Options

Kristina and Ben

Comments

• Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quelle surprise. I've no idea why they tried to kid us all, I must admit the minute they were paired up I had a feeling this could happen, because firstly she has regularly hooked up with partners and secondly he has all the hallmarks of someone who once they get celebrity fame later in life would dump the wife for a more "celeb" partner.

This suits Kristina though, didn't she split with Joe cause he wanted kids and she didn't or something, at least Ben has his kids all set up already, although having said that I wouldn't be shocked if they were on the cover of OK announcing some pregnancy in the next 12 or 18 months.

I can't believe people are still naive enough to think nothing happened until after he left the wife.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristina apparently split with Joe because she wanted children and to settle down and get married and he didn't because he already had children from his previous marriage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2477795/Strictly-Come-Dancings-Kristina-Rihanoff-reveals-heartbreak-Joe-Calzaghe-split.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so he was the one who didn't want the kids, yep then I give it about a year before she's pregnant on the cover of OK!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so he was the one who didn't want the kids, yep then I give it about a year before she's pregnant on the cover of OK!.

The worst thing they could do - would be to do any interviews with Ok or the like, both of them would get even more flak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowadays nothing surprises me from those in the public eye so I could see it happening. I mean despite both being together they somehow tried to suggest the media was starting drama when in fact the media were 100% correct.
  • Options
    sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to be tricky for whoever is partnered with her this year unless the producers give her someone gay. I wonder if she will get a no- hoper so she is out quickly.
  • Options
    abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story isn't going to go away any time soon as both Ben and Kristina have autobiographies out in the autumn and I am sure there will be plenty in the media about it all then. The soon to be ex will probably have her say as well.

The saga really needs to come to an end now for the sake of everyone. It can't be doing any of those involved any good :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Going to be tricky for whoever is partnered with her this year unless the producers give her someone gay. I wonder if she will get a no- hoper so she is out quickly.

I feel the producers like this kind of thing though, even the pairing of Ben and Kristina was always odd giving their height difference, its almost as though they were hoping the newly single Kristina could nab another sportsman.

Don't be surprised if she gets another good looking fella.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth is everyone putting the blame on Kristina :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    It is also unfair how this woman is still on the show, yet other dancers have been axed. .

Why is it unfair? Is it because you don't like her when other dancers have gone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Why on earth is everyone putting the blame on Kristina :confused::confused::confused:
    If you actually bothered to read the thread, plenty of posters have also blamed Ben and some of us have said most of the blame lies with him, it's just some of us think Kristina has to take her share of the blame too and that being single before she met Ben doesn't absolve her from deciding to get involved with a married man.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''Alongside a message about the meaning of karma, Abby wrote on Twitter: "@KRihanoff there you go my lovely......," tagging the Russian dancer.

She added: "Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts, then they make us want to leave foot prints on their face..." ''

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ben-cohens-wife-abby-sends-6095757

''Strictly star Robin Windsor defended the 37-year-old Russian over her “close friendship” with Ben last month.

He told the Mirror: “Sometimes Kristina gets close to her dance partners. But the finger is always pointed at the woman, ironic considering Kristina's the one who’s single and carefree.

"She can do what she wants.” ''

I do think RW makes a fair point though.

Kristina might be single and carefree but the men she gets "close" too arent! I think that is the actual point

then again, it does take 2 to tango
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Poor ex is all I'm going to say. It's been already 2 years sinse Ben was on Strictly, and this story just hasn't gone away at all. It seems like she's been put through the worst kind of public separation and divorce, and Ben's desire to act as if he didn't cross boundaries is the biggest reason. He doesn't seem to have the dignity to own up to his actions and let his ex move on with dignity. And if he has a book to promote, well this will be a story for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor ex is all I'm going to say. It's been already 2 years sinse Ben was on Strictly, and this story just hasn't gone away at all. It seems like she's been put through the worst kind of public separation and divorce, and Ben's desire to act as if he didn't cross boundaries is the biggest reason. He doesn't seem to have the dignity to own up to his actions and let his ex move on with dignity. And if he has a book to promote, well this will be a story for a long time.

