Options

My local Subway store has adopted Sharia law

Forever ChangesForever Changes Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw an 'All meats Halal' sticker in the window. Perhaps it's not a new thing, I don't know, but I only saw it today. Plus they no longer sell those delicious ham subs

sad that a large national chain of food outlets now condones inhumane animal slaughter.

Comments

• Options
    DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    How is that Sharia law?
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw an 'All meats Halal' sticker in the window. Perhaps it's not a new thing, I don't know, but I only saw it today. Plus they no longer sell those delicious ham subs

sad that a large national chain of food outlets now condones inhumane animal slaughter.

Buy your sandwiches somewhere else then.

#solvingfirstworldproblems
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    No they havent
  • Options
    catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharia law

not making a foot long ham sandwich with extra lettuce

not sure they are quite the same thing
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member

Do they stone people to death for adultery? Or is that only if you go in and ask for a Big Mac?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    Buy your sandwiches somewhere else then.

#solvingfirstworldproblems

I will do.

#solvingthirdworldproblems
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is that Sharia law?

Halal practices are a part of Sharia law
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halal meat is standard in more places than you may realise.

Think lots of Meat from Tesco and Sainsbury is Halal.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt they will get away with murdering homosexuals and stoning adulterers while they serve their foot longs.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,613
    Forum Member
    You are in luck OP for DS Politics has its very own halal "expert" and he will be along shortly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halal meat is standard in more places than you may realise.

Think lots of Meat from Tesco and Sainsbury is Halal.

strange that so many of the chattering classes are outraged over Cecil the lion, but many are perfectly happy to buy meat sourced from animals that are effectively tortured to death
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strange that so many of the chattering classes are outraged over Cecil the lion, but many are perfectly happy to buy meat sourced from animals that are effectively tortured to death

Were you outraged?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Were you outraged?

no, just saddened. Getting outraged doesn't solve much.

Incidentally, why is it so often dentists that go safari hunting? Perhaps they have a pathological love of inflicting pain :kitty:
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could be able to demand non Halal now, as religious people are not meant to discriminate against non religious people when they are providing a service now, as demonstrated by the B&B and cake incidents?

Gay couple win Berkshire B&B refusal case -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19991266

Christian bakers lose gay cake case -

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/christian-bakers-lose-gay-cake-case-31233574.html

cake row could force Muslims to print Prophet Mohammed cartoons – lawyer -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11477809/Bert-and-Ernie-gay-marriage-cake-row-could-force-Muslims-to-print-Prophet-Mohammed-cartoons-lawyer.html
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an 'All meats Halal' sticker in the window.

Order a Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Handy if you want a quickie divorce! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    Order a Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt

all pork products have been replaced with 'Turkey Ham'. Turkey bacon doesn't sound quite so appetising

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

Guess my store is one of the lucky 185
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,613
    Forum Member

If Subway started to serve wafer thin slices of lion meat in their shops I would be extremely outraged.
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all pork products have been replaced with 'Turkey Ham'. Turkey bacon doesn't sound quite so appetising

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2616576/Subway-removes-ham-pork-nearly-200-stores-strong-demand-Muslims-eat-Halal-meat.html

Guess my store is one of the lucky 185

Take your trade elsewhere if you feel strongly about it and explain why.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    no, just saddened. Getting outraged doesn't solve much.

Incidentally, why is it so often dentists that go safari hunting? Perhaps they have a pathological love of inflicting pain :kitty:

I always wondered why people who could be doctors, might decide to become dentists. Perhaps its the money, perhaps its easier. . However, in the lion killer case, it looks like possibly a bad case of compensation for feelings of failure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    You could be able to demand non Halal now, as religious people are not meant to discriminate against non religious people when they are providing a service now, as demonstrated by the B&B and cake incidents?

I could try, but the sign did say 'All meats Halal'

somehow I can't see Halal butchers being legally forced to offer their customers non-Halal infidel meat
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can think of better reasons not to buy from Subway, probably why I've never bought from Subway... overpriced bready turd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    If Subway started to serve wafer thin slices of lion meat in their shops I would be extremely outraged.

depends if the lions were slaughtered humanely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered why people who could be doctors, might decide to become dentists. Perhaps its the money, perhaps its easier. . However, in the lion killer case, it looks like possibly a bad case of compensation for feelings of failure.

the guy was pretty wealthy - owned his own surgery and paid tens of thousands to go on his lovely hunting trips - I doubt he'd consider himself a failure.

maybe he just has a very small penis
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halal practices are a part of Sharia law

Best not eat the bread, as bread is halal too.
This discussion has been closed.