Options

My Kichen Rules Australia Season 6

Comments

• Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the blonde PR girl has a bit of a funny voice?

Tonight's the first time I've noticed but I'm having trouble making out what she's saying sometimes. She seems to swallow half her words.
    Elanor wrote: »
    I bloody hate the word 'sassy'.

I used to be indifferent to it. Until tonight ...
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You notice that nobody every describes other people as sassy? It's always something someone says about themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone would do couscous in a competition. It's so temperamental. Or is that just when I make it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, if we were all on MKR, what would be your theme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, if we were all on MKR, what would be your theme?

It would have to be a prairie/cowboy theme because it would take wild horses to get me there.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You notice that nobody every describes other people as sassy? It's always something someone says about themselves.
    I think the modern meaning of sassy has strayed from what my thesaurus says :- brash, brassy, brazen, cocksure etc.

Very divided table for the main. Drasko disagreeing with Steve again. He has a major problem with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    It would have to be a prairie/cowboy theme because it would take wild horses to get me there.

Ha! I suppose a lot of the themes must be suggested by the producers, depending on what your 'thing' is. I don't have a distinctive job or hobby or hometown or anything that gives me a theme idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant answer! :D

Mine would be a convenience store :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! I suppose a lot of the themes must be suggested by the producers, depending on what your 'thing' is. I don't have a distinctive job or hobby or hometown or anything that gives me a theme idea.

I do sometimes wonder what I'd do. I've been cooking a very long time and when my children were small I was very hard up so I learned to make almost literally everything from scratch, including bread, cakes, biscuits - shop bought doughnuts or cake were a treat for my kids! I still do that and I don't like meat so I'm mostly veggie. I love Yotam Ottolengi's food so I'd probably go with a veggie Middle Eastern theme. Since many meat eaters have an irrational hatred of veggie food, I'd be out in the first round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love veggie food. I was a vegetarian for several years in my teens and twenties, and although I really like meat now, I often go quite a few days without eating meat. I don't miss it at all - I love vegetables and pulses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love veggie food. I was a vegetarian for several years in my teens and twenties, and although I really like meat now, I often go quite a few days without eating meat. I don't miss it at all - I love vegetables and pulses.

People have such a dated idea of veggie food, don't they? It's not all brown and tasteless!

I'd say, sadly, that they've done enough to beat the South African couple, so we're stuck with the Barbie girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another twist...it's all a bit predictable. Can't they just chuck someone out?

Oh my mistake. They are chucking one out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Another twist...it's all a bit predictable. Can't they just chuck someone out?

They will have found another way to drag it out, no doubt. I suppose you can't blame them for milking it - it won't be popular for ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guest teams score 23

Colin
    Entree 3
    Main 7
    Dessert 7
    Total 57 and it's good-bye to Lynn & Tony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooo, not MORE instant restaurants! Omg. That's a WEEK with no Will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another instant restaurant round? I want my life back :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what I was afraid of when I heard the IR rounds are the most popular in Australia! I wonder if they will be after this series - it feels endless. I'd much rather they mixed things up when they got to the MKR kitchen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention another whole evening of Annie and one of Barbie and Barbie telling us how pretty they are.

I hope you've kept recordings, Elanor - you can rewatch Will and Steve's evening instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention another whole evening of Annie and one of Barbie and Barbie telling us how pretty they are.

I hope you've kept recordings, Elanor - you can rewatch Will and Steve's evening instead.

Ha! I don't think I've got it quite that badly yet. We shall see.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's too bad for you that they didn't get a low score.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    So the worst cooks, cook again....what a surprise - but a new name for it, redemption.:(

That lemon Tart, looked awful.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    So the worst cooks, cook again....what a surprise - but a new name for it, redemption.:(

That lemon Tart, looked awful.:o

Evening.

It's a bit cheeky, pretending it's a 'brand new' idea when all it is is a rebrand.

Oh joy. An evening of Annie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening.

I'm glad they've taken on board 'simple home cooking'. Annie's voice doesn't get any easier to take, does it. That cheesecake will be fine once it has cooled, they always sink back a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Evening.

I'm glad they've taken on board 'simple home cooking'. Annie's voice doesn't get any easier to take, does it. That cheesecake will be fine once it has cooled, they always sink back a little.

It'll definitely please the judges. But I won't be surprised to hear condescending critical remarks from the other teams because it's quite a simple menu - this round is going to be all strategy, sadly.

I'd forgotten how much I irrationally dislike Kat. And without Will there's no light relief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lettuce looks store bought? As opposed to hand knitted?