Options

Hollyoaks: Pete/Cleo dark twist coming up...{SPOILER)

Winchester_Winchester_ Posts: 135
Forum Member
It appears that Pete finally gets what he wants and convinces Cleo to sleep with him. :o I hope big sis Celine is willing to put her gloves on and finish him off for good, because the people who are supposed to be stepping up for her are either shunned from the family (Porsche), wasted beyond repair (Reenie), or being seduced by a sleazy older man themselves (Harry). >:(

Comments

• Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or being seduced by a sleazy older man themselves (Harry). >:(

Who is seducing Harry? I'm about a month or so behind.

But back on topic this is a very risky story I'm surprised they are going this route, they better do this justice because if they try and play this off as anything other than rape the show is going to catch hell for it.
  • Options
    Winchester_Winchester_ Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Who is seducing Harry? I'm about a month or so behind.

But back on topic this is a very risky story I'm surprised they are going this route, they better do this justice because if they try and play this off as anything other than rape the show is going to catch hell for it.

In upcoming episodes,

Ste and Harry grow much closer...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In upcoming episodes,

Ste and Harry grow much closer...

really?
    That topic needs a thread itself. How old is Harry supposed to be? He looks like he's 15 and Ste is about 30, do they plan on showing Harry dealing with Ste's HIV status?
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really?
    That topic needs a thread itself. How old is Harry supposed to be? He looks like he's 15 and Ste is about 30, do they plan on showing Harry dealing with Ste's HIV status?

Harry is in sixth form so 17 I think. Ste is probably mid-late 20s. Not entirely unusual but you're right, still weird. As for Ste's HIV...it appears its been completely forgotten about!
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought from scenes aired that it been suggested he been sexually abusing her for awhile?
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I thought from scenes aired that it been suggested he been sexually abusing her for awhile?

yes he said something like they only stopped cos she went to boarding school.

I am finding the whole thing creepy, its not something I really want to watch
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    Harry is in sixth form so 17 I think. Ste is probably mid-late 20s. Not entirely unusual but you're right, still weird. As for Ste's HIV...it appears its been completely forgotten about!

'Harry is in sixth form so 17 i think. Ste is probably in his mid-late 20s. Not entirely unsual but you're right, still weird'

That comment in itself screams ignorance and ageism, there is no wrongness in the concept of Ste and Harry dating each other because by law, Harry is over the legal age.

Ste and Harry have little to none comparison with Cleo and Pete because its been heavily implied that Pete has grooming (and most likely sexual abusing) Cleo since she was only 7 years old
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Harry is in sixth form so 17 i think. Ste is probably in his mid-late 20s. Not entirely unsual but you're right, still weird'

That comment in itself screams ignorance and ageism, there is no wrongness in the concept of Ste and Harry dating each other because by law, Harry is over the legal age.

Ste and Harry have little to none comparison with Cleo and Pete because its been heavily implied that Pete has grooming (and most likely sexual abusing) Cleo since she was only 7 years old

Ste and Harry is weird to me, now I'm from the US so their relationship would be just as illegal as the Pete/Cleo one. Plus what on earth does a grown ass man like Ste want with a kid in high school, legal or not? They are in totally different stages of life and have very little in common.....hell Harry has no memory of the 20th century.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete seems destined to end up being the dead body in the wall.

Maybe one or all three sisters will be involved.
  • Options
    Angus 2015Angus 2015 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Pete seems destined to end up being the dead body in the wall.

Maybe one or all three sisters will be involved.

I can just imagine a copy of the Browning storyline with Mercy, Lindsay & Cindy :(
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baban wrote: »

Tbh if Ste is on meds (which he probably isn't at the moment because he has just recently been infected) then the chance of infection even with unprotected sex is very low (see the partner study for details). Even if he isn't (most likely) then sexually they just need to use condoms and be safe... As they probably should at the start of a relationship anyway. People with HIV have near normal life expectancy and Harry will not really be at any more risk with Ste than if he was having casual relationships. To me the HIV is a moot point because they are not going to be looking to reproduce. It was far more interesting when Malchy and Mercedes had to deal with it (well it could have been but they pretty much ignored it).
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ste and Harry is weird to me, now I'm from the US so their relationship would be just as illegal as the Pete/Cleo one. Plus what on earth does a grown ass man like Ste want with a kid in high school, legal or not? They are in totally different stages of life and have very little in common.....hell Harry has no memory of the 20th century.

Do i detect a hint of jeolousy? because after all if you had any romantic feelings for a 17+ girl or boy, the state law forbids you from chasing your dreams and that itself is probably killing you inside, obviously myself i prefer a girl of my love interest to be at least 18.

'Harry has no memory of the 20th century' by that logic, an 24 year old should never date a 37 year old because the younger homo sapien was not around during the 80s.
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be slightly crude, I would assume ste and Harry would both be bottoms. Can't see that relationship working out :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do i detect a hint of jeolousy? because after all if you had any romantic feelings for a 17+ girl or boy, the state law forbids you from chasing your dreams and that itself is probably killing you inside, obviously myself i prefer a girl of my love interest to be at least 18.

'Harry has no memory of the 20th century' by that logic, an 24 year old should never date a 37 year old because the younger homo sapien was not around during the 80s.

LOL not jealous at all, I'm 32 and my motto is if they weren't born in the 80's they are too young for me. I can see why Harry would be interested in Ste.