His wife got quite a bit of stick from Kristina fans for sending her that karma quote. It probably wasn't the best thing to do but understandable given how hurt she is - I mean it's not as if she hurled abuse at her, it was just a quote. I do think Kristina fans are out of order branding her 'pathetic' just because of that - they keep on claiming that the marriage was 'over' but how do they know? Techincally a marriage isn't over until the divorce papers are signed and I'm guessing Abby was hoping for a reconciliation - I think probably the final straw for her was if the reports are true that he took Kristina to a family event with their daughters without her knowledge - so again Ben's stupidity and arrogance knows no bounds. I hope Abby is able to find strength for her daughters and move on from this for her sake too.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    His wife got quite a bit of stick from Kristina fans for sending her that karma quote. It probably wasn't the best thing to do but understandable given how hurt she is - I mean it's not as if she hurled abuse at her, it was just a quote. I do think Kristina fans are out of order branding her 'pathetic' just because of that - they keep on claiming that the marriage was 'over' but how do they know? Techincally a marriage isn't over until the divorce papers are signed and I'm guessing Abby was hoping for a reconciliation - I think probably the final straw for her was if the reports are true that he took Kristina to a family event with their daughters without her knowledge - so again Ben's stupidity and arrogance knows no bounds. I hope Abby is able to find strength for her daughters and move on from this for her sake too.

Abby seemed to be unaware the marriage was over at the time of strictly. He used her to keep up the family man image and didn't let her in the fact that the marriage was over. He's been pictured with the kids a lot, to promote the image how devoted father he is. Which all makes him look sleazy. He could very well be a devoted father, but he should be that in private and not use his kids to uplift his image.

Only person pathetic in this situation is Ben and to some extent Kristina.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kristina has serious issues tbh. Every man she takes up with has been in a relationship with someone else and she has come between them and caused mayhem. Yes people fancy other people but you should have the dignity and respect - for yourself and the family of the other person - to not act on that. I think her behaviour is a hallmark of having to prove herself irresistible to mask low self-esteem - ie "look at me, I am so good that I am better than the wife, he couldn't resist me". It is game playing and yes she is a great dancer and I enjoy watching her but that is as far as it goes. As a bloke I don't find her sexy or attractive and wouldn't go near her if I was single, married or consciously coupled with a giraffe. It will all kick her up the a**e one day, big time.
  • Options
    thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,672
    Forum Member
    I don't know why, but I never saw the appeal of Ben and everyone's endless fawning over him. Yes he has the muscles and the gay rights things going for him, but he seemed a little dim if that is the right word. I never saw any fire with him on the floor and a 9 for "that" paso give me a break. I don't think they had any chemistry on the floor. In my opinion she had a lot more chemistry with Simon and Jason and heck extend that to John. Their attraction is purely sexual I think, with little or no emotional attachment at all. Had she struck up a relationship with Simon I would have found it believable and genuine.

Both parties are responsible. Kristina as Nene Leaks says "close your legs to married/taken men" and Ben should have remembered where is morals were. Well his morals were in Kristina ;) also that mother in law was causing more heartache and damage. Abby should have told her to shut up and stop blabbing off before she said something she truly regrets.

Anyway just like Joe, Ben will come out smelling of roses and Kristina will have side eyes, shade throwing and mmmhmmms over the next four months. The balance is completely wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

Agree he seems to be a total moron, either that or he doesn't care about anyone else in this scenario. For someone who works with anti-bullying charities he's hardly gone about this whole mess in a good way, the entire thing has been dragged out for ages with him just recently claiming the media were the ones in the wrong until now confirming everything they've said this past while.

Despite being in the wrong both of them are trying to spin it so they're the victims.
    I think Kristina has serious issues tbh. Every man she takes up with has been in a relationship with someone else and she has come between them and caused mayhem. Yes people fancy other people but you should have the dignity and respect - for yourself and the family of the other person - to not act on that. I think her behaviour is a hallmark of having to prove herself irresistible to mask low self-esteem - ie "look at me, I am so good that I am better than the wife, he couldn't resist me". It is game playing and yes she is a great dancer and I enjoy watching her but that is as far as it goes. As a bloke I don't find her sexy or attractive and wouldn't go near her if I was single, married or consciously coupled with a giraffe. It will all kick her up the a**e one day, big time.

