[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish the Diamond League would invite the Para athletes to take part
  • Options
    Edward_SloleyEdward_Sloley Posts: 10,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diamond League action in Stockholm back underway. Even with the WCh not far off, it's still better than coming off the back of last year's ECh.

Ibargüen claims another victory in the triple jump with a rather modest (by her standards) 14.69m. She only need turn up at the last DL comp (wherever that is) to win the Diamond Race.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Wish the Diamond League would invite the Para athletes to take part

They usually do on the early non-syndicated part of the meet, but with the World Feed now so tightly packaged for the 2 hour slot it's impossible to give it much coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh, someone got overexcited on Twitter and misinterpreted Malachowski's discus PB as the leading mark in today's comp (a translation error, apparently). In reality, there's nothing much of significance going on ATM.

You'll never guess who's just been made an ambassador for the 2016 World Half Marathon Championships. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They usually do on the early non-syndicated part of the meet, but with the World Feed now so tightly packaged for the 2 hour slot it's impossible to give it much coverage.

Thank you.

As far as I know there was a club competition at London on Sunday, but I could be wrong.

http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/british-athletics-series/sainsburys-anniversary-games/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off we go in Stockholm....Eilidh Child a bit off in the 400m H

Very small crowd, all a bit depressing.
  • Options
    Lunatic DreyfusLunatic Dreyfus Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat disappointed by Jodie Williams in the 200m earlier. She lost interest on the line and finished 3rd. Then again a damp Stockholm can't be the most inspiring place to run.
    Off we go in Stockholm....Eilidh Child a bit off in the 400m H

Par for the course for Elidh. Though I could be diplomatic and claim the bends are a bit tight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    National Record for the UAE there - i.e. they have just signed up a new Ethiopian.

Damn, are Eurosport the BBC in disguise? We missed Greg Rutherford jumping 8:34 for more adverts for BT Sport!
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, are Eurosport the BBC in disguise? We missed Greg Rutherford jumping 8:34 for more adverts for BT Sport!

Thought I was going crazy, they never showed it did they. It's so poor that the World feed doesn't account for people taking ad breaks. Surely the vast majority of broadcasters showing this feed will be showing adverts, how difficult would it be for them to put in some windows for advert breaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8:32 for Greg - this is what wins him medals, lots of the other guys can do big jumps, but they can't put in a series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Lyndsey Sharp, best run of the year so far. Beat a lot of good names, I'd say a WC semi-final level field.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurosport Player hasn't shown me a single ad, which is quite odd when you notice it. Greg looked impressive on his two big jumps.

That was a more aggressive run from Lyndsey in the 800m. I do like to see our girls get stuck in at the business end of races.
  • Options
    GavitarGavitar Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Renelle Lamote continues to impress, gutsing out the win on her DL debut despite being baulked on the back straight.

Bronze at the worlds behind Sum & Wilson is up for grabs. There's a group of 5 or 6 who could nab it and Lamote is putting herself in the frame. She's lost just once this season, narrowly to Selina Buchel in Montreuil. She seems to be a proper racer too and showed tonight that she's not only able to win by front-running.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long jump victory goes to Rutherford - two jumps beyond 8.30 on a cool night certainly bodes well for Beijing. He certainly needed that after the Anniversary Games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney starting to peak in time for Beijing? Oh, wait ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, that was quite the switch in lead from McDonald to Cedenio...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aha, Michael Rimmer is on hand to give us an 800m masterclass!

Yep, useful rehearsal for his first round exit, managed to get himself blocked coming off the bend, and relied on others making a bigger mess of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barshim continues to be out of sorts. The High Jump really hasn't "taken off" this year, very flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disturbingly competitive from Ace Rimmer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Henrik Ingebrigtsen joined a Village People tribute band?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavitar wrote: »
    Has Henrik Ingebrigtsen joined a Village People tribute band?

Or started a second career as a mafia hitman?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a pretty comfortable win for SAFP in the 100m. Looks like a Beijing 08/15 double is still on the cards.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stockholm felt a bit flat overall. Great performance by Greg though. Not that our friend Chris Tomlinson was impressed.

https://twitter.com/LongJumpChris/status/626859658398011393

Seriously can we lock him, Kilty & Vernon in a cupboard somewhere.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavitar wrote: »
    Barshim continues to be out of sorts. The High Jump really hasn't "taken off" this year, very flat.

Bondarenko's not competed for a while, been injured I believe. I think Zhang will win gold in Beijing unless Barshim can turn his form around in the next 3 weeks
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Stockholm felt a bit flat overall. Great performance by Greg though. Not that our friend Chris Tomlinson was impressed.

https://twitter.com/LongJumpChris/status/626859658398011393

Seriously can we lock him, Kilty & Vernon in a cupboard somewhere.

Well times haven't changed that much. He's still not coming close to winning a comp...