Options

Why is it so cold ?

fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
Forum Member
✭✭✭
24th July and its cold! Brrr!

Frosts expected in rural parts tonight!

I have rellos overrseas and i keep putting them off coming coz its so cold and miserable.

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The air flow is straight from the Arctic at the moment due to low pressure areas which stretch from Scandinavia eastwards.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    its not, youre mistaken we have a Mediterranean climate now the met office and al gore say so

its because of CO2 levels increasing leading to man made global warming

97% of scientists agree

do keep up
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not, youre mistaken we have a Mediterranean climate now the met office and al gore say so

its because of CO2 levels increasing leading to man made global warming

97% of scientists agree

do keep up

Tee Hee.......:D

It's not that cold, is it? I sat in the garden with a cuppa earlier and it was ok.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it so cold?

How long have you lived in this country? It's normal weather in Britain. A few warm days, the odd wet and windy day? Why the question?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Late July and got my heating and lights on.Such miserable weather it makes me not want to get out of bed. I do suffer with SAD but don't expect to struggle in the so called summer
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pouring down here (Bath), that kind of rain that comes down all day.

I admit I prefer a changeable summer, not 40 days of constant sunshine, but even I would like to see some pleasant days. It was all seasons in one day on Sunday - rain and wind in the morning, cloudy all afternoon, lovely clear air and sunshine in the evening when we sent to steam fair, perfect. I just hope there are enough nice days not to ruin my daughter's trips and our holiday at the end of August (when it could be snowing :D)
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been another crap summer so far. Plenty of miserable grey days, with strong winds, and the next week or so doesn't look any better, and we'll be into August. It'll soon be over. :(
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Pouring down here (Bath), that kind of rain that comes down all day.

I admit I prefer a changeable summer, not 40 days of constant sunshine, but even I would like to see some pleasant days. It was all seasons in one day on Sunday - rain and wind in the morning, cloudy all afternoon, lovely clear air and sunshine in the evening when we sent to steam fair, perfect. I just hope there are enough nice days not to ruin my daughter's trips and our holiday at the end of August (when it could be snowing :D)

Heavy rain here Somerset, windows still open though but had to put lights on as it's so grey :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been another crap summer so far. Plenty of miserable grey days, with strong winds, and the next week or so doesn't look any better, and we'll be into August. It'll soon be over. :(

I was thinking yesterday that I need some summer clothes as I've lost so much weight, then realised that it'll be autumn (if it's not already :o) within weeks so best look at different clothes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's been awful hasn't it? I can count on my ffingers the number of lovely sunny days we've had this year.
    My only light at the end of a dark tunnel is that I'm off to sunnier climes in 3 weeks time
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    Heavy rain here Somerset, windows still open though but had to put lights on as it's so grey :(

Heavy rain here sw Midlands to cold to have windows open :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »

Lights on here too, but windows shut as I'm coooold :D Mind you I'm 3 floors up and it's been very windy, seems to come through the wall sometimes.

I often think Bath has it's own little eco-system due to the hills surrounding it :D
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Why? It's because the schools have broken up.

Whenever that happens the weather goes crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd accept that if it had been nice upto now, but it's been as bad since a nice week at Easter.

The odd nice day has not been enough to make it a reasonable summer, never mind a nice one.
  • Options
    mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    The best of the summer is always before the schools break up.

It's not been that bad of a summer here in London, only rained a few times and the temperature has been over 20 for so long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd accept that if it had been nice upto now, but it's been as bad since a nice week at Easter.

The odd nice day has not been enough to make it a reasonable summer, never mind a nice one.

Where are you? I'm in London and I've been in shorts every day since the start of April
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    Where are you? I'm in London and I've been in shorts every day since the start of April

A bit further north than you, and for the most part it has been dreary, and nondescript.

I keep looking at the forecast for those poor devils in Scotland though, and that makes it slightly better, because I couldn't live with what they have to put up with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice in Newcastle, very little wind, warm and it feels a little muggy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. Got my summer wardrobe out of storage at the start of May and haven't had occasion to wear any of it.
    I can't remember a year where so many are still on coats and tights through June and July. It's like having a permanent autumn.
    My poor convertible car has only had her roof down a handful of times so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A bit further north than you, and for the most part it has been dreary, and nondescript.

I keep looking at the forecast for those poor devils in Scotland though, and that makes it slightly better, because I couldn't live with what they have to put up with.

Personally I've never been a fan of August, it's when you really start noticing the Autumn coming in with the darker mornings and evenings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Yep. Got my summer wardrobe out of storage at the start of May and haven't had occasion to wear any of it.
    I can't remember a year where so many are still on coats and tights through June and July. It's like having a permanent autumn.
    My poor convertible car has only had her roof down a handful of times so far

It's been weird here, there's been many in summer clothes since April but I've still seen a few in winter clothes. Mind, on that really hot day a few weeks back,35 degress plus and I seen a few people in big thick coats.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,225
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    24th July and its cold! Brrr!

Frosts expected in rural parts tonight!

I have rellos overrseas and i keep putting them off coming coz its so cold and miserable.

It's actually been quite a warm summer so far, not that sunny, but definitely not cold.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,225
    Forum Member

Apart from the years when it doesn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's actually been quite a warm summer so far, not that sunny, but definitely not cold.

Today's the first day in so long it's dipped below 20 here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    It's been weird here, there's been many in summer clothes since April but I've still seen a few in winter clothes. Mind, on that really hot day a few weeks back,35 degress plus and I seen a few people in big thick coats.
    I must admit there is a woman I see each morning who wears the same coat regardless of the weather. The few hot days we had, she was wearing said coat when the rest of us were in t shirts. But I've also seen her when it's in minus figures and snowing with the same light coat when we're all in gloves and boots.
    Have to say that, apart from those few hot days though, I've not really seen anyone dressed for summer this year. It's like we're all resigned to summer passing us by this year