Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Is the camera angle on Centre Court higher this year than normal ?

looks the same to me :confused:
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More riveting then watching Nadal grind out 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, (but than most things are IMHO) and yes I'm sure every game will be incredibly long, yay.

Oh wait the first set between Fed and this bloke I've never heard of is only last 20 minutes, let's decry the men's game.

Embarassing for you then that Dzumuhr is 3-3 in the second which proves my point really so thanks for highlighting that.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    looks the same to me :confused:

My eyesight must be deteriorating in my old age. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My eyesight must be deteriorating in my old age. :D

mirage from the heat? ;-)

(i want to say check your aspect ratio on the tv but however i phrase it, it sounds patronising; the other day my tv was on auto and it was forcing the wrong ratio making everything look odd...)
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Embarassing for you then that Dzumuhr is 3-3 in the second which proves my point really so thanks for highlighting that.

I'll live. In the end I don't count time spent on court as a validation of anything. Fact is Rafa, Roger, Novak, Andy will probably all win in straights, probably Berdych too, big serves stop them being total wipeouts, but personally I find them an hideous grind mostly, horse-for-courses.

Wish they were all best-of-three.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mirage from the heat? ;-)

(i want to say check your aspect ratio on the tv but however i phrase it, it sounds patronising; the other day my tv was on auto and it was forcing the wrong ratio making everything look odd...)

I am dreading going to this tomorrow now with this heat. Not sure I will last the day. It's bad enough today but it's supposed to be 5 degrees warmer tomorrow. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am dreading going to this tomorrow now with this heat. Not sure I will last the day. It's bad enough today but it's supposed to be 5 degrees warmer tomorrow. :o

are you allowed to take little cooler bags in? or is that banned now? sun cream and water are your friends. you can do it least you're not playing the match :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Break for Robson in the 2nd set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...and just like that Rodina breaks back
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, back to tennis I am watching, because with the great Beeb coverage we have choices, Laura breaks in the second set, but then throws in a 'mare to get broken back. Purely lack of match practice that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyway, back to tennis I'm watching, because with the great Beeb coverage we have choices, Laura breaks in the second set, but then throws in a 'mare to get broken back. Purly lack of match practice that.

have to agree Sean it's lovely to be able to follow other matches with the live streaming!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laura really going for the lines. Not sure it's the best strategy though looking at her unforced errors.
  • Options
    Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Laura really going for the lines. Not sure it's the best strategy though looking at her unforced errors.

Wouldn't be a Robson match without a high UE count.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a Robson match without a high UE count.

I can see her going for the lines against the top players, or out of desperation, but she can beat Rodina without it imo, just by playing some safer shots and at least staying in the point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you allowed to take little cooler bags in? or is that banned now? sun cream and water are your friends. you can do it least you're not playing the match :D

Not even sure if they allow sun cream in these days. A woman in the queue ahead of me at the USO last year had her sun cream removed from her bag.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Murray's wedding ring on his shoelace being focused on in his match this afternoon :D (If the French Open is anything to go by!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Murray's wedding ring on his shoelace being focused on in his match this afternoon :D (If the French Open is anything to go by!)

Yeah, I think they pointed it out every single time...
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy who is calling the Nadal match keeps going on and on about Nadal's past few Wimbledons, can we please move on from this now!
  • Options
    TransponsterTransponster Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Win or lose, I'm just happy to see Laura back on court and actually competing
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Why do they insist on interviewing the poor devils the minute they get off the court, dripping sweat and exhausted? They ought to at least let them have a quick shower first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build up to Andy is cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they pointed it out every single time...

Ah yes I see the wedding ring! Wonder why he doesn't wear it on his finger. And I think I see the beginnings of a baby beard. Perhaps he's influenced by the Broady boy!
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Win or lose, I'm just happy to see Laura back on court and actually competing

Yeah, really good to see her back.

On another note, my organs and Rafa live to fight another day.:)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    Drama on match point, ball looked good, but Rodina has no challenges left.
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This build up to Andy is cringeworthy.

Are we going to have the misfortune of viewing this before every match and no doubt every rain delay?:(
This discussion has been closed.