Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,909
    Forum Member
    Morning.

As suspected from the lack of anything in next week's spoilers, there's no Rob or Aaron in the cast list (week of 7 Sept) nor any Whites or pretty little Connor.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    I'm actually looking forward to the court stuff.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Morning.

As suspected from the lack of anything in next week's spoilers, there's no Rob or Aaron in the cast list (week of 7 Sept) nor any Whites or pretty little Connor.

I thought we knew the connor character was only around for those 3 eps anyway?
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidJ28 wrote: »
    "...he doesn't pay rent at the pub, doesn't have travel costs for work, eats at the pub and gets plenty of free pints there yet he never goes on holiday and never buys new clothes either. The man is a complete enigma."

This made me laugh. Thanks Randomguy83 ;-)

I aim to please, the women and men in my life find that out pretty quickly ;-).
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    *shrugs*

We knew this was coming. It's not very enthralling but I can think of worse spoilers we could have (in fact we've probably had worse - remember gungate? :p).

It could also be some thing like "Chrissie returns and gives Robert another chance" that wouldn't be fun either. Also it's not like Chrobert have been dominating screen time lately.....
    Morning.

At least we know for sure. As disappointing as that may be at least we know.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,909
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    I thought we knew the connor character was only around for those 3 eps anyway?
    Yes we do. This just confirms that all three of his eps are this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes we do. This just confirms that all three of his eps are this week.

oh right, cheers. :)
  • Options
    tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    hope Chrobert stuff is so Rob can make a choice for Aaron. No doubt it wont be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As things stand I don't think choosing aaron is an option, he's completely unavailable to Robert.

If we are really lucky though we might get Robert actually accepting and acknowledging to Chrissie that they are in fact over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder what changes then, what brings them back together? The Andy/Katie stuff? But i always feel like that would actually make Aaron more determined to stay away from Robert and move on to be honest.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolz!! for a while i was like who's connor?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dunno I think aaron knows all there is to about Katie now so they can't really get any further apart (unless he found out about HitmanGate of course) so depending on how badly the Katie reveal affects Robert, and him if people find out about his involvement, they might end up seeking solace in each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have to be not together when andy finds out... makes more drama when they eventually support each other against andy's wrath.. can't wait for it to happen:blush::kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe that's why there's not much robron repercussion in this reveal... they're saving it for the katie reveal!!
  • Options
    tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member
    Think they have been alluding to the fact Robert needs to make a choice. Kate Oates said we would find out if his feelings for Aaron are stronger than those for Chrissie.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Well, it was obvious the Chrobert stuff was coming... doesn't make it any nicer to see or hear though :p

For me it's just a bit of.. if Chrissie is adamant her and Robert are over then it just makes Aaron the second choice, I really didn't want that to happen but tbh half the things in this storyline that've happened I wished hadn't so :p
  • Options
    hypergreenfroghypergreenfrog Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    *shrugs*

We knew this was coming. It's not very enthralling but I can think of worse spoilers we could have (in fact we've probably had worse - remember gungate? :p).

I agree.
    We can't complain about the lack of consequences and aftermath of the disaster, and then complain about Chrissie and Robert both involved in the court hearing at the same time.

Chrissie is Robert's wife, it was his car she torched, and he was present when it happened. Of course he should be involved! And regarding him trying to help her, what else is he going to do?

If anything, this seems like the least contrived story at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm not that interested in seeing robert make a choice... i'd rather he show it in action ha ha
  • Options
    Crazy_BananaCrazy_Banana Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Yeah I really wish Robert didn't hire a hitman to knock off Chaz.. You'd think his feelings for Aaron would have been enough to leave his mother alone. That really pissed me off. I hope that cat never gets out of the bag otherwise Aaron will never ever ever forgive him. Just stupid writing -.- All this waiting is driving me insane.. going over all the different scenarios in my head when all of them are probably not even slightly correct. AHHHH. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at the rate choices are overturned by the person the very next day lolz...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, it was obvious the Chrobert stuff was coming... doesn't make it any nicer to see or hear though :p

For me it's just a bit of.. if Chrissie is adamant her and Robert are over then it just makes Aaron the second choice, I really didn't want that to happen but tbh half the things in this storyline that've happened I wished hadn't so :p

I agree, i've said all along i'm not sure how it can come across now any other way than Aaron is his seconds choice/fall back now that Chrissie isnt an option.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I can never really get onboard with the second choice stuff. It implies it's the easy fallback option. Which sure it would be if Aaron was just a woman with similar status to Chrissie. The importance of him actually choosing to be with Aaron instead of trying to find some other rich woman with a family unit to leech from would be enough for me. It is not an easy choice for Robert. Robert deciding to be with Aaron means abandoning everything he's ever worked for (to use his phrase!) so it's far from an easy fall back option.
    spimf wrote: »
    I dunno I think aaron knows all there is to about Katie now so they can't really get any further apart (unless he found out about HitmanGate of course) so depending on how badly the Katie reveal affects Robert, and him if people find out about his involvement, they might end up seeking solace in each other.

Shush, don't mention that...
    I aim to please, the women and men in my life find that out pretty quickly ;-).

Charmer ;).
  • Options
    LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.
    We can't complain about the lack of consequences and aftermath of the disaster, and then complain about Chrissie and Robert both involved in the court hearing at the same time.

Chrissie is Robert's wife, it was his car she torched, and he was present when it happened. Of course he should be involved! And regarding him trying to help her, what else is he going to do?

If anything, this seems like the least contrived story at the moment.

Yes I agree with this
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Honestly I'm unsure if the hit-man stuff would be "unforgiveable" to Aaron at this point? Aaron knows Robert has already threatened Paddy's life, he's seen how desperate he was to keep the affair secret. If he found out, surely it'd just be another despicable thing Robert's done? The difference is, he stopped it before anything happened, there were no repercussions of it, unlike Paddy who was hurt, and I think the main brunt of the anger for Aaron was also that he threatened Leo and Rhona's lives too.

Plus, literally no one has any idea it happened apart from Robert. So unless it came from him, it won't come up? Even if the hit-man came about, surely it'd be highly unprofessional to go around telling people that they were hired to kill someone but didn't?

Nah, I think the hit-man stuff is dead and buried.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sharon Marshall just said on TM the big Autumn story will be a big act of revenge and several people being under suspicion for it. I guess it's Ross/Pete related but given the situation with Andy finding out about Katie and the whole idea Robert has all these enemies maybe there is a chance it could be Robert related.

But i bet it's Ross/Pete stuff. Who'd have thought they would dominate the autumn as well :)
  • Options
    Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On this Morning Sharon said someone in Emmerdale will be in 'mortal danger with lots of suspects' in an Autumn storyline sounds like another Whodunit I can't help fear for Robert if so...
This discussion has been closed.