Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    surely they are going to put nadal online at least? can't see him anywhere though.....
    (All organ donors to Nadal please find cyber strawberries and cakes on the side table to keep your energy up.)

eta found it!
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Do I NEED to see Kyle Edmund getting his arse kicked on two channels? Is it beyond the ken of the BBC to put two different matches on?

I'd rather watch good players than shit British players getting spanked. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Nice easy start for Petra to ease her onto the grass. Bertens on the board now but I can still see this being done in 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I say 45 minutes? Maybe it'll be more like half an hour...
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Tsonga and Mueller had spent longer than that on the first set and they're still in the tie break!

And now the first set in the Kvitova centre court match lasts a massive 17 minutes!! Most women's tennis is just pathetic.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its nerve wracking watching Rafa!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    Petra putting on a clinic in that first set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they'd tied a donkey up at the other end it would've gotten more second serve points than Bertens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    its nerve wracking watching Rafa!

isn't it just?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And now the first set in the Kvitova centre court match lasts a massive 17 minutes!! Most women's tennis is just pathetic.

Nothing pathetic about watching peak Petra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nice point!!! lovely little dinks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two games all in the Nadal match in the same amount of time Kvitova took the first set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bellucci looks about 17!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes!! Nadal breaks!!!
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You say that like the men never have lopsided matches. Isn't that why so many complain about early rounds in general?
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    You say that like the men never have lopsided matches. Isn't that why so many complain about early rounds in general?

Indeed already more shocks in the women with the number 9 seed out. There's never going to be the same amount of bagels because of the serve, but I'm sure there will be plenty of straight-setters for the top 10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »

Far, far more prevalent in the womens game.
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Nothing pathetic about watching peak Petra.

I get no satisfaction from watching wholly unabalanced one-sided matches (of either sex) and these are all too common in the womens game.

This could be all done in 35 minutes. Pretty shameful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    double break for Nadal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible tennis from Petra, laying down a marker I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible tennis from Petra, laying down a marker I think.

I'd love to see what she can do against Serena on this surface.
  • Options
    serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love watching Petra when she's in that kind of form.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Far, far more prevalent in the womens game.

I get no satisfaction from watching wholly unabalanced one-sided matches (of either sex) and these are all too common in the womens game.

This could be all done in 35 minutes. Pretty shameful.

Don't like it? Then watch another match, plenty to choose from on the BBC Sport site. Peak players sending out a come and get me challenge and when it's a player I like is the icing on the cake for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oooopd Nadal drops his serve...this is weird match....

Rafa takes the first set 6-4....weird he looks more comfortable serve and volleying than at the baseline :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, Laura won a game, so it won't be as bad as I feared, insane return too, in the next game, reminds you of the power she has, still obviously not match-fit.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The use of bad language on court has happened for decades. But in times past there have been people at the BBC who made sure that as far as possible, the feed from court-side microphones was muted, when it was likely to "kick off," so the viewer missed most of it.

I'm sure the authorities at Wimbledon will have had a "quiet word," as the perceived etiquette at this event, demonstrated by players and particularly most spectators, has always been superior to that at other tournaments
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Dreddy through to Round 2- great day for tennis! Lovely to see Serve and Volley isn't truly dead

He will be really awkward for rafa. Centre court written all over that one (They'll give Andy his token court 1 match thurs most likely as a result)

Did I hear the first game in the Nadal match lasted longer than Kvitova's first set :o:o

Jo in a battle here as expected. Muller has been terrible from the ground but Jo really is such an average returner

I wonder has this been Youzhny's last Wimbledon performance?
This discussion has been closed.