Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Law wrote: »
    In the credits Chucky Venn was credited as Charles Venn. Was that a mistake?

He is Charles Venn, but probably known as / nickname Chucky.
  • Options
    Sara_PittSara_Pitt Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I just can't think of a situation where a young man would kiss an older man's forehead unless they were closely related. (Or gay, but we already know they're not).

ALso, I wonder whether Charlie dies in this storyline. They have to write him out at some point.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Why did Max's mum come and go without seeing Robyn?

Let's be honest - would anyone really want to see Robyn if they had a choice in the matter? :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sara_Pitt wrote: »
    I just can't think of a situation where a young man would kiss an older man's forehead unless they were closely related. (Or gay, but we already know they're not).

ALso, I wonder whether Charlie dies in this storyline. They have to write him out at some point.

BIB: I agree, in many other situations, I would have said that it's because the person has died. However, I suppose it could be because maybe Charlie saves Lofty? Or Lofty has a lot of respect for what Charlie does and that's the way he shows it?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member
    For anyone curious about Lofty kissing Charlie's head who cannot wait:
    in the trailer for upcoming episodes, Charlie clearly saves Zoe's life, I'm presuming he gets kissed and hugged by more than just Lofty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    For anyone curious about Lofty kissing Charlie's head who cannot wait:
    in the trailer for upcoming episodes, Charlie clearly saves Zoe's life, I'm presuming he gets kissed and hugged by more than just Lofty

Charlie is either asleep or unconscious and that's when Lofty kisses his head. I think that's why the thought of him dying comes from.

Lofty is singled out in the trailer so that's why it's been mentioned.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam Law wrote: »
    In the credits Chucky Venn was credited as Charles Venn. Was that a mistake?

Chuck is a common nickname for Charles.

I've seen it before when actors start out using their nickname, and change it to the real version as they grow older.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm going to call it now, Jacob and Lily will end up together in some way shape or form. That much resentment early on can only mean love :D
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I assume Max's dad is married to Robyn's mum so Max's mum may not necessary even know her, or at least not to say hello to.

Robyn's name is Miller, and so was Greta's - so maybe Robyn and Max just share the same dad.

I assumed they were full siblings. I must have missed a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robyn's name is Miller, and so was Greta's - so maybe Robyn and Max just share the same dad.

Or Robyn's dad married Max's mum. That would mean Max wouldn't necessarily take his mum's married name. I definitely remember Max saying step-sister at some point when talking about Robyn.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just watched it (busy weekend). I, for one, liked it. I'm not asking much from my TV; indeed, I like Casualty cause you don't have to think much.

However: why was Zoe wearing a winter coat?? It was a lovely coat, I was very envious -but it's July ffs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which suggests it's Max's mum and Robyn's dad who are married (as Max's surname is Walker).

Though why she couldn't have come without Mr Walker Snr, I don't see: maybe he's at work. Maybe he and Max don't get on. Maybe he's not that interested in who Max is dating (the latter would be my dad :D )
  • Options
    NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are trying to apply logic to Casualty - very dangerous.

Like the not so small detail that Romania has very hot weather in Spring and Summer, with it sometimes getting to 35 to 40 celsius in the main part of Summer in Bucharest, so there's no way in hell there would ever be snow on the ground in May and we just have to accept that they shot in November when it can be minus 4 or 5 as a norm and they weren't able to hide the cold which is just another detail that slightly derailed my ability to believe in the whole bloody story! Don't shoot somewhere if you can't make it look like its supposed to!

Or the shot of Connie and Rita when they are having their 'shove the s**t under the carpet' conversation (which of course we know they haven't) in 'The Way Home' when Connie's outside with no sleeves on in what must have been in real-life December and Rita's wearing a jacket and looks cold.

Details people! Basic details! Annoys the tits of me, you can tell they don't care anymore when they can't be arsed to get the weather right....
  • Options
    qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Enquiry for Casualty super fans, I spent a long time last night searching for an episode to no avail

The patient storyline was about a gay homeless boy who went to a gay bar to try and pick someone up so he had a place to stay for the night. However, his drink was spiked and he was raped. I am 90% sure that the doctor who treated him was Tom Kent. Anyone recall anything like this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just rewatched the end of Saturday's episode. I full on love that scene between Max and Zoe. I can forgive a lot of we get scenes like that.

I'm definitely not the discerning kind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    qwerty21 wrote: »
    Enquiry for Casualty super fans, I spent a long time last night searching for an episode to no avail

The patient storyline was about a gay homeless boy who went to a gay bar to try and pick someone up so he had a place to stay for the night. However, his drink was spiked and he was raped. I am 90% sure that the doctor who treated him was Tom Kent. Anyone recall anything like this?

I do remember it...it was only a few years ago so it could have been Tom.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,511
    Forum Member
    Saturday 15th August Spoilers
    It's Saturday night at the Emergency Department. Jacob unveils the truth about a patient - but is it too late?

Tess’s son Sam surprises her as he visits the hospital introducing her to a special bundle of joy. A grandma for the first time, Tess has a difficult decision to make.

Dylan is at rock bottom as he hits back at staff nurse Lofty. Creating a scene in front of his colleagues, Connie gives Dylan a day to prove he is fit to carry out his medical duties.

Big Mac helps Max with options for his wedding to Zoe and is overjoyed to be asked to be his best man.

Following Honey’s unsuccessful date, Ethan takes the opportunity to ask her out
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,511
    Forum Member
    ^ From the spoiler above,
    I'm guessing it's Tess' final episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a brilliant episode, thanks for the details.
  • Options
    NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooohh!
    The Tess bit! So she isn't going to die then? Hallelujah! Another melodramatic catastrophe might well be too much to endure so close to the exploding boat-Charlie-Zoe stuff in the Summer Trailer and all the soap operatics of the last year or so.

And potentially a nice tie-in on a wider sense, a positive family story-point (complete with some proper continuity given that you had to wonder whether this lot even remembered that Sam existed all the time) in dramatic contrast to the whole dysfunctional family theme they've been using almost as a cliché these last few years. You know, the automatic fall back on dodgy parent-child relationships partly resulting from broken-down relationships with the other parent because no Holby health-care professional no matter how other-wise competant and capable can have a child and then be trusted to raise it sensibly, the Brothers, Greta Miller - the soon to be Mother-in-Law from Hell, Dylan's Dad about to show up etc. as well for a while. Never-mind the Dysfunction Junction that is are normal patient stories each week. How refreshing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On now :)
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the actor who plays the man with the younger fiancée a relative of Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell)? He looks (and sounds) just like him. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jacob's been the way he is for 2 weeks and Louise has never seen him??
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily has really been awful the last few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh what's the Jacob/Louise secret?
This discussion has been closed.