Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    glashalffullglashalffull Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Carla knocks back 2 bottles of wine most nights and walks home on a tightrope , 2 bottles between 4 of them and she can't walk ....
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert asks Tracy why she is acting strange around Carla and seeing Carla feeling guilty and then later he's coming out with "Were you in Carla's flat on the night of the fire and left the candle burning" and "I know the fire was an accident". So he worked all that out because of how Tracy was looking at Carla?
    Yes I thought that a bit odd, I wondered if I had missed an episode! They stretch storylines out until you are tired of the whole thing, and don't care who did what, the interest has gone.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Scotlass wrote: »
    Yes I thought that a bit odd, I wondered if I had missed an episode! They stretch storylines out until you are tired of the whole thing, and don't care who did what, the interest has gone.

Same here - I thought I'd nodded off and missed Tracey confessing to Rob. It was all very random.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,485
    Forum Member
    Carla doesn't 'drink' wine, she 'guzzles' it.

Surely she wouldn't be so blatant in her drinking knowing the 'wine police', Michelle and Nick, were watching her every move.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby voice will be used a lot in the next few months. :o:o

:D:D

Fiz has always had that irritating voice in certain circumstances but I commented to my wife the other day that it seems to have become a permanent fixture since the arrival of her child - so let's sympathise with her husband/partner who has to endure it even more than we do. :o
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla knocks back 2 bottles of wine most nights and walks home on a tightrope , 2 bottles between 4 of them and she can't walk ....

She ordered a drink for everyone else in her company and the bottle of wine for herself.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,974
    Forum Member
    Scotlass wrote: »

Yes, you must have missed an episode. It was the one where Tracy went to a private clinic in the lunch break, and had a conscience implant. Keep up now! 😀😀
  • Options
    Tippy ToesTippy Toes Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    That annoyed me too, and the fact it wasn't even in a protective sleeve :(

When was this? I think I must've slept through an entire episode. I have no recollection at all. :confused:
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The charity to buy themselves a new scriptwriter :D

Not to fund another homeless lesbian for Sophie then? :o
    They clearly think time is the best healer. :cool:

The baby voice will be used a lot in the next few months. :o:o

:D:D

On Corrie time is the best healer. Look how it healed the issue of Michelle and her two sons!

Baby voice. Awww. There'll be a lot of me, me, me. How this affects me, me, me. And how it isn't fair on me, me, me. Ty, Ches, Beth, Sinead and Roy et al have a real treat in store. :o
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,324
    Forum Member
    joethelion wrote: »
    It's Fiz's whiny "emotional" voice gets me very time when she thinks she's doing her "acting". Can't stand it!!

Yes, and the pout, the stare and the quivering lips :(:(:(>:(
  • Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'm envisioning her getting very, very resentful of Tyrone's child - 'Why did it have to be my child' kind of thinking...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Too many chippy teas, kebabs, burnt pies and goodness knows what else can't be good for Hope and Ruby. Do those kids ever see fresh veg or a piece of fruit? I hope Fiz and Ty make more of an effort to feed their girls a healthy diet from now on :D:D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Tippy Toes wrote: »
    When was this? I think I must've slept through an entire episode. I have no recollection at all. :confused:
    When Andrea turned up with the record saying she took out a loan for it (even though she could have took out a loan for her daughters rent) just in time to see Lloyd copping off again.,
    doormouse wrote: »
    'm envisioning her getting very, very resentful of Tyrone's child - 'Why did it have to be my child' kind of thinking...........

I wanted to punch her when she shouted at Ruby. Mind you I want to punch her all the time. :D

Disclaimer... I have never punched anyone in my life. It is a figure of speech.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Too many chippy teas, kebabs, burnt pies and goodness knows what else can't be good for Hope and Ruby. Do those kids ever see fresh veg or a piece of fruit? I hope Fiz and Ty make more of an effort to feed their girls a healthy diet from now on :D:D

They should send them round to Anna's for good dose of carrots.
  • Options
    ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I agree Fiz's voice is so irritating and she always has to stretch and sing the last word of each sentence. It does me head in!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And bacon barms for brekkie! :D:o They really are disgusting. :D

Anyone else would have done something about that awful house by now. It's vile the way they have the kitchen, dining room and sitting room all in one. Then, they that horrible wallpaper, the gaudy cladding, the front door with the old knocker. Do they still have Jack and Vera's cocktail cabinet in the sitting room and that stupid 'Old Rectory' sign outside the house?

