Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Mildred Pierce can't say the word 'news' correctly, he says 'noos'.

His poor pronunciation must go down badly when he's mixing with the upper echelons of society. He likes nothing more than name dropping the odd duchess, a dame, and not to mention a few old queens...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mildred's teeth are something to behold. Not to mention the hair transplant or whatever procedure it was that he indulged himself in.

If he applied a fake tan he would be the image of Rylan Clarke

What a dreadful, name dropping old bag he is.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    I didn't hear it but apparently John Humphries gave him a hard time too.

From what I've heard today, including comments from other journos, this has been a massive own-goal for Abell and The Sun. I'll be tuning in tomorrow, purely because I hope he gets a really hard time from callers. I think it was badly mis-judged and smacks of desparation and ££. Certainly Stigs attempts to justify it were unconvincing.

I'm not that keen on Abel as he comes across to me as somewhat pretentious and his defence of the Sun story was so weak it was pathetic. Oh no, of COURSE we're not saying the Queen was a nazi, it's 'historical social comment ' that just happens to be an 80 year old out of context total non-story with a have a nasty offensive headline to appeal to,our knuckle-dragging readership...I don't think I'll bother to listen to someone who stoops that low.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mildred Pierce can't say the word 'news' correctly, he says 'noos'.

It could be a west or south West Country thing? I'm sure I've heard it in Gloucestershire/Wiltshire areas.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    NA struggles anyhow, full-stop. He fumbles in trying to find the words to articulate/answer a caller, whilst admitting as much. Reminded therefore of the 1980's styled presenter he once was, he evidently cannot find the energy to up his own game. Sounding bored to death like an old codger way beyond his years, often I have visions of Nick dipping his dentures in a solution Steradent by his bedside.

A tad harsh but he's definitely not the must listen that he was. I don't like the way he indulges the rambling bores, like Mark in Liverpool, and the drunks and stoners but interrupts and takes the mickey out of anybody interesting who has a point to make..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Nick read my previous post! It's actually a good show so far. Perhaps it depends on the topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A tad harsh but he's definitely not the must listen that he was. I don't like the way he indulges the rambling bores, like Mark in Liverpool, and the drunks and stoners but interrupts and takes the mickey out of anybody interesting who has a point to make..

He is over.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't Nick run the desk instead of the tech guys?
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a while I thought that Voice-Over-Man's pronunciation of the "L" in LBC had improved, but just lately his most recent offerings sound as much like "EWL" B. C. as ever. I know it is going to be an embarrassing thing to do, but somebody needs to have a word with him about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to come on here .....SA has waffled his way further into the annals of 'The most ridiculous presenter on record' ...... he stated that pitta bread was full of fat.... he said it was 40% fat. If it was so full of that amount of fat it would slide of the plate. He is a buffoon. Pitta bread has a high salt content if anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had to come on here .....SA has waffled his way further into the annals of 'The most ridiculous presenter on record' ...... he stated that pitta bread was full of fat.... he said it was 40% fat. If it was so full of that amount of fat it would slide of the plate. He is a buffoon. Pitta bread has a high salt content if anything.

He thinks Rita Ora is American.

His In Conversations today: Phil Daniels and - wait for it - Shelagh Fogarty. It was Beverley Turner the other week; it seems LBC is pushing their female presenters.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He thinks Rita Ora is American.

His In Conversations today: Phil Daniels and - wait for it - Shelagh Fogarty. It was Beverley Turner the other week; it seems LBC is pushing their female presenters.

I reckon the problem is he doesn't think at all.

How one person can spout such ill informed cobblers and get away with it for so long is a mystery.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the problem is he doesn't think at all.

How one person can spout such ill informed cobblers and get away with it for so long is a mystery.

A someone pointed out yesterday, LBC allows "b*llocks".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Stig Abell is a disgrace for bringing up an 80 year old video that is irrelevant nowadays and trying to cover himself on the show he has. But there ya go x3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Iso_Cross wrote: »
    Stig Abell is a disgrace for bringing up an 80 year old video that is irrelevant nowadays and trying to cover himself on the show he has. But there ya go x3

I could have some sympathy with his argument that it's a valid topic for discussion given what happened soon after. But the fact that the material was stolen along with the trashy front page splash just defeats the argument.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,214
    Forum Member

They're running low on guests who agree to do an interview about Fanny Allen, for Fanny Allen, by Fanny Allen. The days are long gone when he could get people like Nigel Havers in.

He might have to invite Keith Lemon and Cheryl Cole soon to keep the numbers up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    They're running low on guests who agree to do an interview about Fanny Allen, for Fanny Allen, by Fanny Allen.

Celebs will do anything to get a free half hour plug for their latest book, record, TV show or whatever. I think it's LBC promoting shows which are possibly not getting the punters listening in great numbers.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebs will do anything to get a free half hour plug for their latest book, record, TV show or whatever. I think it's LBC promoting shows which are possibly not getting the punters listening in great numbers.

Most celebrities will have a contractual obligation to do a certain amount of media publicity to promote the film/TV show/book etc to which they are attached. Their publicists will arrange interviews with the most high profile shows to fill the time that the celebrity is available. I suspect an interview broadcast at 5am Sunday morning, on what is still essentially a local radio station, will be way down their list of preferred choices. Therefore, I can easily see a situation arising when In Conversation could run out of guests so they have to resort to interviewing other LBC presenters to fill the time.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,214
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Most celebrities will have a contractual obligation to do a certain amount of media publicity to promote the film/TV show/book etc to which they are attached. Their publicists will arrange interviews with the most high profile shows to fill the time that the celebrity is available. I suspect an interview broadcast at 5am Sunday morning, on what is still essentially a local radio station, will be way down their list of preferred choices. Therefore, I can easily see a situation arising when In Conversation could run out of guests so they have to resort to interviewing other LBC presenters to fill the time.

They'll have the 'The best of In Conversation' soon.....dear god!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Nick read my previous post! It's actually a good show so far. Perhaps it depends on the topic.

Nick was very funny last night.

I think it does very much depend on the subjects he's discussing as to how good the show is.

I feel he has to cover some serous topics because he can't totally ignore major stories but he is definitly more comfortable with lighter topics where he can joke around and take the Mickey more.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Fogerty 'I like to be as open and frank as I can' .

Who's she trying to kid ?
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    For a while I thought that Voice-Over-Man's pronunciation of the "L" in LBC had improved, but just lately his most recent offerings sound as much like "EWL" B. C. as ever. I know it is going to be an embarrassing thing to do, but somebody needs to have a word with him about it.

when will they ever change the annoying F M'errrrr :(
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Former LBC presenter The Award-Winning Nick Margerrison makes a welcome appearance in Jon Gaunt's podcast number 105 which is recorded in the new high-tech Talk2Me Radio studio in West London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Former LBC presenter The Award-Winning Nick Margerrison makes a welcome appearance in Jon Gaunt's podcast number 105 which is recorded in the new high-tech Talk2Me Radio studio in West London.

Award winning? Ha ha ha haaa, ha ha hah.... Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa ha.

Dread to think what the award was for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Award winning? Ha ha ha haaa, ha ha hah.... Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa ha.

Dread to think what the award was for.

At least he WON an Award and when I heard him, he seemed a lot better then that guy that does the 4 - 6:30 shift, Steve Allen? I almost forgot his name
This discussion has been closed.