Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pricing in stores that makes no sense. Bought deodorant yesterday, 1 stick for $3.48 or a double pack for $8.97. :confused: Uhhh, aren't things in multi-packs meant to be cheaper per item?
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new recurring 'reveal' advert on the top of this site which is playing three videos at once every time I load a page.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    There's a tooth growing at the back of my mouth, hurting my gums.
    Every now and then I feel a sharp pang of pain,ouch. Bonjela isn't helping much either.

Have you tried Anbesol? It does wonders for me. I think you can get it in either liquid or gel but liquid is my favourite.
    vierte wrote: »
    Their sizing annoys me, I buy an M in a top and it's massive so next time I order an S and then it's too small. Jeans I order a 30 way too big so I order a 28 and it doesn't go over my knees. I end up returning a lot of their clothes because their sizing is so different.

Drives me nuts too. I don't like ordering online from them any more due to the amount of times I've had to send stuff back because of their sizing.

Something annoying me at the moment are temp agencies. One I'm registered with at the moment is only putting me forward for the crap jobs no-one else wants & it's not very often either. They then think I should do them a favour by doing one of these crap jobs at a lower wage rate than I said I'd be willing to accept. Fingers crossed I get a proper job when I finish college next year!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who send me game requests on Facebook, despite me REGULARLY saying that I don't want them.

When you reject the request, you should see two options where you can either ignore all future requests relating to that particular app/game or any future requests from that particular friend. Very satisfying!
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Pricing in stores that makes no sense. Bought deodorant yesterday, 1 stick for $3.48 or a double pack for $8.97. :confused: Uhhh, aren't things in multi-packs meant to be cheaper per item?

It's the same here. It seems sometimes to me that all the shops are out to cheat you if they can. You've got to be a walking calculator these days.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have nice-exes, nasty-exes and mad-exes

Which one was Maid Marian?
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Went shopping today,found some dresses I liked, but why do H & M make their sizes so tiny? My normal size would not fit over my chest/boobs. My chest isn't even particularly big , their clothes must be for flat chested people.

Not sure whether I should be annoyed or somewhat flattered:blush:

Everything made in China is like that. They don't do boobs.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    People that say they'll phone you back but don't.

On DS, when you ask somebody a question they don't respond, even if it's to say I don't wish to answer that question. It's very rude and inconsiderate.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,671
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    People that say they'll phone you back but don't.

On DS, when you ask somebody a question they don't respond

Or, on a slightly different note, when somebody posts one of those "Anybody remember this show? " posts trying to identify something they and their friends and family have been desperately trying to find on Google for months, you post what is quite clearly the correct answer and not so much as a dicky bird of thanks :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    Or, on a slightly different note, when somebody posts one of those "Anybody remember this show? " posts trying to identify something they and their friends and family have been desperately trying to find on Google for months, you post what is quite clearly the correct answer and not so much as a dicky bird of thanks :(

I've seen that a lot as well, particularly with people starting threads and they get their answer, but never come back to say thanks.

On a similar theme, if I give way to somebody in the street because the pavement is blocked by a parked car or wheelie bin etc., say thanks when you walk past rather than just walking by blanking me. How much effort does it take to say one word when walking past, i.e. thanks. Many people are so inconsiderate these days.

Same applies when holding doors open for people.

I wonder why I bother sometimes. Manners cost nothing.

I remember offering my seat on an overcrowded train to a young woman office worker (because that was the way I was brought up), judging by the way she was dressed, and she scowled at me. So, I rarely bother nowadays. It's not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    Gregg-Pieman9Gregg-Pieman9 Posts: 32,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyclists using pavements instead of the road
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fly tippers that use the outside of my house as a dumping ground for their crap. I'm endlessly phoning up the council to remove various bits of junk put outside my house and I am not paying for it to be taken away. Sod that.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fly tippers that use the outside of my house as a dumping ground for their crap. I'm endlessly phoning up the council to remove various bits of junk put outside my house and I am not paying for it to be taken away. Sod that.
    This is actually quite important. Costs councils to remove it which comes out of council tax funds. But it and littering are on the increase partly because Council operated tips impose restrictions. So although I agree with you, it's far from trivial!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes.

You can buy 4 sticks for that price in the UK at the pound shops, even singly.

:p

ETA.

http://www.poundland.co.uk
    http://www.99pstoresltd.com

etc.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People who half heartedly watch tv and then miss important things. Its all over the forum where people havent been paying attention to plot lines and are complaining that shows dont make sense, or believing crazy theories even though they are wrong.