IDK if you're familiar with Kim Kardashian's little sister Kylie, who turned 18 over the weekend has been dating this rapper name Tyga who is in his late 20's and there has been a lot of controversy about their relationship. Like why does Tyga want this high school kid, why is Kris Jenner allowing her daughter to date a grown ass man with kids and why hasn't Tyga been arrested, because if he was just some average joe, he'd have been locked up ASAP
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, I dip in and out of Hollyoaks and was just wondering what the relationship is between Pete and Celine?

did he abused her too? when she was Cleo's age?
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I thought Cleo started sleeping with Pete again weeks ago. They've put that over well if not... :confused:
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL not jealous at all, I'm 32 and my motto is if they weren't born in the 80's they are too young for me. I can see why Harry would be interested in Ste.

IDK if you're familiar with Kim Kardashian's little sister Kylie, who turned 18 over the weekend has been dating this rapper name Tyga who is in his late 20's and there has been a lot of controversy about their relationship. Like why does Tyga want this high school kid, why is Kris Jenner allowing her daughter to date a grown ass man with kids and why hasn't Tyga been arrested, because if he was just some average joe, he'd have been locked up ASAP

Doesnt that depend on individual states? I understood the age of consent in USA varied between 16 and 18. There are some interesting differences worldwide in this and in the UK we would probably be shocked by Cambodia's 13 yrs and Austria's 14. Many countries also differentiate between age gaps so it might be legal for 2 14 yr olds but illegal for 14 and 20 yr old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesnt that depend on individual states? I understood the age of consent in USA varied between 16 and 18. There are some interesting differences worldwide in this and in the UK we would probably be shocked by Cambodia's 13 yrs and Austria's 14. Many countries also differentiate between age gaps so it might be legal for 2 14 yr olds but illegal for 14 and 20 yr old.

There are somethings that vary state to state, but I don't think age of consent is one of them.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually Mark if you are living in Ohio the age of consent is 16. Where I am its 17. Its just not socially acceptable for an adult in their mid to late 20's to be dating someone under the age of majority where you are. With good reason I think. I would have to question the motives of a person who would be looking to date someone over the age of consent but under the age where they are legally considered an adult. What is the attraction there the person or the difference in power there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are somethings that vary state to state, but I don't think age of consent is one of them.

No age of consent varies state to state. In the U.S. it ranges from 16 to 18. I think we are getting confused between the age of consent and the age of majority. In the U.S. the age of majority is 18 everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Actually Mark if you are living in Ohio the age of consent is 16. Where I am its 17. Its just not socially acceptable for an adult in their mid to late 20's to be dating someone under the age of majority where you are. With good reason I think. I would have to question the motives of a person who would be looking to date someone over the age of consent but under the age where they are legally considered an adult. What is the attraction there the person or the difference in power there?

Really? I are you sure, because I know there have been cases of teachers sleeping students who were 16 or 17 and got in trouble for it. And you are 100% correct about questioning the intent of a grown man or woman wanting to date a teenager...legal or not.

Also this made me think how old is Cleo supposed to be? Is she the same age as Harry so Pete will not be charged with a crime, when they find out he slept with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I are you sure, because I know there have been cases of teachers sleeping students who were 16 or 17 and got in trouble for it. And you are 100% correct about questioning the intent of a grown man or woman wanting to date a teenager...legal or not.

Also this made me think how old is Cleo supposed to be? Is she the same age as Harry so Pete will not be charged with a crime, when they find out he slept with her.

I just looked up one part of the Ohio code. It could definitely be possible that for teachers and other people in authority for the age of consent to be higher. That's the way it is in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I just looked up one part of the Ohio code. It could definitely be possible that for teachers and other people in authority for the age of consent to be higher. That's the way it is in the UK.

Really it should be 18, if you are still in school, can't vote or sign up for the military then you are still a child.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really it should be 18, if you are still in school, can't vote or sign up for the military then you are still a child.

Its very confusing because there are a lot of variables not only worldwide but also within individual countries e.g. in the UK the age of consent (ie the age at which you can legally have sex) is 16 both for same sex and hetero couples. Once you are over 16 it is not a crime to have sex with another person of any age unless they are under 16 or if you are in a position of responsibility over that person i.e a teacher cannot have sex with a pupil under 18.
    You can also join the army or get married (with parental consent) at the age of 16 but you cannot vote until you are 18. You can drink wine or beer with a meal at 16 (if accompanied by an over 18) but you cannot drive a car until you are 17

Most of these laws are there because they made sense at the time but maybe they now need revising
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very confusing because there are a lot of variables not only worldwide but also within individual countries e.g. in the UK the age of consent (ie the age at which you can legally have sex) is 16 both for same sex and hetero couples. Once you are over 16 it is not a crime to have sex with another person of any age unless they are under 16 or if you are in a position of responsibility over that person i.e a teacher cannot have sex with a pupil under 18.
    You can also join the army or get married (with parental consent) at the age of 16 but you cannot vote until you are 18. You can drink wine or beer with a meal at 16 (if accompanied by an over 18) but you cannot drive a car until you are 17

Most of these laws are there because they made sense at the time but maybe they now need revising

I am not sure they need revising down though. Late adolescence is a period of time when a person is both physically and emotionally still developing. Its not just a state of mind it corresponds to biological reality. In U.S. state that increased the legal age to drive by just one year from 16 to 17 saw a decrease in accidents. Its legal where I live to marry at 16 but I don't know anyone who did. I live in a more socially complex world than my grandparents.