Options

Luton family of 12 confirm they have joined IS in Syria

trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149190/All-12-Islamic-State-Luton-family-release-statement-confirming-Syria.html

I grew up in Luton and despite its reputation in recent years, generally people in the town get on. I find this story sad for many reasons, but I was alarmed by the picture - the younger family members all smiling and happy, the grandparents not so much. I feel they are perhaps there against their will. The statement released by the family:
We release this statement to confirm that, indeed we are in the Islamic State.
A land that is free from the corruption and oppression of man made law and is governed by the shariah, the perfect and just laws of Allah subhanAllah wa Ta'la.
All 12 of us and why should this number be shocking, when there are thousands and thousands of Muslims from all corners of the world that are crossing over land and sea everyday to come to the Islamic State?
That are willingly leaving the so called freedom and democracy that was forced down our throat in the attempt to brainwash Muslims to forget about their powerful and glorious past and now present.
Or is it shocking that those attempts have clearly failed? That regardless of being born and bred in the west, the epitome of democracy, our Islam was not washed away? And despite the totalitarian rules that are in place, Muslims are still awaking to their obligations?
Don't be shocked when we say that none of us were forced against our will. In fact it is outrageous to think that an entire family could be kidnapped and made to migrate like this. It wasn't by the command of a single person in the family but by the command of the Khalifah of the Muslims.
Who has called all Muslims, whether young or old, single or in families, to make hijrah to the state of Islam. A land that has established the Shariah, in which a Muslim doesn't feel oppression when practising their religion.
In which a parent doesn't feel the worry of losing their child to the immorality of society. In which the sick and elderly do not wait in agony, tolerating the partiality of race or social class.
Alhamdulillah for the establishment of the Khilafah.
We say to those that are concerned for our safety to put your hearts at rest for we feel safer than we have ever felt before.
We call all Muslims, to rush to the command of your khalif. Race to your state. Race to what will give you honour in this life and the hereafter. Hasten to the obedience of Allah.
Do not fear losing the life you built for yourselves by making hijrah but fear losing your Imaan and Islam whilst residing in darul kufr and not making hijrah.
We pray Allah saves from such a fate and guides us all to be obedient to His commands. Ameen.
The Mannan Family in the Islamic State

Comments

• Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the photographs are from before they left.

That statement is quite something. I'm glad they have gone and I hope that they never come back.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complains about Britain being totalitarian then moves to Syria. Not the smartest man on the planet.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen the photo. They do not look like a hardened band of warriors.

If they want to like I a country they think is 'free of man-made laws' good for them.

I hope it's everything they hope it is.... I suspect it's not.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "nothing to do with Islam" brigade will have a hard time explaining this one. Funnily enough their statement does not mention the child rape that IS do, the fact that their warriors have be round to be high on cocaine and what happens to Shia.

This should also show that if people want to go no attempt should be made to rescue them or brung them back.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good riddance and don't come back.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under Soul wrote: »
    The "nothing to do with Islam" brigade will have a hard time explaining this one. Funnily enough their statement does not mention the child rape that IS do, the fact that their warriors have be round to be high on cocaine and what happens to Shia.

This should also show that if people want to go no attempt should be made to rescue them or brung them back.

Hard?

More like impossible.

What statement that really is - repugnant, deluded and laughable all at the same time.

But it does sum up religious fanaticism in a nutshell.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    Can't be the cleverest of families leaving a 1st world country with free health care to go and live under a dictatorship in squalor. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they have basically emigrated good luck to them, they obviously no longer have need of their citizenship of the UK so let's revoke their passports
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have been awful for them having all that ' freedom and democracy shoved down their throat.'

My heart bleeds for them.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swipe wrote: »
    Can't be the cleverest of families leaving a 1st world country with free health care to go and live under a dictatorship in squalor. Good luck to them.

With hopefully time to meet Allah earlier with a nice Kurdish assault or US bombing in Raqqa in the near future.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shock. We didn't see it coming. They were a normal family. They must have been groomed. The community is devastated. etc etc.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Yes, glad to see the back of them. Let's hope this is just the beginning of a big exodus to the land of the free and plenty. I would willingly contribute funds to encourage more to go and free up our over-taxed services here.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sod the adults its their choice and they will have to live with it, its the little kids I feel for they had no say in the matter..
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Sod the adults its their choice and they will have to live with it, its the little kids I feel for they had no say in the matter..

Yep.... Poor little buggers.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread lock on the way. Thou shalt not talk about Islam on DS. Stand by.....

• Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Good riddance and don't come back.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Let's hope we don't let them back here in a few months .
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who really thinks they wrote that statement themselves
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread lock on the way. Thou shalt not talk about Islam on DS. Stand by.....

I hope this thread isn't removed. I think it's important to see what drives these people to make such unbelievably stupid decisions.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    I hope this thread isn't removed. I think it's important to see what drives these people to make such unbelievably stupid decisions.

Thread about exactly the same story was locked the other day before it got to two pages.
  • Options
    XIRONSXXIRONSX Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Thank god they let us know - have been worrying myself stupid if they were safe or not ;-)
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they enjoy their new life.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Must have been awful for them having all that ' freedom and democracy shoved down their throat.'

My heart bleeds for them.

They must have been really pissed at all those "man made laws" here that prevented them from murdering unbelievers and blasphemers. What a wonderful time they're going to have.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,528
    Forum Member
    Are they bleating on about social and racial partiality, when the sole remit of ISIS is to murder those who don't believe letter and verse in their bonkers religious rhetoric?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Praise be ..... I can get a good nights sleep tonight not having to worry about them. :D:D