It's a mausoleum of bad taste kept in homage to Jack and Vera. It's time to move on.
  • Options
    NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,141
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Very astute person or perhaps he has been reading these forums:D

With that kind of intuition it won't be long before Weatherfield plod will be recruiting him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    And bacon barms for brekkie! :D:o They really are disgusting. :D

Anyone else would have done something about that awful house by now. It's vile the way they have the kitchen, dining room and sitting room all in one. Then, they that horrible wallpaper, the gaudy cladding, the front door with the old knocker. Do they still have Jack and Vera's cocktail cabinet in the sitting room and that stupid 'Old Rectory' sign outside the house?

It's a mausoleum of bad taste kept in homage to Jack and Vera. It's time to move on.

Did they clear up after Ty fell through the ceiling? It doesn't look like it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they clear up after Ty fell through the ceiling? It doesn't look like it :D

Probably not. Corrie love their mementoes of long gone Corrie characters. So the debris and the hole in the ceiling that Tyrone Dobbs fell through are probably still there and of course Jack and Vera's stuff will still be there in homage!

In homage at the Rovers, there will be some extra thick black marker pens as used for eyeliner by Michelle Connor, Steve and his dog will be stuffed and mounted in the corner, Carla Connor's empty red wine bottles will be on display, along with a collection of Liz's old thongs and a voice gadget attached to the bar flap which - when opened Liz's recorded voice says 'Do yer fancy and early night, love? :D

At the bistro, Gail's mop with be there along with more of Carla's empty wine bottles and the walls will be adorned with photographs of the best cabaret moments!

Bring back Hilda's murial and flying ducks!
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not. Corrie love their mementoes of long gone Corrie characters. So the debris and the hole in the ceiling that Tyrone Dobbs fell through is probably still there and of course Jack and Vera's stuff will still be there in homage!

In homage at the Rovers, there will be some extra thick black marker pens as used for eyeliner by Michelle Connor, Steve and his dog will be stuffed and mounted in the corner, Carla Connor's empty red wine bottles will be on display, along with a collection of Liz's old thongs and a voice gadget attached to the bar flap which - when opened Liz's recorded voice says 'Do yer fancy and early night, love? :D

At the bistro, Gail's mop with be there along with more of Carla's empty wine bottles and the walls will be adorned with photographs of the best cabaret moments!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

At the factory there will be a line of laptops in the office all slamming down whenever someone enters the room in homage to Carla's 'gambling addicion'.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not. Corrie love their mementoes of long gone Corrie characters. So the debris and the hole in the ceiling that Tyrone Dobbs fell through are probably still there and of course Jack and Vera's stuff will still be there in homage!

I think the Rover's also ought to have a wall of beige in memory of St Stella.
  • Options
    MallyminxMallyminx Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »

At the factory there will be a line of laptops in the office all slamming down whenever someone enters the room in homage to Carla's 'gambling addicion'.

And let's not forget Roy's old shopping bag, permanently glued to his hand whenever he leaves the shop. It will no doubt join Hayley's mac in th Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mallyminx wrote: »
    And let's not forget Roy's old shopping bag, permanently glued to his hand whenever he leaves the shop. It will no doubt join Hayley's mac in th Hall of Fame.

:D:D:D

And the tub of breadcrumb filled butter to remind us of Cathy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the Rover's also ought to have a wall of beige in memory of St Stella.

:D

It'd only be outdone by the very 'special' bunting made from Liz's old thongs! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:D:D

Deirdre's chain belts and a few of her pots would be a good homage to her.

For Ken - the kimono and a copy of the Manchester Guardian :D
This discussion has been closed.