Options

Should short men marry tall women?

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
Or is it just ridiculous. Isn't it 'normal' that men SHOULD be taller than women?

I say all this because Dec, off Ant and Dec, got married to a woman who is a good 6 inches taller than him.

Is it wrong?:p

Comments

• Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. . . It isn't wrong.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a chance of a date with a sexy woman 6 foot tall, but I am only 5 foot 9.

Short myself! :p

I declined because she wears high heels making her 6 foot 4. :eek:

It was a pairing that would have looked very silly. ;)
  • Options
    Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should a thin man marry a fat woman. Should an intelligent woman marry a dumb man. Should a good looking person be interested in a less good looking person. Should a... oh you get the picture.

There's no 'should' about it really. Sure there are preferences and this is entirely fine to have those but sod the 'rules' or what certain people in society tell you and do what you want with who you want.

You had a date with a sexy woman but declined it due to her being a couple of inches taller? Dude, you must be fighting them off with a stick... (assuming the stick#s long enough and/ or you can reach high enough that is :p)
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the size that's important - it's what's inside a person that is.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It may look wrong because it's one of the remaining 'taboos'.

I mean we've (mostly) got past the question should 'black' men marry 'white' women but we've made a lot more progress with racism than heightism.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a chance of a date with a sexy woman 6 foot tall, but I am only 5 foot 9.

Short myself! :p

I declined because she wears high heels making her 6 foot 4. :eek:

It was a pairing that would have looked very silly. ;)

Simple answer

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Yd9Qcf-9MHE/hqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's not wrong. Why would it be? I prefer tall men myself but i've dated men shorter than me before.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »

:D:D

Yes, of course. Why not? I'm 5' 6" whereas Mr Kivi is barely 5'. My brother in law is only about 5' 4" but has been out with tall women in the past.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    As the saying goes - they are all the same height, lying down!

She could manage me any day. What an absolutely goggeous lady. :):):):):)
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or is it just ridiculous. Isn't it 'normal' that men SHOULD be taller than women?

I say all this because Dec, off Ant and Dec, got married to a woman who is a good 6 inches taller than him.

Is it wrong?:p

Of course it's not wrong. It's just on average that men are taller than women. It doesn't mean that all men are taller than all women. There's nothing wrong with men and women who are outside the average range of height and there's no real reason why they shouldn't be together.
    I understand that some people may stare and that might make a person feel self conscious, but to exclude potential partners on the basis of height is just silly. You might be passing up the opportunity of a great relationship.
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only if they love each other
  • Options
    Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have a long leg fettish?
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Short women got out with tall men so why can’t short men go out with tall women? My sister is over 6ft in heels, but her husband is 5ft 9. It doesn't bother them so why should it bother anyone else. Two female friends at university are over 5ft 10, but neither of them has any problem going out with shorter guys. In fact, one of them is going out with a guy is 5ft 6. As I tall guy I can tell you that I face problems just like my shorter friends do. I’m not immune from rejection just because I’m over 6ft. Confidence is the important thing. One of my closest friends is 5ft 7, but he has more success with girls at university than most of my taller friends do. Why? He accepts who he is and enjoys himself.

There seems to be an obsession with height at the moment, or at least that’s the way it seems. Look up any good looking celebrity and one of the first hits on Google is regarding their height. I swear some women burst into tears when they find out a celebrity's real height, it's pathetic. There was a woman on The Daily Mail complaining about James McAvoy's height. She wrote about how disappointed she was when she found out he was "only" 5ft 7. Why does it matter? It's not like she has a chance with him. Look up any article about Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji Madden and most of the comments will be about the height difference between them. It wouldn't be an issue if she was shorter than him. It's a double standard that annoys me.

A lot of women consider anything under 6ft short and usually it’s the short, dumpy women. They seem hell bent on making shorter men feel inadequate when in reality a lot of these women should grow a good five inches themselves before criticising someone else. I doubt any of them would appreciate being ridiculed and rejected because their breasts are too small, hips are too big or their nose too masculine. I'm glad I'm a gay guy. There's less nonsense when it comes to men than women.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when I was young there was and Italian barbers near my house.... it was run by three or four brothers the Iontas... there was one very short brother, the funniest wee man ever , about 4ft 6.... when he was looking for an Italian wife from back home , its said he sent his brothers photo to her and she accepted his proposal of marriage.... oh dear , she was much taller, (wouldnt be hard) and must have been so disappointed.. still he must have made her laugh a lot hahaha.. Johnny Ionta is a legend in the eastend of Glasgow so much so that he has a cartoon done of him in the Peoples Palace museum and years after his death hes still talked about.. http://i.imgur.com/PLefhaM.jpg The shop was packed full every day as men went in to hear his patter.. funny wee man...
    http://i.imgur.com/GPm24T6.jpg
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dated a tall woman for a while, this is the one that wanted to re organise my house after a month, so I called time on her ...

She wasent really my type.. Felt a bit awkward with her

Blond, 5 foot, big boobs and a squeaky Scouse accent is more me.. Having said that this is probably why my love life is a disaster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    It's not the size that's important - it's what's inside a person that is.

Precisely, what a stupid thread.

My 6ft 4 bf doesn't care that I'm only 5ft, and I love getting on my tippy toes to kiss him when he calls me cute.

Admittedly, yes, I like tall guys, but I wouldn't have discounted someone my own height or shorter if there was a connection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emzie21 wrote: »
    Precisely, what a stupid thread.

My 6ft 4 bf doesn't care that I'm only 5ft, and I love getting on my tippy toes to kiss him when he calls me cute.

Admittedly, yes, I like tall guys, but I wouldn't have discounted someone my own height or shorter if there was a connection.

It's not that stupid because you have already admitted you like tall guys...

But as others have said, size does not matter
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think it looks wrong for a woman to be taller than the man..
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Oh no. I like my women short so i can boss them around. I can't be made to look like a little fellar.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pogo stick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pogo stick.

Here comes Zebedee... Booiinngggggg
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.......they should just have sex with them and then dump them

then get back on 'plentyofgiraffes'
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My old mate Rod doesn't think there is a problem.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Should a thin man marry a fat woman. Should an intelligent woman marry a dumb man. Should a good looking person be interested in a less good looking person. Should a... oh you get the picture.

There's no 'should' about it really. Sure there are preferences and this is entirely fine to have those but sod the 'rules' or what certain people in society tell you and do what you want with who you want.

You had a date with a sexy woman but declined it due to her being a couple of inches taller? Dude, you must be fighting them off with a stick... (assuming the stick#s long enough and/ or you can reach high enough that is :p)

hahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    I dated a tall woman for a while, this is the one that wanted to re organise my house after a month, so I called time on her ...

She wasent really my type.. Felt a bit awkward with her

Blond, 5 foot, big boobs and a squeaky Scouse accent is more me.. Having said that this is probably why my love life is a disaster

Does she have to be a natural blonde? (mine's dyed), is 5' 1" ok? just how big do the boobs need to be? I've got the Scouse accent but not squeaky (I can't stand squeaky voices) I think I might be your woman..............................................................................If you don't mind wrinklies :D