Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    And bacon barms for brekkie! :D:o They really are disgusting. :D

Anyone else would have done something about that awful house by now. It's vile the way they have the kitchen, dining room and sitting room all in one. Then, they that horrible wallpaper, the gaudy cladding, the front door with the old knocker. Do they still have Jack and Vera's cocktail cabinet in the sitting room and that stupid 'Old Rectory' sign outside the house?

It's a mausoleum of bad taste kept in homage to Jack and Vera. It's time to move on.
    A lot of modern homes are built like that with all the living areas in one space - it's called "open plan".
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Deirdre's chain belts and a few of her pots would be a good homage to her.

For Ken - the kimono and a copy of the Manchester Guardian :D

I thought the kimono was burnt after Brian lounged around in it.

I think Deirdre's glasses too would be good. :p
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is Ena Sharples' hairnet and Martha Longhurst's glass of stout (and glasses). Minnie Caldwell could be remembered for her pussy :kitty: ;-)
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And bacon barms for brekkie! :D:o They really are disgusting. :D

Anyone else would have done something about that awful house by now. It's vile the way they have the kitchen, dining room and sitting room all in one. Then, they that horrible wallpaper, the gaudy cladding, the front door with the old knocker. Do they still have Jack and Vera's cocktail cabinet in the sitting room and that stupid 'Old Rectory' sign outside the house?

It's a mausoleum of bad taste kept in homage to Jack and Vera. It's time to move on.

It wouldn't be so bad if they cleaned and tidied a bit. I know they have two toddlers but even so it wouldn't hurt to clear up, especially if
    Hope has some form of cancer
    , then all the more reason to be spotlessly clean and neat.

Truth is Fizz is a slob and so is Ty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be so bad if they cleaned and tidied a bit. I know they have two toddlers but even so it wouldn't hurt to clear up, especially if
    Hope has some form of cancer
    , then all the more reason to be spotlessly clean and neat.

Truth is Fizz is a slob and so is Ty.

They need to get Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners in there :p

Hang on though, don't moan about Fiz & Ty's house as you'll have AlmightyDino giving you a dressing down telling you how stupid you are ;-)
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    A lot of modern homes are built like that with all the living areas in one space - it's called "open plan".

I call it "pokey" :D
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Eileen say that Andrea was staying with her? Where, fgs?

Eileen, Sean (and Billy), Todd, Jason. And now andrea. It must make for interesting bedtimes.

Doesn't Andrea still have the marital home, or has that just disappeared into thin air?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 27,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »

Really? ;-)

So, Ty and Fiz are ultra modern. Who'da thought it? Modern homes with all the living areas in one space called open plan. Do they also have the same unique decor as the Stape-Dobbs family - shabby sh!t? :D

PS there are some brilliant suggested homages. Corrie better not copy our ideas! >:(
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,370
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Did Eileen say that Andrea was staying with her? Where, fgs?

Eileen, Sean (and Billy), Todd, Jason. And now andrea. It must make for interesting bedtimes.

Doesn't Andrea still have the marital home, or has that just disappeared into thin air?

I think Andrea can just stay until Jason gets home.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I thought the kimono was burnt after Brian lounged around in it.

I think Deirdre's glasses too would be good. :p

Deirdre's glasses would be good and also the recipe for her stuffed marrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deirdre's glasses would be good and also the recipe for her stuffed marrow

:D:D A packet of **** and a bottle of red - if Carla doesn't have the monopoly on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think the blue dressing gown should be hung prominently in the Platt house in homage to Gail and her 2004 fight with Eileen :D
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    They need to get Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners in there :p

Hang on though, don't moan about Fiz & Ty's house as you'll have AlmightyDino giving you a dressing down telling you how stupid you are ;-)

Just how surreal can we get?..

.....I was thinking more along the lines of diy sos big build..

........Fiz, emotionally talking to nick knowles how her daughter has a rare form of cancer, Hope was born prematurely after a tram came off the rails and crashing into a viaduct, killing several people in the aftermath, particularly a heroic firewoman....it was touch and go that hope would survive, she had lifesaving heart surgery which was successful.....they thought they had seen the worst of it but now 5 years later they have been hit with yet another devastating health scare ....how will they cope?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also think the blue dressing gown should be hung prominently in the Platt house in homage to Gail and her 2004 fight with Eileen :D

It could be artistically arranged with a selection of Gail's blazers and her caterpillar coat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ginger1 wrote: »

........Fiz, emotionally talking to nick knowles how her daughter has a rare form of cancer, Hope was born prematurely after a tram came off the rails and crashing into a viaduct, killing several people in the aftermath, particularly a heroic firewoman....it was touch and go that hope would survive, she had lifesaving heart surgery which was successful.....they thought they had seen the worst of it but now 5 years later they have been hit with yet another devastating health scare ....how will they cope?

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm pretty sure the heroic firewoman was the Rovers fire...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm pretty sure the heroic firewoman was the Rovers fire...:p

RIP Toni Griffiths :(:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You forgot all the other traumas that the Stape-Dobbs family have been through: Fiz's mother's illness, her brother's GF getting injured in the crash, her friend, Hayley's death, and Ty crashing through the ceiling due to the cowboy builders! And then there's that time Fiz was married to Hope's father; John Stape. :o

DIY SOS - bring it on!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You forgot all the other traumas that the Stape-Dobbs family have been through: Fiz's mother's illness, her brother's GF getting injured in the crash, her friend, Hayley's death, and Ty crashing through the ceiling due to the cowboy builders! And then there's that time Fiz was married to Hope's father; John Stape. :o

What about the trauma the viewers ave been through? Seeing those scenes of Fiz in the shower scrubbing herself after moving Colin's body...:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the trauma the viewers ave been through? Seeing those scenes of Fiz in the shower scrubbing herself after moving Colin's body...:o:o

Please :(:(:(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not forgetting the 'Kirsty' texts
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

.....After being reminded about all of these other atrocities that this family have gone through I truly believe that it also warrants a visits from Melinda and Dominic littlewood:D;-)
  • Options
    redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    So how come you dont remember them burying the hatchet?

Tracy 's conscience is definitely a SOR.

Why on earth would you want to be friends with someone who was freaking you out by pretending to be your partners crazy ex? Burying the hatchet is also a SOR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....After being reminded about all of these other atrocities that this family have gone through I truly believe that it also warrants a visits from Melinda and Dominic littlewood:D;-)

And while all these experts are about maybe the interior designers amongst them could pop round to Carla's. The woman has never had a decently decorated gaff. She needs a bit of colour in her life. When she was staggering down the street with Nick and Michelle, all of them were in black. What is it with these Connor women that they have to dress like depressed crows? The nice painter on The Fast Show was less morbid and morose than them! Carla Connor is the Madeleine Usher of Corrie!

Nick' s bistro looks like it could do with as proper makeover. What look were they going for; retro industrial or the naff plasticy sh!te look - done on the cheap, look?
This discussion has been closed.