Comments

• Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Indeed - quite the reverse in fact:-

He was not dragged. Fact.

The video's as clear as day, especially slowed down. He said, he was tangled up in the car. He thought he was going to be run over, how was he, at the side of the car. He thought he'd be "sucked under the car", that's a weird one. He was being dragged, how? Contradictory excuses.
    He said he was being dragged at some speed, so then had to shoot him. He wasn't being dragged at all, the car behind appears to be in the same place in the couple of seconds it took to shoot him in the head. The Police chief or whoever he is said the car was moving very slowly when he shot him. Both of his hands were free. He moved close to the car, put his left arm into the car to try to switch off the ignition first. He then moved back from the car. Then he put that arm back into the car to pull the man's left arm away from his head and immediately shot him in the head. 3 seconds in total after the man turned on the ignition.. How the hell could he do that with a car driving off at speed? He then moved that hand again to the back part of the open window as it moved off, I think in an instinctive attempt to stop it with a shot in the head victim at the wheel! I also think he's hung onto the car, not being dragged until it gained speed , he lost his balance completely, he is on the ground with both arms in the air a few feet up the road. How could he be tangled up anywhere, he was also away from the opening side of the door. Has he explained that excuse at all?
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrtdg82 wrote: »
    If you take the silver car parked some 20 feet in front of them at the time Of the stop. At 1.56 when tensing gets up after falling backwards, he is significantly closer to that silver car further down the road. How did he get there? That's what has been suggested.
    At 1:56 Tensings left hand can clearly be seen moving toward the door pillar. Here is a screen grab; http://oi62.tinypic.com/w7g7rn.jpg

He appears to lose balance which is believable but there is no way he was ever dragged and, despite the silver car, i cannot see or hear any evidence to support that either. Within the space of just six seconds Tensing had fired that fatal shot, lost balance, and was running after DuBose's car. That's a pretty quick recovery.
  • Options
    mrtdg82mrtdg82 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't accept what has been said by you. Not one jot.

Also, Tensing has been charged with murder for "purposeful killing" - it was not reactive due to panic.

I'm beginning to take this personal as you are ignoring others posts on the subject and concentrating solely on mine despite us both making the same points.

I have explained clearly as has another poster above.

What he has been charged with and what he is convicted of (if at all) are 2 different things.

I'm not going to respond any further to you if you are going to make it personal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    At 1:56 Tensings left hand can clearly be seen moving toward the door pillar. Here is a screen grab; http://oi62.tinypic.com/w7g7rn.jpg

He appears to lose balance which is believable but there is no way he was ever dragged and, despite the silver car, i cannot see or hear any evidence to support that either. Within the space of just six seconds Tensing had fired that fatal shot, lost balance, and was running after DuBose's car. That's a pretty quick recovery.

I understand your point but how did he end up that much further down the road?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to take this personal as you are ignoring others posts on the subject and concentrating solely on mine despite us both making the same points.

I have explained clearly as has another poster above.

What he has been charged with and what he is convicted of (if at all) are 2 different things.

I'm not going to respond any further to you if you are going to make it personal.

It's not personal, it's factual.

But we will have to agree to disagree if you are interpreting it as personal, and stop now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have you watched it in slow motion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    The video's as clear as day, especially slowed down. He said, he was tangled up in the car. He thought he was going to be run over, how he was at the side of the car. He thought he'd be "sucked under the car", that's a weird one. He was being dragged, how? Contradictory excuses.
    He said he was being dragged at some speed, so then had to shoot him. He wasn't being dragged at all, the car behind appears to be in the same place in the couple of seconds it took to shoot him in the head. The Police chief or whoever he is said the car was moving very slowly when he shot him. Both of his hands were free. He moved close to the car, put his left arm into the car to try to switch off the ignition first. Then moved that arm back to the man to pull his left arm away from his head and immediately shot him in the head. 3 seconds in total after the man turned on the ignition.. How the hell could he do that with a car driving off at speed? He then moved that hand again to the back part of the open window as it moved off, I think in an instinctive attempt to stop it with a shot in the head victim at the wheel! I also think he's hung onto the car, not being dragged until it gained speed , he lost his balance completely, he is on the ground with both arms in the air a few feet up the road. How could he be tangled up anywhere, he was also away from the opening side of the door. Has he explained that excuse at all?

Agreed. There is no way on God's Green Earth that he was dragged by the car. He shot and was then up and running almost simultaneously, which would not have been the case if he was being dragged.

In fact if you study the video, his right hand was resting on the top of the vehicle at the precise moment when the car started, and there is no indication that his left hand was in it.

It is manifest nonsense for it to be suggested that he was dragged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you watched it in slow motion?

I have and I'm trying to make out what you have written above because I can't make too much sense of it.

