Oh crikey he's still wearing that hat!
    Trying to build a 'brand'...
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Oh crikey he's still wearing that hat!

Do you think there might be a terrible problem with the top of his head?
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Trying to build a 'brand'...
    Oh well he's gone now!
  • Options
    jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well that was quite fun...
  • Options
    moochiemoochie Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Loved Stu's 'farewell to you' cake.... but why the bellows?
    :)
  • Options
    EadfrithEadfrith Posts: 5,050
    Forum Member
    moochie wrote: »
    Loved Stu's 'farewell to you' cake.... but why the bellows?
    :)

That was a beetroot lol
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Do you think there might be a terrible problem with the top of his head?

yes, it's got a biscuit base. :D
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    To me, it seems like quite a small audience and the sound is much larger. Unless they've got a normal sized audience off-camera as well.

There's also a balcony section which is much more crowded.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo needs to work on making her autocue reading more natural but I'm quite liking it overall so far...
    There was one scripted gag that she absolutely killed with the laboured way she read it off the teleprompter.
  • Options
    MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Ess_Bee wrote: »
    Good for Little Dorrett!

Loved her Black Forest Jackson Pollock style. Looked yummy. I would certainly have scooped it up and ate the lot. :blush:
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved her Black Forest Jackson Pollock style. Looked yummy. I would certainly have scooped it up and ate the lot. :blush:

It made me think of Eton Mess - who cares what something looks like if it tastes good!
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Was it me - or did Stu not make his own chocolate decorations.

No shots of him making or tempering chocolate, but somehow truffles appeared around the base of the cake at the end.

Mary commented about "not doing any chocolate work", so sticking some shop-bought truffles on a beetroot cake is not exactly "black forest".

Dorret had a failure, but it was just one element.

Last year Chetna had a major failure, but managed to recover and did not get enough credit for that IMHO.

Stu was toast if he used ready-made chocolates, as Mary would never allow that to go unpunished
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Amanda Platell deeply unpleasant.

If she doesn't like Bake Off that just makes it rise even more in my estimation.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I find Amanda Platell deeply unpleasant.

If she doesn't like Bake Off that just makes it rise even more in my estimation.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

If it's boring maybe she would like to explain why 9.3 million people sat down to enjoy it. Does anyone really care what this woman thinks? I know I don't. If you don't enjoy a show why not just change the channel and watch something that you do enjoy instead of wasting time producing an article like this
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's boring maybe she would like to explain why 9.3 million people sat down to enjoy it. Does anyone really care what this woman thinks? I know I don't. If you don't enjoy a show why not just change the channel and watch something that you do enjoy instead of wasting time producing an article like this

Yep agree. Personally I find football as boring as snot but freely admit it is a national obsession so don't bemoan the broadcasting hours devoted to it. Bums on seats (viewing figures) speak loudest of all do they not?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Wow. I'd hoped in this day and age, the Daily Mail would be irrelevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Wow. I'd hoped in this day and age, the Daily Mail would be irrelevant.
    It is, in this case. Because I doubt GBBO is going to change in any way, regardless of what anybody they pay says.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is, in this case. Because I doubt GBBO is going to change in any way, regardless of what anybody they pay says.

I can never believe that that paper has any money; especially enough to pay for those 'opinions.'
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DoohDah wrote: »
    I can't see anything wrong with referring to a contestant as Scottish when they are, in fact, from Scotland!

There isn't but let's have equality for all - either all English, Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are referred to as British OR by their individual nationalities.

What the poster who brought it up was referring to is English are always, always referred to as British whereas other nationalities which form GB are freely identified as Scottish, Welsh, Irish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    There isn't but let's have equality for all - either all English, Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are referred to as British OR by their individual nationalities.
    No, they can be referred to as either. Or both. If you see what I mean. I am both 'English' and 'British'. Equally a given contestant may be both 'British' And 'Scottish'. The two can be used interchangeably. Only if they are representing their country as opposite the UK in some form (say at sport) would it wrong to use 'British'.
    Valentine wrote: »
    What the poster who brought it up was referring to is English are always, always referred to as British whereas other nationalities which form GB are freely identified as Scottish, Welsh, Irish.
    I'm sorry but this is utter, utter cobblers.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New "controversy " about Marie :confused:
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New "controversy " about Marie :confused:

Yes, originally reported in the Mail on Sunday (what a surprise, the Mail must hate the BBC having a very popular programme)

I'll provide the link to the Mirror reporting it so as not to drive traffic to the Mail's website

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/great-british-bake-off-contestant--6222653
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Yes, originally reported in the Mail on Sunday (what a surprise, the Mail must hate the BBC having a very popular programme)

I'll provide the link to the Mirror reporting it so as not to drive traffic to the Mail's website

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/great-british-bake-off-contestant--6222653

Wow, she did a one week course and that makes her a pro :confused: by that I'm apparently a F1 driver as I did a one week driving course :D