Options

Disgusting France

turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Dog shit everywhere! We've just come back from a holiday in France and I feel traumatised by the amount of dog shit. There was even some in the supermarket car park on the crossing, a great big pile of it, yuk.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    DS just gets "funnier" everyday.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dog shit everywhere! We've just come back from a holiday in France and I feel traumatised by the amount of dog shit. There was even some in the supermarket car park on the crossing, a great big pile of it, yuk.

What about general litter, was that as bad or is France clean in this regard?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    What about general litter, was that as bad or is France clean in this regard?

France is very clean.... Litter is not that bad
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    France is very clean.... Litter is not that bad

I'll disagree there and agree with the litter, I'll disagree with turquoiseblue's claim.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want to go to Paris one day but my boyfriends been before and absolutely hates it and said it was filthy and stunk. Although he could be biased, hes polish and hates the French :D
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news, unicorns shit rainbows and the Pope is Catholic.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love France, no less clean than here...just someone tell the feckers we give way to cars on a roundabout not the other way round ..youtube cars on arch de triumph to get what I mean :(
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I really want to go to Paris one day but my boyfriends been before and absolutely hates it and said it was filthy and stunk. Although he could be biased, hes polish and hates the French :D

According to a Polish girl I used to work with, Poles hate everyone. She was pretty racist too and didn't like dealing with black or Asian people.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »

It doesn't smell but they tolerate graffiti which makes it look scruffy. Lots of homeless people as well who sleep in the Metro stations.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You get dog shit here as well.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    You get dog shit here as well.

I work in central London, the worse place for dog shite is Pimlico. Nobody scoops the poop. Disgusting.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where we live most clear up after their dogs. In France it would seem that no one bothers. Some places do have bins and a poo bag dispenser so the authorities are trying. Still a long way to go though.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The French rarely use proper toilets. Public facilities are often of the hole in the ground type.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,936
    Forum Member
    Go to southern Germany as an antidote - it is spotless.
  • Options
    Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    According to a Polish girl I used to work with, Poles hate everyone. She was pretty racist too and didn't like dealing with black or Asian people.

He isn't racist at all but doesn't like Germans French or the Russians, he's just xenophobic to the country's that f*cked his up :blush:
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    It doesn't smell but they tolerate graffiti which makes it look scruffy. Lots of homeless people as well who sleep in the Metro stations.

Ild still love to see it one day
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,936
    Forum Member
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    love France, no less clean than here...just someone tell the feckers we give way to cars on a roundabout not the other way round ..youtube cars on arch de triumph to get what I mean :(

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQwkhWRy-c

Watching that actually makes me quite cross. Total mayhem and disregard.
    Uncivilised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where in France did you "holiday" ?
    A sweeping statement for a large country!
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »

Also tell them that traffic lights serve a purpose, they're not just there to change colour.

As for litter, I've only been to Le Havre a couple of times but it was a shithole.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No different to England then!

Every trip out is like walking through a minefield.

As has been my road for the last month where some ignorant horse rider failed to clean up Neddy's mess >:(
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ze merde is only zere to improve ze flavour you philistine
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, aren't you glad we don't have dogs in England? ^_^
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I work in central London, the worse place for dog shite is Pimlico. Nobody scoops the poop. Disgusting.

Pooplico.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a place in Paris and the city in inundated in dog turds .The French have something about being generally unhygienic .Vive la difference eh
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I found this on Twitter, its of a park in London, notice the dog shit bag.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLd6NEkXAAIG1wu.jpg:large

I see a guy on the train drop a Mcdonalds bag bold as brass, just chucked it onto the floor, people don't care, its not a Paris only issue.
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    I got a place in Paris and the city in inundated in dog turds .The French have something about being generally unhygienic .Vive la difference eh

http://img00.deviantart.net/f853/i/2010/152/6/1/pepe_le_pew_wallpaper_by_e_122_psi.png