Options

The Beckham family celebrate 16 years of marriage and children....

Comments

• Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Trust me they are not that good actors to fake it for 16 years in the public eye.

Ha ha, true. Whatever keeps them together is working very well.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Well I like them.

I doubt their relationship is the perfect image they like us to see but what long term relationship is? Yes, they've had some real ups and downs over the years but so does any couple with almost 2 decades under their belt.
    I think they've moved on from his indiscretions and reached a place that suits them

I like them too and I've never understood all the hatred directed towards Victoria. I can't see what she's done to deserve it.

It can't be easy keeping a happy relationship with their busy careers and under the limelight they're constantly under but despite that, they've produced 4 healthy, seemingly grounded children. Well done to them, I say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I like them too and I've never understood all the hatred directed towards Victoria. I can't see what she's done to deserve it.

It can't be easy keeping a happy relationship with their busy careers and under the limelight they're constantly under but despite that, they've produced 4 healthy, seemingly grounded children. Well done to them, I say.

He is unlikely to leave with all those kids. Yes I agree. Brooklyn Beckham seems a very nice, normal, young man.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of celeb marriages that have lasted longer.

Both totally legit ones, but also ones that are total lies where they stayed together out of momentum, for image, for the kids, or who knows why.

I mean Michael Douglas And Catherine Zeta-Jones? Your guess is as good as mine. All we know is that ol' Mikey loves oral sex, and he hopefully meant on/from Catherine.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rumours extend to more than just one affair. I must admit they seem to be putting on a more united front these days but there was a time a while back they were rarely in the same continent at the same time. And, although the Victoria smile thing has been done to death, you rarely see DB smile if its just the two of them.

I've heard far too many rumours about affairs too going back to his time as a Manchester United player.

Even as a Beckham and a Utd fan I don't buy it all either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've heard far too many rumours about affairs too going back to his time as a Manchester United player.

Even as a Beckham and a Utd fan I don't buy it all either.

What rumors?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Men wrote: »
    What rumors?

That he has a bit of a wandering eye.

I ve heard things about him since they came back to London from various sources within that area. Look it is all rumour and tbh I have a lot of time for Beckham as a Utd fan but his wife always looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    May I ask what the ALLEGD rumors are?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marriages can recover from an infidelity or infidelities and become stronger. It looks like rumors and even likely an infidelity has not broken them up. They are staying together and for a long time. So good for them.

Their children are like other celebrity children: using their parents' fame to make a name for themselves and snagging modeling jobs. They might not have their father's football talent but his looks to continue making money modeling. Or maybe they will have their mother's talent for reinvention, business acumen, and brand marketing.

Regardless, congratulations to them for making 16 years happily or unhappily.

Sidenote: the poor man's Beckhams, the Redknapps, celebrated 15 years of marriage recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The media would have caught him by now it he was cheating. Brooklyn has future playboy written all over him.
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media would have caught him by now it he was cheating. Brooklyn has future playboy written all over him.

Oh come off it, there have been rumours for years and years - including of superinjunctions and multiple payouts. Here's just one set of rumours, from the usual tittle-tattle type mag.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Beckhams-3671.html

Sure, it might be rubbish but the rumours never really seem to go away - I always figured his infidelities were a kind of an open secret - but at the same time, I do think how they choose to arrange their own marriage is up to them.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,063
    Forum Member
    And the reality is they only stay together for the brand, a couple as miserable and unhappy as them would have parted years ago if money was not involved, they are not convincing at playing happy families.

Posted by Erasmus Sleeps

I really do not get this years and years of harping on about the "brand". There were are still are incredibly successful as individuals. If they decided to separate at any point, they would continue to be just as successful. Neither one needs the other to help their career. What a laugh.
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I really do not get this years and years of harping on about the "brand". There were are still are incredibly successful as individuals. If they decided to separate at any point, they would continue to be just as successful. Neither one needs the other to help their career. What a laugh.

I think they would be equally successful individually now, but a few years ago I reckon without their pushing the "brand" thing (wasn't this Posh's idea?) they'd just have faded into obscurity as just another ex-pop singer and just another ex footballer. They've been incredibly successful at remarketing themselves.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Trust me they are not that good actors to fake it for 16 years in the public eye.
    I agree, they're not good actors. That's why the 'happy marriage' image is so unconvincing.

