Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    "Even the Germans were looking down on us" said James.

Even the Germans? What could he possibly mean I wonder?

How small-minded and little Englander of Brian.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,622
    Forum Member
    Enjoying this story about the *abandoned child*
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Cameron can't win with J O'B. Yesterday he was the devil incarnate for not accepting refugees. Today he's weak and manipulative for changing his mind.

I wonder if James brought a can of Glade with him, to sweeten the air in the studio after Farage's visit.

Every time JoB referred to Cameron he used the word "seemed". How very subjective of JoB.....clearly not an objective bone in his whole body.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian has mentioned he is 43 years old. This is utterly pathetic.
  • Options
    radio ladyradio lady Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    And.....an hysterical Iain Dale was at it too later in his Drive Slot.

I don't think Richard Littlejohn has many fans on here but I like him.......
    Try this if only to read about our own dear ID

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3221855/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-child-s-death-tragic-not-fault.html

As for Lucy Beresford if she is only half as boring as she is on Press Preview on Sky news then this must be one of the most ludicrous signings that Global have ever made. Anna Raeburn made sense - she doesn't.
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Lucy Beresford ‏@LucyBeresford 46m46 minutes ago

V excited to say that I'm joining the wonderful team @LBC. Catch me from TOMORROW, 8-10pm Saturdays, for my sex/relationships phone-in x

Interesting. I wonder if LBC is taking a few steps back towards what it used to offer, little by little. Not the light-hearted stuff, but more 'appt to listen' programmes with specific remits and topics, adding to the legal and medical hours.
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    radio lady wrote: »

As for Lucy Beresford if she is only half as boring as she is on Press Preview on Sky news then this must be one of the most ludicrous signings that Global have ever made. Anna Raeburn made sense - she doesn't.

And what happened to LBC's resident 'sexpert' Susan Quilliam I wonder? She used to sidekick on a Saturday night sex and relationships show a few years ago. Cheerfully gossiping about how to achieve solo orgasms and suchlike, while Londoners cringed into their cocoa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what happened to LBC's resident 'sexpert' Susan Quilliam I wonder? She used to sidekick on a Saturday night sex and relationships show a few years ago. Cheerfully gossiping about how to achieve solo orgasms and suchlike, while Londoners cringed into their cocoa.

I suppose we should be grateful they didn't give the slot to Jackboots Jacqui
    I shall just stick to NA - that's all the excitement I can take................
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    radio lady wrote: »
    I suppose we should be grateful they didn't give the slot to Jackboots Jacqui
    I shall just stick to NA - that's all the excitement I can take................

Who is jackboots Jacqui?

I wonder if the slot is permanent, or a temporary special, like they did with that sponsored business show a couple of years ago that ran for 8 weeks or something.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

V excited to say that I'm joining the wonderful team @LBC. Catch me from TOMORROW, 8-10pm Saturdays, for my sex/relationships phone-in x

Sounds good! Might tempt me back to LBC listening, if the advert repetition isn't too unbearable. My year's anniversary of LBC embargoing this month, except one or two of the hustings debate specials and an occaisional dip in to a Katie Hopkins show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Who is jackboots Jacqui?

I wonder if the slot is permanent, or a temporary special, like they did with that sponsored business show a couple of years ago that ran for 8 weeks or something.

Jacqui Smith after she lost her seat in 2010.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Jacqui Smith after she lost her seat.

I'm sorry but the words Jaqui Smith, sex and slot in the same conversation is making me feel queasy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Or was it David Prievar with those late Friday night shows 6 or 7 years ago?

Or even dare I say it, from way back, Phillip Hodson?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Prievar! Of course it was Jim Davis with Sex in the City!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Who is jackboots Jacqui?.

Jackboots Jacqui (copyright Richard Littlejohn) is Mrs Smith..
    see my previous post.............
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3221855/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-child-s-death-tragic-not-fault.html

I agree with much of what he writes - if we had a major royal death they would stop reporting this in such detail in a heartbeat.
    Tragic as this death was the family were living in relative safety in Turkey for over a year.

I do hate being manipulated by the media in this way which is why I agree with RL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but the words Jaqui Smith, sex and slot in the same conversation is making me feel queasy.

you dirty old man..........
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am puzzled why do the great majority of Muslim refugees always head to Christian countries for sanctuary ,:confused:.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ohhh woweee. Just what I need. G-s, remind me what 'sex' is again please.
    I'd ask my husband but he died 25 years ago.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am puzzled why do the great majority of Muslim refugees always head to Christian countries for sanctuary ,:confused:.

Nobody ever answers that question, do they?
    You'd think that Saudi Arabia, with all its enormous wealth, would be the first to step in and offer help to their muslim brothers, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well the Great British public voted in a government that took the lead in carrying out an illegal invasion of Iraq and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

So maybe they think we will show a little solidarity in their misfortune eh.

Although clearly some here wish they should just carry on getting killed.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »
    Well the Great British public voted in a government that took the lead in carrying out an illegal invasion of Iraq and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

Sadly true .

Labour digs a hole - others have to sort out the mess .Nothing new there .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Or was it David Prievar with those late Friday night shows 6 or 7 years ago?

Or even dare I say it, from way back, Phillip Hodson?

I think it was Chris Hawkins who presented, with Quilliam providing the advice.

A heady mix.
  • Options
    SohoSoho Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    It's a shame the travel show with Simon Calder is no longer on and the show that had an expert who used to contact the spirits when well.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soho wrote: »
    It's a shame the travel show with Simon Calder is no longer on and the show that had an expert who used to contact the spirits when well.

Yes indeed .Foggy should have a few of those guys to help pad out her show .
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »

I am struggling to see any compassion shown from any Muslim state towards these people, in fact compassion and the Muslim religion don't seem to be good bed fellows.
This discussion has been closed.