the leaderboard again…I feel almost guilty, you know? Everyone’s so amazing, and if it was for entertainment alone, I would have voted David right through. I thought he was hilarious and now he’s gone! Now this week we have the Cha Cha Cha, to the biggest song of the year, so the pressure’s right on again. In my head, I imagine I’m as smooth as Bruno Mars strutting around the room. In reality, I’m more like…well I actually don’t know any other Brunos, but one that doesn’t dance as well as Bruno Mars!

Craig – 7
    Darcey – 8
    Len – 8
    Bruno – 8
    Total: 31

Bruno: DON’T BELIEVE HER JUST WATCH! Oh Duffy, let me assure you, when you’re on that floor, ALL eyes are on you, my darling. Now, it was so funky at times that you’d lose a little bit of control and you’d be shaking it all about *Bruno gyrates*, but you are still very, very appealing. Mmm.

Once again, you seem to have left Bruno is a state of duress…
    Duffy: Oh, I know! He’s so cute and lovely to us that I just want to give him a massive hug.
    Tristan: I’m not quite sure that’s what Bruno has on his mind!

Following that, will Joely and Anton be able to give them a run for their money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joely Richardson and Anton Du Beke dancing the Quickstep to ‘Run Llama Run’ (from ‘The Emperor’s New Groove’)

Joely in Training: Being left as the final couple to be announced safe, that was quite an experience. Probably one that I don’t want repeated too soon! My heart can’t take that kind of stress now I’m fifty! I’m not sure my heart can take the Quickstep either. Whoever named it wasn’t messing around. Whew! It’s such a wonderful, showy dance though that I can forgive it for the aches in my poor legs. Our score for the Cha Cha Cha saw us take a step backwards, so I would love to bring it back up with the Quickstep.

Craig – 6
    Darcey – 7
    Len – 7
    Bruno – 7
    Total: 27

Darcey: Joely! That was so, so quick! I have to say you did a wonderful job of keeping up with Anton. The boys are right, there were gapping issues throughout and you did let your frame drop. You really need to extend in the Ballroom, imagine that beautiful vase shape. I think you are definitely a Ballroom girl though.

A bit of gapping, a few frame issues, but mostly very positive from the judges there.
    Joely: The judges are always very positive, even Craig there although you have to look harder to see it sometimes! Every week I just really want to impress them and Anton, and if I can do that, I’m happy.

Over to our next couple, it’s Tom and Joanne…
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Jones and Joanne Clifton dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Ob La Di Ob La Da’ (The Beatles)

Tom in Training: Well, I thought last week went very well. Very well indeed. An eight from the lovely Darcey. I don’t think many men over the age of seventy can make the claim they got an eight off Darcey Bussell for the Salsa, can they? As you know, I’m all about the music and we have another great song this round. You can’t go wrong with The Beatles, can you? I’ll be doing a bit of acting, actually, and I’m a bit of a fish out of water, but little Joanne has a lot of trust in me so I’ll have to try my best.

Craig – 4
    Darcey – 7
    Len – 6
    Bruno – 5
    Total: 22

Craig: Well darling, perhaps we should leave the acting to the professionals. The whole thing was frankly very bizarre, you seemed to spend the opening sixteen bars clutching a barrel and your posture didn’t improve when you did finally start dancing. A bit of a disappointment.

Well, Craig wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs, was he?
    Joanne: He was Desmond with his barrel in the market place!
    Tom: I was just grateful of the rest.

Can Stephen and Natalie impress with their Quickstep? It’s time to find out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Merchant and Natalie Lowe dancing the Quickstep to ‘Shaun’s Mission’ (from ‘The Shaun the Sheep Movie’)

Stephen in Training: Had a bit of a let off there, didn’t we? I don’t think anybody was expecting me of all people to excel at the Cha Cha, so it wasn’t really a surprise to be in the bottom two. All the same, I’d rather not be there for a second time! This time we’re dancing the Quickstep, to Shaun the Sheep no less. A dancing legend there. There’ll be a bit of, err, character to our dance, but thankfully I’m not going to be dancing on all fours. That might be a bit of an improvement on last week’s efforts though!

Craig – 5
    Darcey – 7
    Len – 7
    Bruno – 6
    Total: 25

Len: Stephen, lemme tell you, there was no counting sheep in that performance. It was fast, sharp…could’er done with bein’ a bit straighter a times, but you’re a tall guy and I know you’ve been workin’ on that. With an improvement like that, I’ll pickle my walnuts if you’re in the bottom two again.

A little birdy tells us you’ve been having lessons from our reigning champion this week…
    Stephen: I know, it’s a bit worrying that Adam’s got one less limb than me and still managed to be a lot more competent! He was in the bottom two a few times though and manage to push on to that win, so who knows!?

Will Margaret and Pasha’s Jive got off with a boom?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margaret Mountford and Pasha Kovalev dancing the Jive to ‘Boom Boom Boom Boom’ (The Vengaboys)

Margaret in Training: Well, we made it, against the odds we seem to have stirred up something in enough of the loyal fanbase of this show to vote for us and I’d like to say a very sincere thank you! Although that thank you may be a little less sincere since finding out that I am expected to dance the Jive. I am not a woman built for a Jive. In my younger years, I was not a woman built for a Jive and the look of quiet desperation of Pasha’s face suggests that he is not such a fan of the Jive this week either.

