Options

Les and Claudette: the real reason for their meetings (may contain spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    So why did they go on holiday together?

For me, that's the biggest piece of the jigsaw. What did they do while they were away?

I have this theory that Les is a cross dresser. That necklace he bought months ago was for him, not Claudette. They go on holiday so Les can live his secret life for a week. Okay, a bit far fetched, but hey ho it's soap.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les could becoming interesting if this secret is huge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    I have this theory that Les is a cross dresser. That necklace he bought months ago was for him, not Claudette. They go on holiday so Les can live his secret life for a week. Okay, a bit far fetched, but hey ho it's soap.

Maybe Les is having a sex change
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Les helped Grace Olubunmi fake her own death and the rest is history
  • Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peg ODwyer wrote: »
    No, the child is mixed, it just doesn't have the lighter skin that some mixed kids do. So I agree that Les could be the Daddy.

Mel B is an example of someone who's mixed but has dark skin.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Maybe Les is having a sex change
    No, not as extreme as that, but he may like dressing up in women's clothing occasionally.
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im still thinking les is a transvestite he loves his wife but has erge to dress in womens clothes, claudette found out years ago, alot of that goes on in gran canaria, and thats whats happening, this will lead to a trans character (differnt from transvestite) coming into it as les friends from the dressing up
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were shagging, or are they not?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    :confused: Vincent is black, not mixed. Les couldn't be his father.

So was Ava! She was supposed to be mixed-race but looked black. It's not like mixing paint, genes fall where they fall.
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    jimbo23 wrote: »
    im still thinking les is a transvestite he loves his wife but has erge to dress in womens clothes, claudette found out years ago, alot of that goes on in gran canaria, and thats whats happening, this will lead to a trans character (differnt from transvestite) coming into it as les friends from the dressing up

Haha! I thought I was the only one who believed that Les was into the old cross-dressing :D (haven't been on DS much lately if it's already been said ...)

I'd love it to be true!
    spursboy68 wrote: »
    Mel B is an example of someone who's mixed but has dark skin.

Actually I think she might be tanned. I watched that Best no.1's of the 80's programme and in a scene from one of their videos she looked lighter than she does now - unless it as the lighting of course.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel B isn't that dark, more brown. President Obama doesn't look particularly mixed race, even though his mum was white. Ava did not look at all mixed race nor like Cora. White and black do tend to produce at most a dark shade of brown. It's rare to see a mixed race persom who is very dark skinned like Ava was.
  • Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Mel B isn't that dark, more brown. President Obama doesn't look particularly mixed race, even though his mum was white. Ava did not look at all mixed race nor like Cora. White and black do tend to produce at most a dark shade of brown. It's rare to see a mixed race persom who is very dark skinned like Ava was.
    Agreed. Could depend on whether your heritage is half-African or West Indian.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Could Pete Beale and Les be brothers / swapped at birth?
  • Options
    kazi1976kazi1976 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I like the cross dressing theory but I think it's something to do with Donna
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't find this funny :(
    You're right, it's not funny it's very repetitive and boring :(
  • Options
    Ryan_AdolphoRyan_Adolpho Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    jimbo23 wrote: »

I think you maybe on to something here
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't take Les as a serious character or imagine him as someone's lover, he has been in too many comedies in the past, to me he willl always be the shopkeeper who lived below Richie and Eddie:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A cross dresser would be more interesting
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    So was Ava! She was supposed to be mixed-race but looked black. It's not like mixing paint, genes fall where they fall.

Actually I think she might be tanned. I watched that Best no.1's of the 80's programme and in a scene from one of their videos she looked lighter than she does now - unless it as the lighting of course.

Clare Perkins is black, the decision to cast her as Ava (acting ability aside) was terrible, a lot of members of black community disgraced. Most definitely through dominant alleles in genes some mixed race people have a darker skin colour, but if you're casting a mixed race character....why not cast a mixed race actor??? In this vein, Richard Blackwood is black and if he turns out to be Les' son, it'll be upsetting either because of the BBC's inability to not meet the ethnic requirements of a role, the fact they can't be bothered to look for mixed-race actors and settled for celebrity casting, or both.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what I have been thinking too! I have been thinking it could be Donna, but now I think the twist is that Vincent is Les's son!

Not true. My friend's friend is black, and he is married to a white woman. They have a child and the child is black, not mixed.

If a white and black couple have a baby together it could be black
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if its been suggested but what if Les is Paul's dad and Claudette knows?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like them to be serial killers :D
  • Options
    IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd considered the possibility that Les may be Vincent or Donna's Dad, but why would that require him to go on holiday with Claudette? If it is a child Claudette has cared for, I'd guess it's a character we haven't met and their meetings have facilitated him spending time with this child.

However, I'm most liking the cross-dressing suggestion. If you think back to that very first meeting between them, he got out a necklace for Claudette. Or was it? Was he in fact looking for her opinion on an item of jewellery for him? Considering how committed he seems to be to Pam and the fact that she's quite emotional and can overreact, it would perhaps make sense that he chooses to keep this secret from her, but has confided in Claudette and shared his experiences with her.
  • Options
    mad-1mad-1 Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just like every other plot on EE these days, they go on forever and there not that interesting.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do we know?

Pam killed her son when he was ill
    Paul's mum left him in their care years before
    Pam was ostracised from her job as a social worker
    Claudette has known Pam and Les for about thirty years
    Donna recently celebrated her thirtieth birthday
    Les spends money and gifts on Claudette