Options

I'm on benefits and I bought a fridge for £2k, now in serious debt, please help!

Steffan_LeachSteffan_Leach Posts: 4,669
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I'm Single, on benefits, and I've been a fool.

It all started when I was in a kitchen appliances store and I saw this fridge. It had a blue light inside and I just fell in love with it. I've always dreamed of a fridge with a blue light. It was £900, I knew I couldn't afford it but they have a buy now pay later scheme, so I did that but it ended up costing me £2000! On top of that I bought loads of other stuff I couldn't afford as I knew someone would bail me out. I bought a 52 inch TV, Sky Subscription, lovely curtains, a leather sofa and a host of other luxuries. Unfortunately I got into serious debt and had to give all the stuff back:(

But at least I still have my fridge!

Just because I'm on benefits why can't I have the finer things in life?

Worse for me I am a benefits snob - I can't buy budget products - I buy all the top brands. I HAVE to have Heinz Beans, the others taste disgusting. I HAVE to have Andrex loo roll, I can't STAND cheaper brands as it's too thin and manky. And I MUST have Richmond sausages, anything cheaper tastes like plastic. I know I have a problem but I just can't resist their branding and advertiseing. I am an advertisers dream.

But I'm now in serious debt. I've been threatened to be evicted because I can't keep up with the rent, and the debt collectors are due to be paying a visit.

Please help me Please! My internet connection is going to be cut off in the next 10 days, so I made a desperate post here. I know I'm an idiot but I don't know what to do!

Comments

• Options
    John_Smith86John_Smith86 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I blame the people who gave you credit. They should have acted like a parent and stopped you buying stuff.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has got to be a wind up.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,655
    Forum Member
    Woodbush won't be giving you any money.
  • Options
    eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0/10. Saw the Anne Robinson program last night.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I pity anyone who believes this for a second
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0/10 try harder
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It all started when I was in a kitchen appliances store and I saw this fridge. It had a blue light inside and I just fell in love with it. I've always dreamed of a fridge with a blue light. It was £900, I knew I couldn't afford it but they have a buy now pay later scheme, so I did that but it ended up costing me £2000! On top of that I bought loads of other stuff I couldn't afford as I knew someone would bail me out. I bought a 52 inch TV, Sky Subscription, lovely curtains, a leather sofa and a host of other luxuries. Unfortunately I got into serious debt and had to give all the stuff back:(

Worse for me I am a benefits snob - I can't buy budget products - I buy all the top brands. I HAVE to have Heinz Beans, the others taste disgusting. I HAVE to have Andrex loo roll, I can't STAND cheaper brands as it's too thin and manky. And I MUST have Richmond sausages, anything cheaper tastes like plastic. I know I have a problem but I just can't resist their branding and advertiseing. I am an advertisers dream.

But I'm now in serious debt. I've been threatened to be evicted because I can't keep up with the rent, and the debt collectors are due to be paying a visit.

Please help me Please! My internet connection is going to be cut off in the next 10 days, so I made a desperate post here. I know I'm an idiot but I don't know what to do!
    :D:D:D Wind-ups are really not your strong point!
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has got to be the worst attempt at a wind up advice thread we've ever had :D
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might have forgotten OP, but you already told us in a previous thread that you were 16.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Threads like this make me pine for Crazychris and Raoul :(
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fridge with a blue light was £980.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    The fridge with a blue light was £980.
    Maybe its a TARDIS disguised as a fridge!:D
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    This has got to be a wind up.

Aye, I'd say so... seen too much previous on this one.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D Wind-ups are really not your strong point!

TV programmes are seemingly not your strong point . This is what one lady on Anne Robinsons show said last night. Do keep up :D:D:D
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    TV programmes are seemingly not your strong point . This is what one lady on Anne Robinsons show said last night. Do keep up :D:D:D

Why on earth would I watch a programme with Anne Robinson in it?:confused::D
  • Options
    SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    It's good you've still got the fridge. Are you quite small? Perhaps you could live in the fridge when you get evicted? Obviously you won't be able to have the sausages as well. :cry:

I was just going to say this. :D
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You said it yourself, you're an idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steffan - you need to spend your money a bit more wisely. Have you thought about buying a Cineworld monthly ticket and going to the cinema every day. We have it on good authority that this is outrageously good value for money but remember to take your own sweets and chocolate with you.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw the same show with Anne Robinson on the BBC last night too :)
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is a load of Smeg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the same show with Anne Robinson on the BBC last night too :)

I don't really watch much TV, what's this about? The OP has started a thread saying the same things as what someone on a show said?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I don't really watch much TV, what's this about? The OP has started a thread saying the same things as what someone on a show said?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/single-mum-benefits-racks-up-6273634
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    It's good you've still got the fridge. Are you quite small? Perhaps you could live in the fridge when you get evicted? Obviously you won't be able to have the sausages as well. :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Have you not seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwp7x_IiZ4

Fridges are evil. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aww. Bless...... Wind up or not; you think Richmond are 'top brand' sausages!
This discussion has been closed.