Craig – 1
    Darcey – 5
    Len – 5
    Bruno – 4
    Total: 15

Bruno: Boom, boom, boom, boom! Oh Margaret, I don’t think anybody wants you in their room after that Jive! *laughs* Oh Margaret, you are such a goer and it really was a very funny, but you are not a dancer. *laughs*

The words ‘you are not a dancer’ are probably not words you want to hear on a dancing series…
    Margaret: I don’t think anybody was under any illusions, were they?
    Pasha: The Jive might not have been your best effort, but there’s definitely a dancer in there.

Will Anna and Aljaz’s sugary Cha Cha Cha hit a sweet note with the judges?
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 1 from Craig!? :eek:

I don't think he'll be getting in Margaret's room tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna Torv and Aljaz Skorjanec dancing the Cha Cha Cha to ‘Sugar’ (Maroon 5)

Anna in Training: I don’t really know how I felt about the elimination. I mean, in my head I knew I’d done okay on the leaderboard, but I’m an Aussie and even though an Aussie won last series there is a bit of a culture clash, maybe? I’m glad I’m through either way! The Cha Cha Cha actually leaves me feeling very vulnerable. Although it’s a Latin like the Salsa, there was so much armography with Aljaz that it felt like a tiny bit Ballroom. With the Cha Cha Cha, I’m all on my own! Aljaz trusts me though, so I think it’s time I start believing in myself.

Craig – 6
    Darcey – 7
    Len – 7
    Bruno – 6
    Total: 26

Bruno: Oh Anna, don’t look so sad! Where’s that beautiful smile? That’s better. Now, we both know what happened, you missed a step and from there it all went a bit downhill, didn’t it, my dear? Yes. It happens, and it’s a shame, but you’ll bounce back! When things like that happen, you can’t let it get to you.

Shall we skim over that rogue New Yorker?
    Anna: I thought I already had! Aaah, I am so annoyed at myself.
    Aljaz: Don’t be. There are professional dancers on this show who have danced their whole lives and they’ve missed steps. It happens and I still think you’re amazing.

With the only Waltz of the night, it’s Matt and Otille…
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Smith and Otille Mabuse dancing the Waltz to ‘Edward Scissorhands Theme’ (from ‘Edward Scissorhands’)

Matt in Training: Whatever happens from now on, the Tango is definitely the highlight to beat. We’re all still finding our feet a bit, so dance the Tango and get a nine…how? *laughs* The acting side of things seemed to go down well with the judges, which you’d hope really, but the Waltz is a lot more subtle than the Tango. There’s no head snapping or angry faces, and I always tend to play extroverted characters, so it’s going to be a case of digging a bit deeper this week and doing a bit of rummaging in the training archives.

Craig – 8
    Darcey – 9
    Len – 8
    Bruno – 9
    Total: 34

Darcey: You were worried about the performance of the Waltz Matt, but you really didn’t have anything to worry about. The connection between you is fantastic, and I thought you danced beautifully. It was so gentle and romantic, I can already your performance skills will translate perfectly to the Rumba.

Darcey’s already dreaming of Rumbas…
    Matt: I know, we’ve got to get through this week first, but if we do I can confirm we’ll be dancing the Rumba. An Evita Rumba no less.

Onto Amélie and Brendan now with their Quickstep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amélie Mauresmo and Brendan Cole dancing the Quickstep to ‘American Beauty Rose’ (Frank Sinatra)

Amélie in Training: A big part of this series is building up momentum and having two Ballroom dances, one after the other, definitely helps with that. It probably hasn’t escaped your notice, but the Quickstep is very fast! A lot of us seem to have fast dances this week, and it has been so hot! I thought Roland Garros was tough, a hot stuffy training room is another thing. I’m not sure I’d like to dance a Quickstep on clay though! Footwork is such an important part of my career that I actually have had no problems picking that up. My arms are not so happy!

Craig – 7
    Darcey – 8
    Len – 7
    Bruno – 7
    Total: 29

Len: Wew, it weren’t quite a Grand Slam, but that Quickstep should see you through to the third round in straight sets Amélie. That was a proper Quickstep, full of technique and sharp footwork. It might’er been a slow start, but you girl are going places.

It seems Len has been polishing up on his tennis terminology…
    Amélie: He’s such a gentleman, and very complimentary with his terminology too.
    Brendan: And why wouldn’t he be? That really was a fantastic little Quickstep we had there.

Will Pippa and Trent’s Jive put smiles on the judges faces?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa Middleton and Trent Whiddon dancing the ‘Smiley Faces’ (Gnarls Barkley)

Pippa in Training: ‘Dull’ probably wasn’t quite what we were aiming for with our Waltz, I must admit. Although anyone who has watched Cinderella might appreciate she’s far from outgoing. *laughs* No characters this week though, Aljaz has made very sure of that, before I embarrass anymore of my family members with my efforts at emoting" Although with all the steps I have to learn for the Jive, trying to cram in a character as well might be one step too far for my apparently limited acting skills. We’re letting the dancing do the talking.

