Options

Government want to abolish ESA WRAG

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    OT: Housing benefit 'savings considered by ministers'

"Ministers are considering forcing all housing benefit recipients to contribute towards their rent as part of efforts to save £12bn from the welfare bill, government sources say.

Housing benefit currently covers the full cost of rent.

The chancellor is also understood to be pushing for the cap on all benefits to be lowered from £26,000 to £20,000 outside London and south-east England.

It was previously announced the cap would be cut to £23,000 across the UK."

"If, for instance, ministers made claimants pay 10%, they would have to find about £9.30 a week to ensure their rent is paid in full.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has calculated that this would save £2.5bn if applied to both the social and private rental sector." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33353318

What next? :(

a cull.

what a bunch of w4nkers, how you going to squeeze rent money if you`re on jsa and you have a £7 bus fare to get in to sign on and go for interviews? [like a village behind me]

someone needs to stop them.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they can't be stopped. they've got free reign to wage war on the poor and disabled for the next 5 years.

i honestly think if they thought they could get away with it, or spin it somehow, they really would re-introduce work houses and they'd make it compulsory as well.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they can't be stopped. they've got free reign to wage war on the poor and disabled for the next 5 years.

i honestly think if they thought they could get away with it, or spin it somehow, they really would re-introduce work houses and they'd make it compulsory as well.

The current Conservatives are even worse than Thatcher was, and that's saying something. Cameron and his party will be remembered in years to come as the party who launched an attack on the disabled. Cameron just doesn't seem to realise what image he's creating for his party.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The current Conservatives are even worse than Thatcher was, and that's saying something. Cameron and his party will be remembered in years to come as the party who launched an attack on the disabled. Cameron just doesn't seem to realise what image he's creating for his party.

I doubt he cares.
  • Options
    Forum Member

i know, that was rhetorical. they`re frikkin unbelievable.
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time too.

Should you automatically be better off if you are sicker than the person living next door?

Prepare for real austerity - you have overspent, England!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Ministers are considering forcing all housing benefit recipients to contribute towards their rent as part of efforts to save £12bn from the welfare bill, government sources say.

The chancellor is also understood to be pushing for the cap on all benefits to be lowered from £26,000 to £20,000 outside London and south-east England.

"If, for instance, ministers made claimants pay 10%, they would have to find about £9.30 a week to ensure their rent is paid in full.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has calculated that this would save £2.5bn if applied to both the social and private rental sector." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33353318

I know, asking people to contribute!

The cheek!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he cares.

No, the pig probably doesn't. He's an a***hole.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a cull.

what a bunch of w4nkers, how you going to squeeze rent money if you`re on jsa and you have a £7 bus fare to get in to sign on and go for interviews? [like a village behind me]

My aunt is going to suffer greatly if her ESA is cut and her housing benefit she has muscle wasting disease. I can't believe the country voted for this again.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My aunt is going to suffer greatly if her ESA is cut and her housing benefit she has muscle wasting disease. I can't believe the country voted for this again.:(

There's a whole lot more who voted Conservative than Labour - accept democracy.

Embrace it.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone's angling for a bite...
  • Options
    Forum Member

i know, this is funding their 10% pay rise. i don`t know how they sleep at nights.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    i know, that was rhetorical. they`re frikkin unbelievable.

oh i know it was rhetorical, i was agreeing with you in kind :)

as zx has said, they're far worse than Thatcher's lot but I actually think Cameron won't be held to the same level of hatred as Thatcher was because it's "only" the sick and disabled who are being targeted.

He wouldn't dare take on the unions.
    shaddler wrote: »

Please discuss ..
  • Options
    Forum Member

don`t feed it it never has anything constructive to post, it`s just spiteful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the cheeky bugger who made this thread - the government is doing the bidding of those who voted for them - people have wanted a reduction in benefits for years and everybody posting on here knows that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like a moth to a flame. Best ignore it ;-)
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I should know better :p

How is someone on JSA supposed to afford that? Do the Conservatives have any clue at all what life is like for some people? Seems not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a cull.

Just been watching these videos http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30896695 Absolutely disgusting, makes me so bloody angry >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I should know better :p

How is someone on JSA supposed to afford that? Do the Conservatives have any clue at all what life is like for some people? Seems not.

£9.30 per week, as given in the example, could literally mean the difference of food on the table or not for some.

I know someone on JSA at the moment (through no fault of her own) and I worry how she will manage if this becomes a reality. As it is a group of us muck in and help out as best we can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just been watching these videos http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30896695 Absolutely disgusting, makes me so bloody angry >:(

what are they? [bit sensitive to triggers just now].
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what are they? [bit sensitive to triggers just now].

Sorry I should have mentioned.... people having trouble getting the help they need due to age / ill health etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry I should have mentioned.... people having trouble getting the help they need due to age / ill health etc.

i`ll save those for later :) thank you francie.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member

That means that those people who downsized because of bedroom tax will now have to pay something! They wasted their time and money moving
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That means that those people who downsized because of bedroom tax will now have to pay something! They wasted their time and money moving

I know it's an utter disgrace. I just hope Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP tell them to F-OFF & don't implement it up here.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I know it's an utter disgrace. I just hope Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP tell them to F-OFF & don't implement it up here.

I'm pleased we didn't bother moving!