Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a classic performance but nice to start with a win!
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll do. Bit of panic-stations once Darmain went off, but a win's a win. Happy with all our new boys, not unhappy with any of our old boys and even Romero calmed down and did a good job in the second half. Tidy.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,983
    Forum Member
    Not a great game, but a win is a win and i would of taken this before the game so i'm pleased, Smalling played well and was probably my man of the match, also was impressed by Darmian and Romero did well in goal, he didn't put a foot wrong. Obviously there are bigger tests to come but we did enough against a team who will most likely finish the season in the top 6 and they didn't cause us that many problems so that is pleasing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Romero grew in confidence over the course of the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Good win to start the season. Was always going to be a tricky first game but glad we came through it.

I am excited to see Pedro and hopefully another forward and defender
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Smalling man of the match for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Tribec will pick holes in Smalling's performance :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Tribec will pick holes in Smalling's performance :D

Darmian looked quality,

Only downer i've got is Depay at times looked very lazy but had some good touches.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top of the league at this moment in time, I will take that! 😀

Not our best performance, and we will have to improve here on in, but it is far better to start this way, then how we did last season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now, about taking LvG out for a celebratory birthday dinner! 😀 😀
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Pedro in for Young in our next game?! 😉
  • Options
    Forum Member
    See chelsea fan starting already!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully, he couldn't be any worse, I thought Young was terrible today, had so much of the ball got into some really good positions and didn't do a thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Hopefully, he couldn't be any worse, I thought Young was terrible today, had so much of the ball got into some really good positions and didn't do a thing.

Didn't he set up our goal?

But yeah, he was disappointing, he certainly needs to improve on that overall performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »

Walker had him in his pocket, also was it a dive vs dyer? Not for me, momentum took him down.
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,027
    Forum Member
    Happy for the win, Darminan looked good.

But I see much hasnt changed from last season we are still stumbling upon 1-0 wins.

We lack the cutting edge of a decent strike force.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he set up our goal?

But yeah, he was disappointing, he certainly needs to improve on that overall performance.

He did yea, I'll give him that, and he puts in a shift, but he should be doing more for me, may terrible wasn't the right word.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely forgot we were playing early today. So how did we do?
  • Options
    Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can see where the problems are going to be based on todays performance. Van Gaal is absolutely right about needing that extra quality and pace up front.

I would also say it makes more sense to have someone up there with Rooney rather than him being by himself.

If you are going to play with one up front the players round him need to be lightening quick in terms of thought and movement.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,546
    Forum Member
    On a positive note, Darmian and Smalling looking good, Romero too once he got into the swing of things.

I'm not too concerned about winning by an own goal as it wouldn't have happened but for a bit of smart attacking, Rooney fumbled the ball there but will soon sharpen up.

Do they publish league tables after one match? Yes the fools do, http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables - Us top, Spurs bottom! :D
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,027
    Forum Member
    You can see where the problems are going to be based on todays performance. Van Gaal is absolutely right about needing that extra quality and pace up front.

I would also say it makes more sense to have someone up there with Rooney rather than him being by himself.

If you are going to play with one up front the players round him need to be lightening quick in terms of thought and movement.

Agree. We couldnt even score, they scored for us :D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    See chelsea fan starting already!

Probably raises a glass of Bertie Bitter before she watches her rivals games. It's not exclusive just to us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we won't be at the top for long!

Leicester look like they could be top at the end of the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    Agree. We couldnt even score, they scored for us :D

It is very early doors, no need to panic just yet, let's see how we do against Villa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a guess who is injured, yup him- and he didn't even play today!

Typical.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/630025825165910016?s=09

If Rafael was sold on the back of his injury record, then Jones should be very concerned for his future.
This discussion has been closed.