Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I wonder how Djoko will handle it even hotter tomorrow.

don't forget you've got a busy day tomorrow:
    1. kidnap Garry Richardson and lock in cupboard
    2. have a go in The Egg and and become 25
    3. switch settings on The Egg once you've had your go.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel really bad for what's happening to Bouchard. Surely this partnership with Sumyk can't last much longer?

And now Halep is gone. Difficult to view her as the world #3 when she keeps flopping at slams.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    don't forget you've got a busy day tomorrow:
    1. kidnap Garry Richardson and lock in cupboard
    2. have a go in The Egg and and become 25
    3. switch settings on The Egg once you've had your go.

It's gonna be a busy day. Hope I have time to grab a Pimms. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's gonna be a busy day. Hope I have time to grab a Pimms. :D

oh yes must remain hydrated! :D
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    JJ currently embroiled in an epic. Not a happy bunny, this is cutting into her happy hour time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i don't know what to watch now

i plumped for Monfils but bloody john lloyd is there >:(>:(
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have moved Sabine's match from court 12 to court 16, why not put her on one of the show courts?:confused::o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did anyone just see that shot in the monfils match? it was like a magic trick

he returned serve and put this massive reverse spin on it so it bounced and spun back over the net before his opponent could get there.....

it was so good john lloyd laughed :o:o:o:o
    *faints*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesnina is in the wrong sport, with a grunt like she should be a Karate fighter.:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    did anyone just see that shot in the monfils match? it was like a magic trick

he returned serve and put this massive reverse spin on it so it bounced and spun back over the net before his opponent could get there.....

it was so good john lloyd laughed :o:o:o:o
    *faints*

Missed it. Hope it will be on the highlights show later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JJ wins 10-8 in the 3rd. :)
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 70,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simona seems to be struggling at the moment and Bouchard only God knows what's going on with her right now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Missed it. Hope it will be on the highlights show later.

they must have it as shot of the day! it was amazing
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wozniacki loses her first service game 0-1 , make that 0-2 now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok this Monfils match is superb recommend it some amazing shots in it!
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    It must take some fitness to play in this heat

Mention for the officials as well. Must be hard to concentrate when it's as hot as this

And they can't even move around. The umpire is stuck in his/her high chair and the linespersons have to stay static too. And I bet there'll be a lot of burnt shoulders and necks tonight among the spectators!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel really bad for what's happening to Bouchard. Surely this partnership with Sumyk can't last much longer?

And now Halep is gone. Difficult to view her as the world #3 when she keeps flopping at slams.

Halep will drop out of the top 5 after Wimbledon and Bouchard the top 20.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Siniakova down a double break in the first set, the tears can't be far away...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    someone is pumping nitrous oxide into the commentary box john lloyd is laughing constantly it's unnerving!
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Halep will drop out of the top 5 after Wimbledon and Bouchard the top 20.

I'm shocked at the Halep result, it was only a couple of months ago that she was fighting Maria for number 2. She is definitely in a slump, I hope she can improve soon.

I'm very happy about Rafa, all my organs still belong to me which is a bonus. I so want him to get to the quarters, I'm totally fine with Andy beating him then. Andy is my pick to win the whole thing so if Rafa's going to lose I want it to be to Andy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I'm shocked at the Halep result, it was only a couple of months ago that she was fighting Maria for number 2. She is definitely in a slump, I hope she can improve soon.

I'm very happy about Rafa, all my organs still belong to me which is a bonus. I so want him to get to the quarters, I'm totally fine with Andy beating him then. Andy is my pick to win the whole thing so if Rafa's going to lose I want it to be to Andy.

Agreed.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Phew what a scorcher.

Just got back from a day on Court 3. Missed the Bouchard match cause I needed some shade. Glad I didn't queue. Met one woman who'd joined at 5am to get Show Court tickets and didn't get them.

People were still joining at 10am despite being told there was a 7 hour wait. Rather them than me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabine Lisicki takes the first set 7-5:). But, boy its nerve racking:(.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised there aren't more pages of comments to read through today!
    This build up to Andy is cringeworthy.
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Are we going to have the misfortune of viewing this before every match and no doubt every rain delay?:(

Totally cingeworthy. They just kept one channel on centre the whole time even the bits where players hadn't come on yet when there were really exciting matches going on elsewhere. At one point I switched on to see some slow-mo black and white shots of Andy Murray and quickly turned over. I can understand the story videos for a semi or final but I really hope they don't do this for every Murray match. They should just switch to another live match until they are on court at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Phew what a scorcher.

Just got back from a day on Court 3. Missed the Bouchard match cause I needed some shade. Glad I didn't queue. Met one woman who'd joined at 5am to get Show Court tickets and didn't get them.

People were still joining at 10am despite being told there was a 7 hour wait. Rather them than me.

That is crazy. They will be dead with heat exhaustion by the time they get in.
This discussion has been closed.