Options

Fascinated with David Icke

SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't help it. I know he's talking nonsense but I can't help watching his videos and going on his website. And he has spent years going on about bankers, paedophiles, media executives, war mongerers - it has to be admitted now that some of the criticism is not unreasonable! Not that I'm claiming they are reptiles.

Little known fact: David was sacked by the BBC for refusing to pay the poll tax. He was a very capable broadcaster though, could easily have ended up as a main sports anchor on TV.

Does he really believe everything he says? Who can say.

Comments

• Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend my evenings bouncing between here and the icke forums.'

I'm not sure I'm believe, exactly. But, everything with an open mind.

I really spend time there because it's a Mecca for extreme opinions. And that interests me.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spend my evenings bouncing between here and the icke forums.'

I'm not sure I'm believe, exactly. But, everything with an open mind.

I really spend time there because it's a Mecca for extreme opinions. And that interests me.

I ended up on the forums a few months ago after googling something, and saw you on there.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, he does talk a lot of sense about some things, but when he goes into the reptile bit, you kind of wonder what has he been smoking.
  • Options
    simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all sounds plausible until you realize that he thinks the moon isn't real.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Steven Tyler being the guest on Top Gear a couple of years ago. He mentioned that the previous day he had visited Stonehenge with David Icke. I would love to have been a fly on the wall that day.

David Icke is probably the person that I'd like to see more than any other on CBB or IACGMOOH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simy wrote: »
    It all sounds plausible until you realize that he thinks the moon isn't real.

Yep. Shape shifting lizard-men, I'll keep an open mind. The moon stuff.... Rediculous.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily News, Thurs, March 28, 1991....

"Turquoise-clad Icke warns of apocalypse now"

Volcanoes and tidal waves 'to hit UK this year"

"An earthquake measuring eight to nine on the Richter Scale will hit the isle of Aran, off the west coast of Scotland, caused by negative energies form the troubles in Northern Island.
    Land shifts in the Mull of Kintyre and Tayside will leave islands and part of the mainland under water.
    A surge of energy will hit the Shakespeare cliffs and Kent, damaging the Channel Tunnel, which will never be completed.
    And a hurricane will hit Ireland striking Derry, Londonderry and the River Derry.
    The sequence of disasters which will leave no part of the globe untouched, will start with an eruption virtually destroying Mount Rainier in Washington state, in the U.S.
    Mr Icke who resigned as a Green Party spokesman last week, made his predictions at a news conference in London."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I can't help it. I know he's talking nonsense but I can't help watching his videos and going on his website. And he has spent years going on about bankers, paedophiles, media executives, war mongerers - it has to be admitted now that some of the criticism is not unreasonable! Not that I'm claiming they are reptiles.

Little known fact: David was sacked by the BBC for refusing to pay the poll tax. He was a very capable broadcaster though, could easily have ended up as a main sports anchor on TV.

I don't think he believes what he preaches, it's too extreme.

I think he likes the money it makes him though.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »

"An earthquake measuring eight to nine on the Richter Scale will hit the isle of Aran, off the west coast of Scotland, caused by negative energies form the troubles in Northern Island.
    Land shifts in the Mull of Kintyre and Tayside will leave islands and part of the mainland under water.
    A surge of energy will hit the Shakespeare cliffs and Kent, damaging the Channel Tunnel, which will never be completed.
    And a hurricane will hit Ireland striking Derry, Londonderry and the River Derry.
    The sequence of disasters which will leave no part of the globe untouched, will start with an eruption virtually destroying Mount Rainier in Washington state, in the U.S.
    Mr Icke who resigned as a Green Party spokesman last week, made his predictions at a news conference in London."

What the hell????

I've always managed to avoid him.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »

That sounds pretty much like the average Daily Express weather forecast! Does Icke work for them now?
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    David Ike's statements are so many and detailed that like, when you throw mud at a wall, some will stick!! He's bound to be right occasionally.

OP, may I suggest you get a hobby-stamp collecting, train spotting, under water tap dancing, anything which will break you of this dangerous habit!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was right about savile....
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Greens achieved their best ever results under Icke in 1989. They've never hit the same heights again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EmBurster wrote: »
    I don't think he believes what he preaches, it's too extreme.

I think he likes the money it makes him though.

Is there not something just as disturbing about anyone pretending to be disturbed, for any reason? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wasn't difficult though, as a lot of people had thought the same for years.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's bat crap crazy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Is there not something just as disturbing about anyone pretending to be disturbed, for any reason? :D

Yeah, agree. The fact that he can pull if off so convincingly says something. Either he's mental or just totally mad.
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy reading the David Icke forums. He seems to have been right about a lot of stuff to do with Savile and the Elm Guest House and cover ups in high places. The question is though is "is Lizzie a Lizard?"
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anyone seriously believe that people can shape shift into lizards?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Why would anyone seriously believe that people can shape shift into lizards?

Conspiracy theorists, on the whole, are terrific losers who want someone else to blame for their misfortune instead of taking ownership of their own lives.

Easier to blame shape-shifting demons instead of ones-self.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying I believe it, but given the vastness of the universe who to say their isn't a race of shape-shifting lizards?....
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,941
    Forum Member
    Some little known facts about David Icke.

He requires constant moisturising, lest his skin dries out.
    His preferred temperature range is between 26 and 31c.
    He loves French Cuisine, especially escagot, of which he can eat several platefuls a day..
    He is said to be able to focus on multiple tasks at once keeping a close eye on several things at a time.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying I believe it, but given the vastness of the universe who to say their isn't a race of shape-shifting lizards?....

Who's to say there isn't a race of motorised dustbins, but that's hardly evidence that the Queen Mum was a Dalek! :D
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone new
  • Options
    happygirl22happygirl22 Posts: 409
    Forum Member

I guess most people who are interested in "tonnes of stuff" might be interested. I've never read him talking about reptiles, would be interested in a direct link to one of his "talks" on this. not sure how he came up with that conclusion about any human and how he means it. like others, I found him, for the few times I've seen him on TV to start of well and then he loses it somewhere along the line. My rough guess is he is following and confusing too many different types of philosophies/ideas. in general I don't like doom mongers or ultra conspiracy theorists and thers not much I see positive here so must be wrong alot of the time.