Options

International Cricket 2015

Comments

• Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressive partnership of 118* off 11 overs so far from Moeen and Morgan after both openers went early

200 on the cards...?
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful innings from Billings, 2 off 7 balls when you come in during the 18th over is about as bad as it gets.

Stokes ends up facing just one ball and Rashid and Willey left unused.

England add just 14 runs from the last 16 balls!
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strayer seem to be making light work of this.

Nice to see Morgan get some runs again. Must admit I don't see the point in playing Billings at 7.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exciting end in sight. All results possible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billings not having the best day in the field either

Super over anyone ...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..or maybe not

Excellent from England in the last over and poor from Australia
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done England, the Beard the star man again, what a player.:)
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice win, good performances from England (apart from Billings).
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,335,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent win for England, great entertainment to liven up a wet bank holiday afternoon :)
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good performance from England to turn it around and take the win from what was a likely defeat. It shows what can happen when pressure is applied. :p

Not sure what wrong with our fielders though perhaps wearing some cricket shoes with spikes might stop their slip ups. ^_^
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Nice win, good performances from England (apart from Billings).

Great Eng win. Just shows what one good over, in this case Mo's, can do in a T20. Suddenly the required 8 an over goes to 9 an over and with a new batsman at the crease.

Billings didnt have the best of days but i still think you're being a little harsh. Prior to being picked for England he was the most naturally talented uncapped T20 bat in county cricket. How else can he improve and get his game to international level without being given a chance. Most of his 7 balls faced were against the lightning quick Cummins, the same Cummins who had just made top international T20 bat Alex Hales look a complete amateur earlier in the innings.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've got to give guys like Billings, Willey and Topley a chance because they need a squad of 16 to 20

Willey already looks at home at this level, Topley had a good debut and Billings should have a few games
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    They've got to give guys like Billings, Willey and Topley a chance because they need a squad of 16 to 20

Willey already looks at home at this level, Topley had a good debut and Billings should have a few games

This is always the problem with T20 though, you only get one match in a series often, so he'll have to dwell on that shit innings for awhile.

Thing is Root will be back, and that rather makes it simple to whom you drop for him. I agree though he's a talent, that shouldn't be judged on one match. Roy is a problem though too, we just seem to have too much batting, Moeen or Willey opening means everyone can move up one. That way Billings could still be the finisher.

Willey and Topley finally giving us decent left-armer options, just helps so much to have a different angle.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it would help all round if the powers that be start to think of 50 over games as long T20s rather than short test matches.......so the ODI squad is pretty much the same as the T20 squad so guys like Billings can get a few games in over a season and then can be judged more fairly
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Cracking test match in Colombo.
    One session to go sri lanka need 137 runs to win, India need 4 wicket to win.
    new ball is due now with all 3 result possible.
    I wonder if Dhamikka Prasad vs Ishant Sharma will be the crucial epic battle after yesterday scenes.
    Test match is quite heated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    India ranked 5th in the ICC test rankings now.
    Crazy to think NZ are 6th in the rankings although in terms of meaningful points nothing separates England to India.

South Africa 125
    Australia 106
    England 102
    Pakistan 101
    India 100
    NZ 99
    Sri lanka 86.

I hope with all this moving up and down ICC will finally change the way the rankings are worked out.
    if India won 3-0 they would be ranked 3rd, 2nd if Australia lost the Oval test.
    So they basically would have moved from 7th to 2nd in one series.:o
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    jo2015 wrote: »
    How charming. I bet you have a British passport.

Imagine if a white England supporter stated that they'd rather a white team beat a non white team.

What the hell does my passport have to do with who I support?

I am not basing my support on colour, which is what you are doing. I am basing it on geography, I though that was obvious from my post (although not obvious enough for you). Its no different from a person born and bred in the UK, supporting supporting a European team when they play a south american/asian/african team.

I dont see anything wrong in that, if you do, then you are the one with the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    India ranked 5th in the ICC test rankings now.
    Crazy to think NZ are 6th in the rankings although in terms of meaningful points nothing separates England to India.

South Africa 125
    Australia 106
    England 102
    Pakistan 101
    India 100
    NZ 99
    Sri lanka 86.

I hope with all this moving up and down ICC will finally change the way the rankings are worked out.
    if India won 3-0 they would be ranked 3rd, 2nd if Australia lost the Oval test.
    So they basically would have moved from 7th to 2nd in one series.:o

edit should say england to New Zealand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good win for India in what looks like a heated match

Ishant Sharma and Dinesh Chandimal have been handed one-match suspensions for behaviour that breached the ICC code of conduct during the SSC Test, while Dhammika Prasad and Lahiru Thirimanne were fined 50% of their match fees.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2015/content/story/916451.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep it got quite heated yesterday especially a 20-30 minute period when Ishant sharma was batting.

basically prasad was bowling short, really harmless usually high or wide and ishant told him to aim at his head by hitting his head.
    Chadimal got involved and barged ishant while going for the run.

when Ashwin got out Ishant ran to the dressing room to get ready to bowl and remarkably Prasad ran after him, lucky for him sri lanka staff pushed him to his dressing room.
    Then Ishant sharma came and took thirmanne wicket and gave him a mouthy send off and when he got chandimal out he repeatedly whacked his head in response to earlier.

but I sharma is banned for one test and is at risk for being banned for a year if he charged again this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not the best quality but here the video.
    although Cricinfo is likely to have the HD quality video of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fBh38vvhQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could have been crazy !!

Good job there's not a odi series so hopefully things may have calmed down next time they meet
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    little bit of a controversial selection today

moeen ali batting at #7 to allow a top 3 of roy/hales/taylor

david willey left out to get woakes back in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

Don't mind the Taylor thing, think he deserves a run at 3, but Woakes is such a meh selection for me. Wood hasn't exactly got a great record in limited overs either. Yet I guess they'll rotate the pacers a bit.
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »

So annoying moving Moeen all the way back down...