Options

Migrant Coverage

Comments

• Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10000 out of 4m is hardly significant. It's significant if you want to refuse entry.

just looked, and Ireland didn't do much for the jews in WW2 either.
    As a % of our population its massive - population of many towns in Ireland... it would equate to 130,000 going to the UK.

Not to mention the fact that the Irish Navy is currently patrolling the Med saving lives - 6000 lives saved from what I have read.
  • Options
    Joan_FergusonJoan_Ferguson Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Miliband: take tens of thousands of Syrian refugees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqGf_mxJ1I

This crisis will be ongoing for years and years, the tens of thousands will eventually be hundreds of thousands.
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Well would you want someone carrying out surgery on you who wasn't qualified? I'm not saying some are not qualified but they have to prove it somehow and without paperwork how can they? We've had plenty of cases in this country where we've had bogus doctors treating people.

I'm sure they're not going to let someone who says they're a doctor into an operating theatre without assessing their knowledge of surgery.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Miliband: take tens of thousands of Syrian refugees
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqGf_mxJ1I

This crisis will be ongoing for years and years, the tens of thousands will eventually be hundreds of thousands.

If we had the money, accommodation and wealth of services, we could. But we don't. We are a small, overstretched country with an already severe housing crisis.

All I can say is - thank God Labour aren't in power.
  • Options
    Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have learnt that abusing their own children is the way to get what they want.

Pregnant chavs in this country learnt that decades ago. Children can be used to get what you want.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    If we had the money, accommodation and wealth of services, we could. But we don't. We are a small, overstretched country with an already severe housing crisis.

All I can say is - thank God Labour aren't in power.

It's funny how David Miliband has crept out of the shadows since the appalling Ed lost the election. Now he can't STFU.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You should have heard our local BBC radio station today. the presenter was almost in tears and he was playing really sad music as background to his callers during the phone in.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they're not going to let someone who says they're a doctor into an operating theatre without assessing their knowledge of surgery.
    A banned doctor worked illegally in seven hospitals and treated 3,000 patients after stealing a British medic's identity.

Levon Mkhitarian, from Georgia, posed as a qualified doctor, allowing him to treat thousands of patients across the UK.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3157019/The-fake-doctor-treated-3-000-patients-Georgian-migrant-worked-illegally-seven-hospitals-stealing-British-medic-s-identity.html
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Loads of petitions making the rounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loads of petitions making the rounds.

To let them in or keep them out?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how David Miliband has crept out of the shadows since the appalling Ed lost the election. Now he can't STFU.

Absolutely.

I just hope he doesn't claim to speak on behalf of the British people.
  • Options
    Shopaholic26Shopaholic26 Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    You should have heard our local BBC radio station today. the presenter was almost in tears and he was playing really sad music as background to his callers during the phone in.

It brings me to tears, the fact so many people are easily lead. But it's only '10 families per a city'

Yeah for now....wait until all the rest come, then it's just, oh its only another so called 10, then another and another.. it won't stop anytime soon. Goodbye UK!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I know that the refugee and humanitarian crisis is real and is not a case of hundreds of thousands or even millions of "economic migrants" chancing their arm.

How many economic migrants normally die in the process of emigrating, as has happened to several thousand people in this instance?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusted with the BBC. They need to be held to account.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I know that the refugee and humanitarian crisis is real and is not a case of hundreds of thousands or even millions of "economic migrants" chancing their arm.

How many economic migrants normally die in the process of emigrating, as has happened to several thousand people in this instance?
    Errr.... what evidence have you that they don't? The lure of the west through what they see on films, TV and the net is easily enough when compared to their own countries. Add to that the impression that they get free housing & benefits the is plenty of incentive. That's not even including the desire to spread their religion in the land of the unbelievers.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Absolutely.

I just hope he doesn't claim to speak on behalf of the British people.

Does he even talk on behalf of the family? :)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what are the chances of an EU referendum taking place amongst all the chaos?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Errr.... what evidence have you that they don't? The lure of the west through what they see on films, TV and the net is easily enough when compared to their own countries. Add to that the impression that they get free housing & benefits the is plenty of incentive.

Millions of Syrians have been displaced from their own country. There are two million in Turkey alone. To try and portray this as mass economic emigration (in the way that Poles and Lithuanians came to the UK and Ireland from 2004 onwards) is misguided. The Poles and Lithuanians weren't fleeing a war zone and seeing their cities being occupied by a fanatical terrorist grouping.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what are the chances of an EU referendum taking place amongst all the chaos?

About the same as the chances of getting to vote on whether we want to allow the 'refuges' in to this country.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As l asked in the Migrant thread, the focus seems to be on Syrian Families, but viewing the masses trying to board trains etc. The majority seem to be young single males, are all the bleeding hearts fueled by the terrible emotive pictures of that poor child, going to give them a room in their houses, regardless where they are from, or what they want and expect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Beeb will be all over this until a few tens of thousands are allowed in.

And they reckon it reports impartially :o
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the "refugees" is apparently from Pakistan.
  • Options
    Joan_FergusonJoan_Ferguson Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Blunkett thinks 25,000 refugees over the first 6 months would be about right.

Robert Peston on Newsnight again failed to point out that the woman and child lying on the rail tracks were pushed there by her husband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    About the same as the chances of getting to vote on whether we want to allow the 'refuges' in to this country.

Well the likes of the Guardian and the BBC have decided that we do, so that's that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Blunkett thinks 25,000 refugees over the first 6 months would be about right.

Robert Peston on Newsnight again failed to point out that the woman and child lying on the rail tracks were pushed there by her husband.

It's just blatant, wilfull distortion in the name of propaganda.
This discussion has been closed.