Options

Mother of eight Marie Buchan 'The benefits cap will make me homeless':

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Well you way of thinking means that people on ESA support group which is the group who are not expected to look for work, or have any dealing with the job centre, should not get ESA if they are already getting PIP.

no I am saying that the pip is there for the fact they have cancer and to pay for the extra things/support they may need (along with a social services care package if required) so those on esa should get the same amount as any other jobseeker, they are already being recompensed in other ways for their illness.

they should still get the esa at jsa level to help prepare and give them support to help them back into work.

however they should not get a higher rate of jsa because they have been ill, they get a seperate benefit for that.

I am saying that anyone looking for work should be helped and treated the same way in that the benefit they receive is the same. the esa is there to help and support them to prepare them to work, if that is never going to happen then they already get a jsa level of benefit and whatever else on top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I am 34, own my own home and car (wish i didnt bloody pain in the arse it is) and work full time.

I have no parents either

You just don't CARE. Only CARE what you have. You MUST have had parents at the beginning. Your Dad had his way with your mom. You were the result:(:(
    You just don't care or are trying to take the piss. I THINK You don't Care about anyone other then yourself.
    Either way just shows who you are:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    You just don't CARE. Only CARE what you have. You MUST have had parents at the beginning. Your Dad had his way with your mom. You were the result:(:(
    You just don't care or are trying to take the piss. I THINK You don't Care about anyone other then yourself.
    Either way just shows who you are:p

yes I had parents who both went to work and both owned their own businesses and provided for me and my siblings

Maybe I am selfish but I work and pay my taxes, to provide ME with a home to live in and food on the table, I earn a decent wage but after paying my mortgage, bills and my car every month there is not much left, i dont go on expensive foreign holidays, in fact I am not having a holiday this year and haven't been abroad since 2007, can't afford designer clothes and most certainly cannot afford £2,000 on xmas presents. I got nothing for xmas I couldn't afford to buy myself anything.

So, no I do not care for people who choose to pop out babies instead of working and expecting endless amounts of money from the government to pay for them to live in big houses, have foreign holidays, kids kitted out in designer clothes mothers buying designer handbags etc, why should I care?

Benefits should be there to support those in need but no one should get more in benefits per year than those that go out to work it is just wrong. there is no incentive to work and support your family if "benefits pay better"
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I would say anyone solely reliant on a state pension is far from comfortable.
    http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/state-pension-and-pension-credit-rate-how-much-can-you-get

I didn't claim they were; I was merely commenting on what the statistics really menat, in my opinion. Plus, unless I missed something, the statistics were about the total incomes of pensioners, not merely retirement pension. So the link is irrelevant, I'm afraid.
    Indeed, the average pensioner is now better off than the average worker. Bearing in mind most pensioners no longer financially support their children, that really adds up.

I think the rich pensioners should have some of their benefits cut, rather than taking all the benefits from our youth. .......................

Many of us have paid our mortgages off, as well. So what?

The bulk of my income is from two pensions:

state pension, paid for by contributions between the ages of 16 and 60. At the highest rate when the scheme moved from flat rate to a percentage.

civil service pension, based on notional contributions which meant that, when our pay was compared with those doing similar work in the private sector, we had 11% added to ours.

Which of those would you like to see cut? As far as I'm concerned, I've earned every penny.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    no I am saying that the pip is there for the fact they have cancer and to pay for the extra things/support they may need (along with a social services care package if required) so those on esa should get the same amount as any other jobseeker, they are already being recompensed in other ways for their illness.

they should still get the esa at jsa level to help prepare and give them support to help them back into work.

however they should not get a higher rate of jsa because they have been ill, they get a seperate benefit for that.

I am saying that anyone looking for work should be helped and treated the same way in that the benefit they receive is the same. the esa is there to help and support them to prepare them to work, if that is never going to happen then they already get a jsa level of benefit and whatever else on top.

JSA is meant to be a short term benefit while you find work, ESA is not a short term benefit, yes some people will get better and become fit to go to work others will not and thier condtion will get worse and will never return to work.That is why the rates of money are differant because JSA is classed as only short term help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes I had parents who both went to work and both owned their own businesses and provided for me and my siblings

Maybe I am selfish but I work and pay my taxes, to provide ME with a home to live in and food on the table, I earn a decent wage but after paying my mortgage, bills and my car every month there is not much left, i dont go on expensive foreign holidays, in fact I am not having a holiday this year and haven't been abroad since 2007, can't afford designer clothes and most certainly cannot afford £2,000 on xmas presents. I got nothing for xmas I couldn't afford to buy myself anything.