Could you possibly break it down a bit more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure the silver car is actually quite as far away as it first appears to be when viewing. However i would expect after the shooting the scene would have been contained and sealed off and all appropriate measurements taken. At least that's what the Police would do here....not sure what they do in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have and I'm trying to make out what you have written above because I can't make too much sense of it.

Could you possibly break it down a bit more?

I really can't. .25 speed is best and freeze frame it. The silver car isn't that far away and was along side him, then he let go and must have staggered backwards onto the ground.. He had to be trying to hold onto the car, that would be anyone's instinct. There was no conceivable way he could be "tangled up" in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the silver car is actually quite as far away as it first appears to be when viewing. However i would expect after the shooting the scene would have been contained and sealed off and all appropriate measurements taken. At least that's what the Police would do here....not sure what they do in the US.

I've watched it in slow motion and I still can't work out how he ends up so far down the road.

It appears he shoots him then the car moves, but he falls back almost instantly after shooting him so I can't work out how he got there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched it in slow motion and I still can't work out how he ends up so far down the road.

It appears he shoots him then the car moves, but he falls back almost instantly after shooting him so I can't work out how he got there.

It's not that far down the road.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that far down the road.

How far is 'not far?'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far is 'not far?'

I have no idea but that belt cam elongates as you can see by the man's car. How do you think he could be tangled up and be dragged, although his defence is he was being dragged and then shot him, which he clearly wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea but that belt cam elongates as you can see by the man's car.

What's that got to do with anything?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea but that belt cam elongates as you can see by the man's car. How do you think he could be tangled up and be dragged, although his defence is he was being dragged and then shot him, which he clearly wasn't.

If he wasn't dragged how did he end up where he landed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he wasn't dragged how did he end up where he landed?

I've already said. Immediately after he shot him he grabbed the back edge of the open window with his left hand, as if to try and stop the car, which would surely be anyone's instinct in that situation. It gathered speed and he let go losing his balance, staggering backwards onto the ground, which you can see in slow motion.
    The sheer insanity of shooting someone in the head in a moving vehicle is staggering and he falsely claimed it was moving off at speed endangering him!
    How could he be tangled up in the vehicle? Both his hands were free and outside of the car after he'd shot him. The guy had his seatbelt on so he couldn't claim to have been tangled up with that. He moved away from the car in a split second before he put his arm back into the car to move his arm away from his head to shoot him in the head, so he wasn't tangled up in any other way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, like I said, at the precise moment the car moves, Tensing's right hand is resting on top of the vehicle and there is no evidence to show that his left hand or head, is in it. Why would they be?

It's just not plausible that he was dragged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's that got to do with anything?

It elongates distance and of course size as you can see by the man's car.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, like I said, at the precise moment the car moves, Tensing's right hand is resting on top of the vehicle and there is no evidence to show that his left hand or head, is in it. Why would they be?

It's just not plausible that he was dragged.

Yes that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already said. Immediately after he shot him he grabbed the back edge of the open window with his left hand, as if to try and stop the car, which would surely be anyone's instinct in that situation. It gathered speed and he let go losing his balance, staggering backwards onto the ground, which you can see in slow motion.
    The sheer insanity of shooting someone in the head in a moving vehicle is staggering and he falsely claimed it was moving off at speed endangering him!
    How could he be tangled up in the vehicle? Both his hands were free and outside of the car after he'd shot him. The guy had his seatbelt on so he couldn't claim to have been tangled up with that. He moved away from the car in a split second before he put his arm back into the car to move his arm away from his head to shoot him in the head, so he wasn't tangled up in any other way.

Isn't his left hand permenantly in the vehicle? Until after the shot was fired of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't his left hand permenantly in the vehicle? Until after the shot was fired of course.

No he steps back for a spilt second then he puts his arm back into the car to pull the guys arm down from his head. The shot was fired in 3 seconds from the man starting the car, it had hardly moved, if at all, as you can see from the car behind. He's claiming he was tangled up in the car and dragged at some speed before he shot him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he steps back for a spilt second then he puts his arm back into the car to pull the guys arm down from his head. The shot was fired in 3 seconds from the man starting the car, it had hardly moved, if at all, as you can see from the car behind. He's claiming he was tangled up in the car and dragged at some speed before he shot him.

I've watched it in slow motion several times and I don't see his left arm move from inside the car. I also still can't see how he ended up in the position he did following falling. He seems to have travelled 2 car lengths which is what, 15 feet?

I'm not suggesting he was dragged at speed but for him to end up where he did he must have been moved along somehow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched it in slow motion several times and I don't see his left arm move from inside the car. I also still can't see how he ended up in the position he did following falling. He seems to have travelled 2 car lengths which is what, 15 feet?

I'm not suggesting he was dragged at speed but for him to end up where he did he must have been moved along somehow.
    Here; http://oi60.tinypic.com/23k259e.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are we discussing Tensing here? Because isn't that as he goes to Reach into the car?