Also along that theme my husband would fit in. We will be watching something funny but hes texting or looking at the internet on his phone. Something funny will happen on tv and i laugh and then he wants to know what was funny! So then i have to retell the joke (never as funny second time round) and miss the next part because im talking to him. Then we will get confused what is going on and he asks me but i dont know because i missed it because i was telling him what he missed! Gets frustrating after a while.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    The middle of my top lip randomly swelling up

Wtf?!?
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The two porters we have in my building at work are both seriously annoying. One is a petty little tyrant in a uniform and just can't stop interfering in matters that are none of his business. When he's not removing equipment from locked rooms (for security reasons) and refusing to return it to people who need it ("I'm on my tea break!") he's deliberately stirring up trouble.
    If someone goes to him and asks if someone can help with a computer problem, does he call the IT people? Nope, he'll call maintenance and demand that someone come over right away as it's urgent. When someone turns up he tell them "You better get this sorted now!" When they point out it's an IT job he'll get on his high horse and send off complaints about people refusing to do jobs.
    He knows damn well who to call when there is a problem, there is a list of contact numbers on his desk but he prefers to waste everyone's time and cause trouble.
    His colleague is just plain creepy. I've never seen him walk but he just appears behind you. You can be in an empty room,turn around and he's there at your back. Then he'll say in a slow voice "You awright?"
    He doesn't move, he just stands there as you walk away. He even does it in the toilets, open the cubicle door and come face to face with him..."You awright?" Then you have to squeeze past and as you leave he'll still be standing staring into the cubicle. Weird and creepy.
    Together they seem to think their job involves being as uncooperative and as obstructive as possible - giving people wrong directions, telling delivery people that they've come to the wrong place, "forgetting" to tell people about urgent mail that's arrived for them.
    And nobody does anything about them, "It's just the way they are". I wish I had a job like that :)
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,651
    Forum Member
    On DS, when you ask somebody a question they don't respond, even if it's to say I don't wish to answer that question. It's very rude and inconsiderate.

Well, they might not have seen your question if it's a busy thread, when it's easy to miss the odd post. Or you might even be on their ignore list, in which case they wouldn't see your question!
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a file sent to me from my boss detailing my pay review for this year. I'm dying to know what's in it and if I have had any sort of rise this year (doubtful but you never know.)

The file is password protected. At the end of the email my boss has said "if you need the password let me know"

The file was sent over the weekend. He has now gone on holiday for two weeks : |
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    People who half heartedly watch tv and then miss important things. Its all over the forum where people havent been paying attention to plot lines and are complaining that shows dont make sense, or believing crazy theories even though they are wrong.

Also along that theme my husband would fit in. We will be watching something funny but hes texting or looking at the internet on his phone. Something funny will happen on tv and i laugh and then he wants to know what was funny! So then i have to retell the joke (never as funny second time round) and miss the next part because im talking to him. Then we will get confused what is going on and he asks me but i dont know because i missed it because i was telling him what he missed! Gets frustrating after a while.

A lot of the time the TV is just an electronic aquarium, picture and sound on in the background, while you are doing something else.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Yes, I get very cross when I order a pie in a treatment only to be presented with a dollop of filling and a round of pastry stuck on the top. That is not a pie!:(

"Treatment?" Sorry, I meant restaurant. Bl**dy predictive text! 😮
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of the time the TV is just an electronic aquarium, picture and sound on in the background, while you are doing something else.

True. I'm trying to 'train' myself out of automatically putting the tv on when I'm in the living room, unless there's something on that I really want to watch. It's hard, but I'm getting there! It's a bad habit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Well, they might not have seen your question if it's a busy thread, when it's easy to miss the odd post. Or you might even be on their ignore list, in which case they wouldn't see your question!

But the reality is they are a shallow self obsessed ****, we have past history and yes, most likely on their ignore list.

However, they should still answer the question. It's rude not to.

I've never put anyone on my ignore list and however much I dislike some people on here, I'll still be gratuitous enough to generally answer questions aimed directly at me. It's the right thing to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Had a file sent to me from my boss detailing my pay review for this year. I'm dying to know what's in it and if I have had any sort of rise this year (doubtful but you never know.)

The file is password protected. At the end of the email my boss has said "if you need the password let me know"

The file was sent over the weekend. He has now gone on holiday for two weeks : |

I bet you are well pissed off with that. I would be.

Maybe another member of staff knows what the password is.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Tt88;78935319]People who half heartedly watch tv and then miss important things. Its all over the forum where people havent been paying attention to plot lines and are complaining that shows dont make sense, or believing crazy theories even though they are wrong.

Also along that theme my husband would fit in. We will be watching something funny but hes texting or looking at the internet on his phone. Something funny will happen on tv and i laugh and then he wants to know what was funny! So then i have to retell the joke (never as funny second time round) and miss the next part because im talking to him. Then we will get confused what is going on and he asks me but i dont know because i missed it because i was telling him what he missed! Gets frustrating after a while.[/QUOTE]

This drives me crazy! Endless posts about something that is obvious if you had actually been watching!!! >:(

The bit about your husband reminded me of mine. If I start watching a programme/film he never wants to watch it with me. Then when it's almost over he'll get interested in it and keep asking what is happening or who the characters are. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
This discussion has been closed.