Options

What's going to happen to Greece

Comments

• Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Everyone in Europe should just donate three quid and be done with it.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Everyone in Europe should just donate three quid and be done with it.

Err no.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Err no.

The problem with Greece is-it just keeps on taking.It doesn't learn from it's mistakes.They have the wrong mindset.They know their politicians are fools.Yet they don't seem to care.
    As someone said earlier.They are an EU basketcase.The Germans have every right to be pissed off with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Err no.

Woah, brilliantly persuasive argument...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, brilliantly persuasive argument...

Are people going to help us pay our national debt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are people going to help us pay our national debt?

People like you aren't :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    The problem with Greece is-it just keeps on taking.It doesn't learn from it's mistakes.They have the wrong mindset.They know their politicians are fools.Yet they don't seem to care.
    As someone said earlier.They are an EU basketcase.The Germans have every right to be pissed off with them.

I have zero sympathy with the Germans. They let Greece into the Eurozone knowing full well they along with Goldman Sachs cooked the books. It's now blown up in their faces and deservedly so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like you aren't :p

Serious question through. Why should we bail out another country and clear their debts completely which is what a 3 Euro donation per person would do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Serious question through. Why should we bail out another country and clear their debts completely which is what a 3 Euro donation per person would do?

Yeah, a barely noticeable amount to the vast majority of people, and it'd save a lot of trouble in the Eurozone and help us out in the long run since we are partially dependant on the rest of Europe.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have zero sympathy with the Germans. They let Greece into the Eurozone knowing full well they along with Goldman Sachs cooked the books. It's now blown up in their faces and deservedly so.

Good point.But there's a big question mark over how much the Germans knew about how much subterfuge was going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a barely noticeable amount to the vast majority of people, and it'd save a lot of trouble in the Eurozone and help us out in the long run since we are partially dependant on the rest of Europe.

I am not sure you understand what you're proposing? You want us to clear a country's national debt in total so that they owe zero? That is what three Euros a piece would do. Why should that happen to Greece? What's special about them that they deserve total debt clearance? Even third world countries have debts. Our national debt is £1.5tn. Who's going to pay that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Good point.But there's a big question mark over how much the Germans knew about how much subterfuge was going on behind the scenes.

They knew it all. So desperate were they to create their euro dream (nightmare) they let Greece in anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not sure you understand what you're proposing? You want us to clear a country's national debt in total so that they owe zero? That is what three Euros a piece would do. Why should that happen to Greece? What's special about them that they deserve total debt clearance? Even third world countries have debts.

Wow, you're super patronising aren't you?

No need for the question mark btw, makes it look like you doubt your own assertion.

Ok, I'm kind of patronising too...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you're super patronising aren't you?

No need for the question mark btw, makes it look like you doubt your own assertion.

Ok, I'm kind of patronising too...

You haven't answered the question. Nice deflection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You haven't answered the question. Nice deflection.

I already said though. People like you don't listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already said though. People like you don't listen.

No you haven't said. I'll ask again, although I probably won't get a proper answer. What is special about Greece that they deserve a total write off of their national debt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No you haven't said. I'll ask again, although I probably won't get a proper answer. What is special about Greece that they deserve a total write off of their national debt?

You really want to hold on to your three quid eh? :D

I never said they were 'special', I said it'd save a lot of trouble.

Maybe you should learn to read peoples posts better before you put words in their mouth? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really want to hold on to your three quid eh? :D

I never said they were 'special', I said it'd save a lot of trouble.

Maybe you should learn to read peoples posts better before you put words in their mouth? ;-)

Your still not answering the question and deflecting. You're proposing that every citizen of the EU gives three Euros to Greece. This will be enough to clear their national debt in full. Why must Greece have its National debt cleared in full? It needs help and its debts restructured. But a total debt clearance is just bonkers. No other country gets that. Why should Greece. I state again, you don't understand the implication of what you are proposing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your still not answering the question and deflecting. You're proposing that every citizen of the EU gives three Euros to Greece. This will be enough to clear their national debt in full. Why must Greece have its National debt cleared in full? It needs help and its debts restructured. But a total debt clearance is just bonkers. No other country gets that. Why should Greece. I state again, you don't understand the implication of what you are proposing.

My post was evidently tongue in cheek, why am I not surprised you ds automatons would fail to see it?

I have to say though, I don’t think you’re adopting a very progressive stance here.

Maybe that comes with age and wisdom?

You'll get there...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My post was evidently tongue in cheek, why am I not surprised you ds automatons would fail to see it?

I have to say though, I don’t think you’re adopting a very progressive stance here.

Maybe that comes with age and wisdom?

You'll get there...

Lol. You're fantastic at deflection by the way. You can't answer the question so you make out it was my fault for not understanding it was a joke. Brilliant lol.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Asked
    Answered
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol. You're fantastic at deflection by the way. You can't answer the question so you make out it was my fault for not understanding it was a joke. Brilliant lol.

I know I am... trouble with ds is people don't read your posts, they just highlight one word and take everything from that, so thanks for the compliment. I mean I do get into long all night arguments with people who can actually read, and I'm not saying I like them, and evidently I disagree with them, but they can at least read...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Asked

Answered

Er no. The question was why should Greece have a total write off of their national debt? They need help paying it with a restructure. There is no reason they deserve a total write off. Otherwise we should all have one. So no, the question was not answered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Er no. The question was why should Greece have a total write off of their national debt? They need help paying it with a restructure. There is no reason they deserve a total write off. Otherwise we should all have one. So no, the question was not answered.

And I gave you an answer, which you then pretended didn't exist, just because you didn't agree with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I gave you an answer, which you then pretended didn't exist, just because you didn't agree with it.

You didn't. You've provided no adequate explanation as to why Greece deserves to have all its debts extinguished ahead of countries in Africa and Asia where the people have nothing but the countries still have to borrow money?

What about the UK? We have a national debt of £1.5tn. Who's paying that back?