There's quite a difference between the photos from when they first got together, where they looked happy, relaxed and in love and photos from the last few years, where she is usually clinging to him with a possessive glare and he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

I think they stay together for the kids, and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I don't believe they are as happily married as they'd like us to believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May I ask what the ALLEGD rumors are?

That he is having a bit of extra marital whatsit.

Obviously I don't know names and dates but like I have said it is all rumours.

Could be malicious gossip or that he is a bit of a player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That he is having a bit of extra marital whatsit.

Obviously I don't know names and dates but like I have said it is all rumours.

Could be malicious gossip or that he is a bit of a player.

Has she ever cheated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does she eat a healthly diet now? All the kids are skinny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she ever cheated?

Now that would be a turn up for the books if she was.

My take from it all is that she puts up with his indiscretions. Maybe she's more into him than he is into her. It could be a price to pay for them to stay together. I think they do love each other it's just that he can't help straying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What rumors though?

You and your mates at the pub gossipping?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What rumors though?

You and your mates at the pub gossipping?

Does it matter? It may have come from someone who knows someone in the know, the internet, or personal observation and supposition.It is just gossip which we are invited to indulge in in the remit of Showbiz. Sometimes stuff turns out to be true, sometimes not and sometimes it just fades away. It's just a bit of harmless fun monitored by DS who are pretty keen to remove anything slanderous and ban or suspend offenders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it matter? It may have come from someone who knows someone in the know, the internet, or personal observation and supposition.It is just gossip which we are invited to indulge in in the remit of Showbiz. Sometimes stuff turns out to be true, sometimes not and sometimes it just fades away. It's just a bit of harmless fun monitored by DS who are pretty keen to remove anything slanderous and ban or suspend offenders.

Yes.

It sounds like a personal opinion being made to be bigger than it is.

Its easy to answer if true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.

It sounds like a personal opinion being made to be bigger than it is.

Its easy to answer if true.

But it's rumours or gossip, not facts. Facts have evidence and can be proven,
  • Options
    Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    They come across to me as a happy couple. I don't know whether there have been affairs or not and frankly, I don't care. It's none of my business.

What I do know is that as a young girl I loved the Spice Girls, so Victoria has a place in my heart from that time of my life. Girl Power still rules...!! Yaaaayyy...!!

I know that David Beckham was a good footballer who, after one stupid indiscretion in the world cup in 1998, matured before our very eyes to become a fine captain of England.

I know that they are still together, have four lovely children who seem to be well adjusted, normal, healthy youngsters who haven't (publicly at least) fallen prey to any of the standard vices of such offspring.

I know that David Beckham, for all his faults and in the face of all the taunts and cheap jibes poked at him, has been a good provider for his family, a devoted father to their children and a fine sporting ambassador for England and Great Britain.

Congratulations to them on the longevity of their marriage. I hope they have many, many more years together and achieve what we all set out to do on our wedding day......

Grow old with each other.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    I agree, they're not good actors. That's why the 'happy marriage' image is so unconvincing.

There's quite a difference between the photos from when they first got together, where they looked happy, relaxed and in love and photos from the last few years, where she is usually clinging to him with a possessive glare and he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

I think they stay together for the kids, and there's nothing wrong with that. But, I don't believe they are as happily married as they'd like us to believe.

Absolutely spot on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They come across to me as a happy couple. I don't know whether there have been affairs or not and frankly, I don't care. It's none of my business.

What I do know is that as a young girl I loved the Spice Girls, so Victoria has a place in my heart from that time of my life. Girl Power still rules...!! Yaaaayyy...!!

I know that David Beckham was a good footballer who, after one stupid indiscretion in the world cup in 1998, matured before our very eyes to become a fine captain of England.

I know that they are still together, have four lovely children who seem to be well adjusted, normal, healthy youngsters who haven't (publicly at least) fallen prey to any of the standard vices of such offspring.

I know that David Beckham, for all his faults and in the face of all the taunts and cheap jibes poked at him, has been a good provider for his family, a devoted father to their children and a fine sporting ambassador for England and Great Britain.

Congratulations to them on the longevity of their marriage. I hope they have many, many more years together and achieve what we all set out to do on our wedding day......

Grow old with each other.

What a beautiful post.