I agree I don't see the attraction, to me she has that tacky new money Russian look about her, compared to say Anya or Aliona, Kristina certainly fulfills a certain stereotype of a Russian woman who moves over the the West looking for a man. I also agree this has happened too many times with her for her to be exempt from blame. It seems she seeks out guys who are in relationships.

Also wasn't Ben her first partner after her split with Joe, so she literally got straight back to getting with her partner after splitting with the previous one.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My only question in all this is how long have Kristina and Ben actually been together? We all know they grew close during Strictly but did they jump into the sack together immediately or did they resist the attraction until recently? It wasn't right for Ben and Kristina to get involved while Ben was still married, but it does make a slight difference if they became involved only after he separated from his wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    My only question in all this is how long have Kristina and Ben actually been together? We all know they grew close during Strictly but did they jump into the sack together immediately or did they resist the attraction until recently? It wasn't right for Ben and Kristina to get involved while Ben was still married, but it does make a slight difference if they became involved only after he separated from his wife.

Tbh I don't think it makes much difference when they got involved. If Ben separated from his wife solely because they were having problems and he needed some space to deal with them, then that would be fair enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case.......it seems to me he wanted to leave and put his marital problems behind him and pursue an affair with Kristina, his wife has now understandably had enough of the situation and wants a divorce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the photos of them on the tube in September 2014 and also the photos of him leaving hers one morning in May it doesn't involve much of a stretch to think its been going on a while.
  • Options
    Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    The curse of Strictly. Sells tabloids. Maybe some people watch Strictly looking for such things. Will make it more difficult to recruit celebs who are in relationships.

I agree - the show has been encouraging speculation about this sort of thing for a while now, with Tess 'nudge nudge wink winking' about people's chemistry, deliberately putting particular pairings together to get in the tabloids etc. I think it has got to the stage where they have pushed it too far now though and it has given the show a slightly sleazy edge, which I don't think was there in the first few series. I have read lots of comments from viewers who find all the relationship break-ups 'caused' by the show really off-putting and I imagine plenty of decent celebs don't want to go on anymore because they don't want to upset their wives/husbands and don't want the hassle of all the media speculation about running off with your partner etc. (as opposed to the lower rent celebs who don't care what they are in the paper for as long as they are in there.) It will be interesting to see who Kristina is paired with this year - if its another young attractive man I think it will show that the BBC are very happy with the sort of publicity she is bringing to the show.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she would take up with Simon Webbe but of course, she wouldn't would she - Simon was single!
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why these people lie and pretend they are not in a relationship when they really are - the truth will always out.

There are young children involved here, that is sad. Relationships break up, that is a fact of life. Within a couple of years it will all be over for Ben and Kristina too. Karma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    I agree - the show has been encouraging speculation about this sort of thing for a while now, with Tess 'nudge nudge wink winking' about people's chemistry, deliberately putting particular pairings together to get in the tabloids etc. I think it has got to the stage where they have pushed it too far now though and it has given the show a slightly sleazy edge, which I don't think was there in the first few series. I have read lots of comments from viewers who find all the relationship break-ups 'caused' by the show really off-putting and I imagine plenty of decent celebs don't want to go on anymore because they don't want to upset their wives/husbands and don't want the hassle of all the media speculation about running off with your partner etc. (as opposed to the lower rent celebs who don't care what they are in the paper for as long as they are in there.) It will be interesting to see who Kristina is paired with this year - if its another young attractive man I think it will show that the BBC are very happy with the sort of publicity she is bringing to the show.

Agree, Tess does the whole nudge wink thing about married celebs and their partners which given her husbands previous sexting issues I find a bit weird then again I guess production are pushing it.

I think the BBC were more than happy with the Ben/Kristina scenario, they gave her two partners who didn't match her height wise but were attractive men, look at Colin Salmon as well. Its as though they were hoping something would go down.
This discussion has been closed.