Options

War On The Dancefloor (Series 4) - Show Five

Comments

• Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,918
    Forum Member
    My Disco is very much an exercise in "...what the f*** can I do with these 4 counts... or this section here?" - I might've gotten a bit creative. :D
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry guys, you're perfectly safe :D both of my dances are just awful, not my finest hour whatsoever. I nearly always leave on Fusion week so I'm going for 'how low a score can I get?' :p
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Right... the way things are going at this point, I may have to unfortunately cancel the rest of this series, as now Callum (doctorwhofancal) & Aliona have also decided to withdraw from the competition. :( As I've said many, many times now (:p), I completely understand that you have too much other stuff to focus on right now, and if you feel that your participation in this game would interfere with your personal life, then that is fine. :) Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Callum (doctorwhofancal) & Aliona. :)

The problem now is that I'm not really sure as to what to do now - the way I see things, I've got two choices: I could either have yet another week where nobody is eliminated, which would probably make life a bit boring for everyone, or I could shorten the series by one week and make this round the semi-final, which would mean that a whole round worth of plans would be scrapped. :( Any advice would be very much appreciated. :D
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry! You've put so much effort into this series.

What I'd suggest is that you perhaps merge the semi-final round ideas with the final? :)

(Sorry to see Callum go too.)
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big shame. :( Very sad to see Callum go, he was getting better every week. :(

And Jamie - what can I say? :( I'd have the next round just be no elimination, as it'd be a shame to lose a round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o:o:o

Firstly, really sorry to see you go Callum, but I totally understand that real life comes first.

Secondly, Jamie - I don't think Amy, Myk, or I would mind a few weeks sans elimination, or you could have a HUGE FINAL, with semi-final and final in one huge Ultra Final. :D
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    ...I'm starting to feel really glad I didn't withdraw as I was going to, partly because I've really enjoyed the rounds since I considered it, and partly because life would've been made so much harder for Jamie. I'm sorry Callum decided to withdraw. :(

I'm more than happy to have another week without elimination - but I'd also be happy to have an Ultra Final (because it'd mean me reaching the final of a DS game without hiding behind Kelly Clarkson :p). Whatever you decide to do will be fine with me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. :D I think what I'll probably just do is have no elimination again this week, and have the semi-final elimination decided by a three round build-up of votes, which should be unpredictable, if nothing else. :p

All routines will be sent to the judges shortly. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you for the advice. :D I think what I'll probably just do is have no elimination again this week, and have the semi-final elimination decided by a three round build-up of votes, which should be unpredictable, if nothing else. :p

Oh Jesus... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My chart for this series has lots of grey, very few numbers... :o

rvc592.png
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry that I had to withdraw from the competition, it's just at the moment, my main focuses are school and family life. I hope you all understand and good luck to everyone in the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry that I had to withdraw from the competition, it's just at the moment, my main focuses are school and family life. I hope you all understand and good luck to everyone in the series.

100% right decision, hope all goes well with both. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could have understood if you'd said that a few weeks ago, but surely you've only got a week or so left!?

Anyway, it's a shame to see you go and I hope you have a nice summer holidays. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I could have understood if you'd said that a few weeks ago, but surely you've only got a week or so left!?

Anyway, it's a shame to see you go and I hope you have a nice summer holidays. :)

I have to finish all my coursework this week with things to finish off as the week after is my work experience week. If I don't finish my coursework for year 10 now, I'll have even more in year 11
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to finish all my coursework this week with things to finish off as the week after is my work experience week. If I don't finish my coursework for year 10 now, I'll have even more in year 11

*shivers violently at the memory of Year 10 coursework*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No winding down for the last few weeks for you then! Even my 'grades-at-cost-of-human-life' school managed to tuck work experience early into year ten and laid off the coursework in the lead up to summer. All the very best with it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    No winding down for the last few weeks for you then! Even my 'grades-at-cost-of-human-life' school managed to tuck work experience early into year ten and laid off the coursework in the lead up to summer. All the very best with it. :D

Yeah not the same for me, I have my media studies, drama, geography and English literature coursework to complete all this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't tell whether this insight to Callum's life is giving me nostalgia or anxiety. :o

God, I remember my work experience, I didn't arrange anything myself so my school sent me to work at the fish/garden supply shop they sent all the delinquents to; 6 years later I still have the owner, his wife, and his mother-in-law (?) on FB, and regularly pop in. :D They were expecting the latest in a long line of druggies, yobs, and thieves, and instead they got a 5' 3" rake with buckteeth, a penchant for using long words, and a sense of politeness so strong it was practically a complex. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Of course we all understand, Callum, and good luck with your coursework as well (#cantwaitformycourseworktostartnextyear :D). :)
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I can't tell whether this insight to Callum's life is giving me nostalgia or anxiety. :o

God, I remember my work experience, I didn't arrange anything myself so my school sent me to work at the fish/garden supply shop they sent all the delinquents to; 6 years later I still have the owner, his wife, and his mother-in-law (?) on FB, and regularly pop in. :D They were expecting the latest in a long line of druggies, yobs, and thieves, and instead they got a 5' 3" rake with buckteeth, a penchant for using long words, and a sense of politeness so strong it was practically a complex. :blush:

Aww Ross, were you only Harry Potter size? :p

I remember my work exp being at a library, and I was quite bored as I hardly ever had anything to do (although with my job now, that would be bliss for me). Never been back there!

Still, I think my job is pretty hard, and you couldn't send anyone for work experience for it (you can probably guess what I do :D ). It's that stressful, that I'm not sure how much longer I can realistically do it for, plus it's made me cry on about 4 occasions in the space of 6 weeks :cry:

Anyway, sorry to see you go Callum :( although I must admit that I'm glad this week is a non-elimination one as my dances are awful. I seriously need to study Fusions a bit more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww Ross, were you only Harry Potter size? :p

*googles Daniel Radcliffe's height*

I am now 1cm taller than him! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew, I can't send you the PM with the Disco Marathon details because you've apparently changed your account settings so you cannot receive any PM's. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »

Straight from the pages of an Enid Blyton novel. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as you get to grips with the terminology of Strictly, you're suddenly chucked in at the deep end with Disco. :D

Thanks to the mentors for their demo links!
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,293
    Administrator
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Andrew, I can't send you the PM with the Disco Marathon details because you've apparently changed your account settings so you cannot receive any PM's. :confused:

Hi, DingDong08 and other thread participants. Andrew has unfortunately been temporary banned for a couple days and won't be able to respond through the forums. He asked we come and inform you of this to avoid confusion.