Craig – 6
    Darcey – 8
    Len – 8
    Bruno – 9
    Total: 31

Craig: Dead behind the eyes. Until you learn how to sell a dance, you cannot and will not improve. That’s all I have to say.

Well…a slight divide amongst our panel there.
    Pippa: Slightly, yes! My brother said to me that as long as it wasn’t dull, I’d be fine. I don’t think ‘dead behind the eyes’ was quite what he had in mind though! *laughs*
    Trent: I didn’t think you were dead behind the eyes. Maybe it’s time Craig visits the opticians.

Can H and Ola find the substance to equal their performance with the Quickstep?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H and Ola Jordan dancing the Quickstep to ‘Something in the Water’ (Brooke Fraser)

H in Training: Like a virgin, touched for the very first time… *laughs* Can we not dance the Cha Cha Cha again? Oh go on! *laughs* The judges thought I had ‘gusto’ in my Cha Cha Cha! Whatever gave them that idea? *laughs* Oh well, onto the Quickstep and there’s no time for mincing or gusto! There’s no time for anything! It’s like doing an Olympic sprint while super glued to your partner’s chest! I’m absolutely exhausted! The Quickstep is a BIG dance, but thankfully I have an ever BIGGER personality! *laughs*

Craig – 7
    Darcey – 8
    Len – 7
    Bruno – 7
    Total: 29

Craig: I don’t think anybody could ever accuse you of being a wallflower, could they? However, for the first time your dancing came somewhere close to matching that massive personality. The lip-syncing was frankly very off-putting at times, but we are starting to see progress.

There must be something in the water, all of our judges seemed to quite like that.
    H: Ooh, get you with the puns! *laughs* Honestly, us blonde bombshells have worked out socks off this week so those comments are actually very well deserved! *laughs*

Finally, please welcome Davood and Aliona!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davood Ghadami and Aliona Vilani dancing the Jive to ‘Kill the Director’ (The Wombats)

Davood in Training: I am so happy that the Waltz is over and done with! I know I’m not supposed to say that, but I really am. *laughs* It was uncomfortable, my suit bunched up under my armpits and it was flipping hot! Apart from that it was alright though. I’m much happier to be dancing the Jive though which was the one dance I really wanted to get the chance to have a go at, so now I’ve ticked that off, I’m happy to go home. I’m joking! If Aliona caught me saying that, I reckon she’d probably string me up. Can we edit that out? *laughs*

Craig – 8
    Darcey – 9
    Len – 8
    Bruno – 8
    Total: 33

Darcey: Davood, that Jive was seriously fast! I can see how hard Aliona has been working you this and it has definitely paid off. The kicks and flicks were so sharp, and your timing was flawless throughout. You are very exciting to watch.

Your highest score so far, and your first nine of the series!
    Davood: If I don’t seem happy, it’s because I feel like I’ve punctured a lung! I thought I was fit, but these professionals put me to shame.
    Aliona: I think that’s an invitation for even more training!

Here's how they stack up on the leaderboard...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st Matt Smith and Otille Mabuse – 34 (11)
    2nd Davood Ghadami and Aliona Vilani – 33 (10)
    3rd Pippa Middleton and Trent Whiddon – 31 (9)
    =3rd Duffy and Tristan Macmanus – 31 (9)
    5th Amélie Mauresmo and Brendan Cole – 29 (8)
    =5th H and Ola Jordan – 29 (8)
    7th Joely Richardson and Anton Du Beke – 27 (7)
    8th Anna Torv and Aljaz Skorjanec – 26 (6)
    9th Stephen Merchant and Natalie Lowe – 25 (5)
    10th Tom Jones and Joanne Clifton – 22 (4)
    11th Margaret Mountford and Pasha Kovalev – 15 (3)

All change at the top and bottom as Duffy's finally knocked off the top spot, and with David gone it's left to Margaret to fill that hole at the bottom of the leaderboard with that one from Craig. Naturally it goes without saying that your votes could change that! :)

LINES ARE NOW OPEN!

Please rank the eleven couples from 1-11 (1 for least favourite, 11 for favourite) and PM those votes to me (IzzieStar). Those votes will be combined with the leaderboard and tomorrow we will see which couples your votes have landed in the bottom two!
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kill the director? It's like being on the Soaps forum all over again. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kill the director? It's like being on the Soaps forum all over again. :D

I've had that song in mind for Davood since the series started precisely because of that advert. :D
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show once again Izzie!
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabulous as always! Best keep "kill the director" off the iPods of my cast, both in real life and in Dsville ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Great show once again Izzie!

Thanks Andrew. :D
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Fabulous as always! Best keep "kill the director" off the iPods of my cast, both in real life and in Dsville ;)

Danny Hepa is a strictly gramophone kinda guy, so I don't think there's much risk there. ;-)