So, no I do not care for people who choose to pop out babies instead of working and expecting endless amounts of money from the government to pay for them to live in big houses, have foreign holidays, kids kitted out in designer clothes mothers buying designer handbags etc, why should I care?

Benefits should be there to support those in need but no one should get more in benefits per year than those that go out to work it is just wrong. there is no incentive to work and support your family if "benefits pay better"

You just don't care only for yourself. You have taken the Tory Line and there friends in the buy to let and those companys that are payed my tax payer's money to contine to test if a blind person can see every year. Just a waste of my money and the countrys. IDS has even had his tax payers criedt card stopped. His wife Betty is a Crook just like IDS. Do you remember Bettys Gate? The Tory's got rid of him?
    You really coud not make it up. It's TRUE they are CROOKS
    YOU just DO not CARE. That I know
    You don't CARE only for yourself
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, the average pensioner is now better off than the average worker. Bearing in mind most pensioners no longer financially support their children, that really adds up.

I think the rich pensioners should have some of their benefits cut, rather than taking all the benefits from our youth. I'm not asking for all pensioners to get their benefits reduced of course, but everybody else is taking cuts except the rich and the old.

This, as I have reiterated, is but one aspect that can be changed.

Apart from universal benefits which would cost too much to means test (yes it would before people argue ) Rich pensioners do not get benefits as they would have too higher an income to qualify - they do however pay TAX
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I didn't claim they were; I was merely commenting on what the statistics really menat, in my opinion. Plus, unless I missed something, the statistics were about the total incomes of pensioners, not merely retirement pension. So the link is irrelevant, I'm afraid.

Many of us have paid our mortgages off, as well. So what?

The bulk of my income is from two pensions:

state pension, paid for by contributions between the ages of 16 and 60. At the highest rate when the scheme moved from flat rate to a percentage.

civil service pension, based on notional contributions which meant that, when our pay was compared with those doing similar work in the private sector, we had 11% added to ours.

Which of those would you like to see cut? As far as I'm concerned, I've earned every penny.

I would like neither cut, agree you have earned every penny!
  • Options
    Forum Member

A reborn Tory without parents:) does not know anything, only cares for ME>:(
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reborn Tory without parents:) does not know anything, only cares for ME>:(

You love your smilies and capitals don't you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madamfluff wrote: »
    Apart from universal benefits which would cost too much to means test (yes it would before people argue ) Rich pensioners do not get benefits as they would have too higher an income to qualify - they do however pay TAX

That's quite right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You love your smilies and capitals don't you?

That's all you come here to say? People like you are a disgrace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's all you come here to say? People like you are a disgrace

That's BETTER :). You don't sound SO much like a whiny 14 year OLD here :p
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm sure it's loads. my mum and her grand parents paid for everything for us.

i'm 26 now but my dad owed lots in child maintenance payments from the age of 10 for my 2 siblingsand i, the government stopped trying to get him to pay when he fled to America.

when i met him last year for the first time in 15 years, he said he never paid because he didn't believe he should have to pay anything towards our up bringing as being a dad should be enough he said. he also said something about fathers 4 justice. we really struggled even on child benefit.

Fathers 4 justice campaign for equal access to their children. I'm sure they would be happy to contribute 50% of the costs in return.

I can see why the father may object to paying for the house and car if the mother moved another man in though, especially if it was her that dumped him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Well you way of thinking means that people on ESA support group which is the group who are not expected to look for work, or have any dealing with the job centre, should not get ESA if they are already getting PIP.

