Options

White smoke in Greece. A Greek deal imminent.

Comments

• Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is how it SHOULD have been done .....

no more bailouts until you've paid off the loans you have already, and simply don't care how they do it!

greece are protecting THEIR way of living and the EU are protecting THEIR ego trip!

see you next year .....
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The EU bought a country and now owns Greece.

Who would have thought that voting for a common market would end up like this???

Tis a joke.

EU accuses Greece of corruption, yet those in Brussels sup from the gravy train and spend our money to dicktate to all of us.

(Spelling of dicktate is diliberate) :)
  • Options
    Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread bookmarked ready for the next fiasco.

Greece should have been cut loose but ego got in the way.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I thought that Greece had a major problem in collecting taxes? This Wall Street Journal article from early this year is worth a read

http://www.wsj.com/articles/greece-struggles-to-get-citizens-to-pay-their-taxes-1424867495

They do - the shadow economy is their problem.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I wish the rat-faced Varoufakis would just **** off into the sunset. I'd love to know how much he's earned from scuttling around the world giving inane interviews and writing ****-stirring articles for the Guardian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish the rat-faced Varoufakis would just **** off into the sunset. I'd love to know how much he's earned from scuttling around the world giving inane interviews and writing ****-stirring articles for the Guardian.

He was a breath of fresh air on the political stage, blowing away the cobwebs of the stuffed-suited eurocrats in their dowdy lairs.

No wonder they despised him.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    He was a breath of fresh air on the political stage, blowing away the cobwebs of the stuffed-suited eurocrats in their dowdy lairs.

He was despised because he was a rabble-rousing fantasist who talked ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps you need to reflect a bit with respect.

Greece should never have been invited to join the Euro. A few other countries too. They did not have the tax revenue to join a currency on a par with Germany, France and a few others in the EU.

Greece is a laid back country that depended on tourism to a large extent. Italy, Spain, Portugal are the same and Ireland are lucky to have just one and a half million or so that pay taxes. It's simple maths.

Germany are hell bent on a United States of Europe as if it was all just one country. That is so ridiculous and will be seen to be in the history books.

The Euro is finished. They are just refusing to accept their pipe dream was shite and little thought out.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and why did he resign leaving Tsipras to deal with the crisis on his own?
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shame he reduced his nation to beggary, but at least he had nice shirts.
  • Options
    NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member

Was it not because he was a bit too 'militant' for the Eurozone leaders. I can imagine him waving a Glock around in the meetings, trying to negotiate 'gangster' style :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he wasn't a breath of fresh air. He was a troublemaker and a coward, who ran away from his responsibilities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was despised because he was a rabble-rousing fantasist who talked ****.

We're speaking of Varoufakis aren't we?

What has Nigel Farage got to do with anything?
  • Options
    Forum Member

He was sacrificed because the Troika and their minions in the EU didn't like dealing with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"beggary"

Shame on Brussels. Greece is a great country and has given so much to the history of this world.

It's not beggary. It's clear cut dictatorship by the EU.

Disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh. Syriza did that in a few months did they?

Love the way you in the far Right who hate the EU come together with pro-EU types just to give those Lefties a good kicking! :D

Business as usual with you soon, eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No he wasn't a breath of fresh air. He was a troublemaker and a coward, who ran away from his responsibilities.

Oh please. Don't you know what went on? He was sacrificed as (another) sop to the eurocrats and the Troika.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Amidst all the bluster, the basic truth is that Greeks are being given a choice between poor but noble freedom, or cossetted serfdom. It's worth noting as well that the people who actually make the choice - the MPs - will be personally financially protected under the German jackboot, whereas they'd be just as poor as the rest under freedom.

I don't believe that for a moment. Those at power never suffer anything, they will have their private pension ready, should they retire at a ripe age of 40-50. It's normal people who suffer through the reforms, not those at the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was sacrificed because the Troika and their minions in the EU didn't like dealing with him.

If he was that dedicated to his country, he should have stood up to them. Perhaps they saw through him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    "beggary"

Shame on Brussels. Greece is a great country and has given so much to the history of this world.

It's not beggary. It's clear cut dictatorship by the EU.

Disgusting behaviour.

Well said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG. Not...67!

However will the poor souls cope.

By kicking the EU in the bollox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he was that dedicated to his country, he should have stood up to them. Perhaps they saw through him.

Didn't you read what I wrote?

He was sacrificed!
  • Options
    NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member

I think he did, that was the 'problem', perhaps he saw through them.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    if this fiasco doesnt make the population of the uk seriously anti eu then nothing will. roll on the referendum
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what i cannot understand about this is the country is they held a referendom on on this weather to in or get out ,they all said get out ,but the gov dicided not go with this & go ahead with bailout,why do i get the impression that this was a waist of time & a kick in the nuts for the greeks . sounds just like are gov & are latest budget>:(