Options

Why is Nicks actions any different?

sward669sward669 Posts: 621
Forum Member
✭✭
Plenty of people are saying that Nick's true colours are showing and that he is a rat for paying his way to the final and in doing so nominating chloe..

However how is this any different to Joel, Danny, Christian who all sprinted to the buzzers to save themselves and put up another hm to be in the final? :confused:

does that make them rats and shows their true colours?

Im no Nick fan, but come on!!

Comments

• Options
    sward669sward669 Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bump :cool:
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    Why didn't he act then, during the button pushing thing, if his reason was to stay till the final? It looks like he didn't budge at all for immunity then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed he had the guts to do what he did, and then to not be totally apologetic and pathetic about it after him. Good for him, I wish jack had gotten involved and outbid him though.

Wasn't it a bit soon for a bump? One minute later lol.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. But there's always double standards when it comes to BB (not justifying it though - it's completely unfair). Take the Nick and Harry situation. First she is "playing him" and pretending to be interested and therefore getting abused for it. Then she's "bullying" him and is too hooked up on him and gets abuse for it. While Nick is seen as the victim despite not having the back bone to stand up for either Harry or Jade when the house turned against them. What goes around comes around.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sward669 wrote: »
    Why is Nicks actions any different?

Because the others weren't putting somebody up for eviction.

The others were selfish too, but not at Chloe's expense.
  • Options
    ArtistBaptistaArtistBaptista Posts: 7,441
    Forum Member
    They had to do the buzzer thing because the prize money was falling down, Nick didn't have to bid for immunity.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    It's no different.

He's just lazy and would rather spend 5 grand to do it sitting down.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    They had to do the buzzer thing because the prize money was falling down, Nick didn't have to bid for immunity.

They were all bidding for immunity, as well, and Nick stood perfectly still.
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed he had the guts to do what he did, and then to not be totally apologetic and pathetic about it after him. Good for him, I wish jack had gotten involved and outbid him though.

I'm sorry, but I must be missing something here. In what universe is it admirable and praiseworthy to be a ruthless backstabber and not be ashamed about it? And btw he DID go to Choe later hoping she wouldn't mind and it would all be OK. A sneaky, selfish little **** and totally lacking in backbone.
  • Options
    Armour Hot DogsArmour Hot Dogs Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    JVS wrote: »

That's exactly what they were doing, saving themselves while nominating someone else. But sure as long as it wasn't Chloe they were going to nominate, everythings fine.
  • Options
    Armour Hot DogsArmour Hot Dogs Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Fair play to Nick, he's been completely gutless in there for the most part but has said all along that he is a BB fan and the experience means more to him than the money. So when it came time to sticking to what he has been saying all along I expected him to cop-out but he didn't.
  • Options
    Bunny-GirlBunny-Girl Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Nick wasn't a pussy & played the game he knew he had one last chance to guarantee a place in the final & he went for it the others were just scared they all really wanted to be in the final but were too scared of upsetting "poor little chloe". I do think Nick thought the others would have put some sort of figure down that's why he put down 5 grand if he definitely thought the others would wimp out he could have won just by putting a penny down
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently none of them (except Jack) are bothered about the money so they could all have taken the moral high ground and just left the cash drop away.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    They did put someone up for eviction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I must be missing something here. In what universe is it admirable and praiseworthy to be a ruthless backstabber and not be ashamed about it? And btw he DID go to Choe later hoping she wouldn't mind and it would all be OK. A sneaky, selfish little **** and totally lacking in backbone.

I don't see how playing the game at hand and swapping himself for nomination with someone he's not even that close with makes him a ruthless backstabber? Screw Chloe, he wanted to get to the final and he made sure he did. I was proud of him.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sward669 wrote: »
    Plenty of people are saying that Nick's true colours are showing and that he is a rat for paying his way to the final and in doing so nominating chloe..

However how is this any different to Joel, Danny, Christian who all sprinted to the buzzers to save themselves and put up another hm to be in the final? :confused:

does that make them rats and shows their true colours?

Im no Nick fan, but come on!!

They all took an opportunity offered to get themselves to the final at the expense of others. Fair play imho. Its a game.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they did. Joel put Sam up Danny put Harry up and Cristian put nick up
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, a different situation. Don't like what Nick did and agree with what Harry said about it. It's not the worse thing anyone's done, of course, but I didn't like it. And I don't understand all this 'true colours' thing about Chloe. I guess she's a threat to whoever the Marc supporters have turned to.
  • Options
    newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ERM they did.... they hit the button to SAVE themselves.. and NOMINATE another housemate, therefore they are immune and in the final....... Its actually the same thing!
    dialectic wrote: »
    They were all bidding for immunity, as well, and Nick stood perfectly still.

like he had a chance in hell of hitting that button with danny / Cristian / whoever else hit it, I cant rem lol Its OK for THEM to be immune and nominate but no one else!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I don't see how playing the game at hand and swapping himself for nomination with someone he's not even that close with makes him a ruthless backstabber? Screw Chloe, he wanted to get to the final and he made sure he did. I was proud of him.

Me too. But then I was fine with what Joel did (but not the lying bit) and would have loved Jack to have gone ahead with his bid. I also hope they tucked in to the food last night. All the others care about is looking good in the eyes of the public and how much money they think they're walking away with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick said he wasn't interested in the money, he wasn't, he didn't go for the buzzer to stop the money going down or to put anyone up for eviction. Nick has said all the way through that he's only interested in reaching the final, he made sure that he did, can't see anything wrong with that myself. Don't particularly like the bloke because he's used Harry just as much as she's used him (although he's a lot sneakier about it) but can't see anything in what he did in the tasks as anything other than what he's said all along.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^It seems odd then that he didn't attempt to get immunity originally if he is so bothered about getting to the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All he's done is play the game, this is no different to nominations, she's formed a pact with others to dodge it, he made a pact with himself to dodge it.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    ^It seems odd then that he didn't attempt to get immunity originally if he is so bothered about getting to the final.

There was always a chance then that he wouldn't be nominated. Once he was and was given a chance to reverse it he took it.
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it! It's a game, they've all been kicking off about nominations left right and centre this series, Chloe being one of the worst culprits (along with Jack) - I like that Nick is playing the game, they're all a bit too settled in their "lets all be best mates" mindset at the moment and I like that Nick went against the grain.