That is the TORIES for You.
    They only Care about about themselfs. They don't give a Shit about "hard working people" or sick people who most have worked and payed the tax and NI.
    BUT they tell the "poor" those sick are taking the mick.
    YES we know those people who should be STOPPED.. I just WISH these TORIES get there friends to pay the right tax, pay the workers they have more then the so called living wage.
    NEVER Trust these Tories, They KNOW what they are doing. Labour, Lib-Dems, Scotish MP's need to get working in the House of Commons, Get voting, propose voting, just run the Tory ***** into the ground.
    They only have a 12 more MP's. Now after everything, these Tories want to get ride of the foxing bill.
    Only 36 or there abouts per cent voted for this shower. They were shocked like the rest of us.
    Like David Cameron, who took everything going to support this dead son, NOW Stops people in the ESA WRAG groupe £30 pounds a week
    I bet our "Dave's Son" never had anymore tests.
    They are just CROOKS
  • Options
    LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is if you search her name it brings up articles dating back to Dec 2013 saying she will be made homeless because of the benefit cap, 18mths later she is saying the same but because of the budget. I remember seeing her on one of those benefits programs, she stated that she was £2k in rent arrears, in the same program (as somebody else stated) she went out and was spending money left right and centre on Christmas presents, she didn't make any contribution to her rent. She also said her and the kids dad were together on and off, they just can't live together. Her rent arrears was wiped and she was moved, from recent articles it seems she has got rent arrears again. I'm not knocking her, my situation has changed drastically but you can only give someone so much help before they have to start taking responsibility for their own actions.
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the TORIES for You.
    They only Care about about themselfs. They don't give a Shit about "hard working people" or sick people who most have worked and payed the tax and NI.
    BUT they tell the "poor" those sick are taking the mick.
    YES we know those people who should be STOPPED.. I just WISH these TORIES get there friends to pay the right tax, pay the workers they have more then the so called living wage.
    NEVER Trust these Tories, They KNOW what they are doing. Labour, Lib-Dems, Scotish MP's need to get working in the House of Commons, Get voting, propose voting, just run the Tory ***** into the ground.
    They only have a 12 more MP's. Now after everything, these Tories want to get ride of the foxing bill.
    Only 36 or there abouts per cent voted for this shower. They were shocked like the rest of us.
    Like David Cameron, who took everything going to support this dead son, NOW Stops people in the ESA WRAG groupe £30 pounds a week
    I bet our "Dave's Son" never had anymore tests.
    They are just CROOKS

You are the ghost of Old Hippy Guy and I claim my £5.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member

Old Hippy Guy is still with us so there's no need for a ghost!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckyyem wrote: »
    The thing is if you search her name it brings up articles dating back to Dec 2013 saying she will be made homeless because of the benefit cap, 18mths later she is saying the same but because of the budget. I remember seeing her on one of those benefits programs, she stated that she was £2k in rent arrears, in the same program (as somebody else stated) she went out and was spending money left right and centre on Christmas presents, she didn't make any contribution to her rent. She also said her and the kids dad were together on and off, they just can't live together. Her rent arrears was wiped and she was moved, from recent articles it seems she has got rent arrears again. I'm not knocking her, my situation has changed drastically but you can only give someone so much help before they have to start taking responsibility for their own actions.
    'They just can't live together' because if they did, and declared it, they would lose half their benefits anyway, especially if the father was working so many extra hours to support his kids. By claiming as a 'single' mother, Buchan and Daddy have played the system, pure and simple. I notice she refuses to name him - I wonder if that's the case for the DWP as well. It's also unclear if she moved house or not at Christmas, how many bedrooms she has, and why Daddy suddenly went from hard-working provider to the sort of bloke who spunked £2k meant for rent on trinkets and baubles for the kids. And why they split up due to him not handling the stress of so many kids (!) when he didn't even live there...
  • Options
    Forum Member

You BLOODY TORIES ALWAYS CLaim after the 20p Tax Payer.
    You are all just Crooks.
    AND KNOW what you are doing.
    You? Are just a NOBODY not that important like a TICK

Will become a Lord Tick, £300 pounds a day. The labour party have a lot to answer BUT You BLOODY TORIES need Sorting out and more important stupid people who voted for them.
  • Options
    LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    'They just can't live together' because if they did, and declared it, they would lose half their benefits anyway, especially if the father was working so many extra hours to support his kids. By claiming as a 'single' mother, Buchan and Daddy have played the system, pure and simple. I notice she refuses to name him - I wonder if that's the case for the DWP as well. It's also unclear if she moved house or not at Christmas, how many bedrooms she has, and why Daddy suddenly went from hard-working provider to the sort of bloke who spunked £2k meant for rent on trinkets and baubles for the kids. And why they split up due to him not handling the stress of so many kids (!) when he didn't even live there...

I agree. In one article I read it does name him as Chris something or other and says he's 34. In the program I saw, it showed her moving into her 'new' 4 bedroom house, and it was at Christmas. They showed her getting the surprise (well totally staged!!) phone call about her arrears being wiped and the 'good news' that she was being moved.

As I said my circumstances have drastically changed, we have gone from two decent salaries to living on benefits because my husband and I have both got chronic illnesses, my husband is still employed at the moment, although it's been over a year since he worked but it's looking unlikely he will ever be able to work again. I have been placed in the ESA support group. Both of us have worked all of our adult lives and been used to earning a wage so it has been a massive, massive shock for us, not only the money but for being made to feel like a 'lazy benefits scrounged' when for us it couldn't be further from the truth.
  • Options
    TheGreatKatsbyTheGreatKatsby Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Marie Buchan gets any money from the paper(s) she punts her story to...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Hippy Guy is still with us so there's no need for a ghost!

Perhaps he's just taking the pi$$ out of OHG.