Options

Corrie: Fizz's acting last night made Anthony Cotton look like Lawrence Olivier

Comments

• Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that she was quite good actually tonight, she portrayed the shock and grief well, l do agree that her voice can be very annoying at times. I don't suppose she can do much about that tho , what age is hope supposed to be she doesn't seem to talk very much.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is one of the worst on the show and that's no mean feat.

Remember when she had to give birth live? It was hilarious.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiz was ok, Tyrone on the other hand was very poor!
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with you! I can't think of anyone worse than Antony "Rotten" Cotton! How he ever got a job on a soap amazes me. I am also amazed that his contract keeps being renewed. I like camp actors and TV presenters like Scott on Hollyoaks and the lovely Paul O'Grady but Antony Cotton is just plain annoying and he CAN'T ACT! >:(

If you believe some on here then Allegedly Anthony has something on someone very high up in Corrie or even ITV, which would explain why he hasn't been axed, the day he does get axed, get ready for a scandal that rocks Corrie/ITV to the core!!!

*This is allegedly, before Mr Cotton's lawyers sue me!!"
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Absolutely love the title! I don't actually mind Jenny McAlpine's acting although her voice is annoying. When Kirsty was abusing Tyrone Fizz was quite good. Since then Tyrone and Fizz both bore me and I'm not that bothered about the Hope storyline. Obviously if it was real life and a little girl was ill it would be different but as for the storyline I just can't really get into it.

Cannot agree with that. When Fiz got involved in the storyline she ruined every scene.
    Fiz is useless
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot agree with that. When Fiz got involved in the storyline she ruined every scene.
    Fiz is useless

Agreed. She's beyond woeful.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Fizz.
  • Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Whatever you think of Jennie acting, she's a better actor than Anthony Cotton.

Yes she may be bad but Sean is the worst actor in corrie
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    I agree. People seem to find her irritating which I think has quite a bit to do with her being labelled a bad actress. Of course, it's subjective. Some people rave about certain actors on here who I find quite poor. But Jenny has never struck me as being poor at her job tbh. The character can be a bit wet sometimes but that has more to do with the writing.

Totally agree. I hated Fiz during Hayley's cancer storyline but that was down to writing. She's just an adequate background character for me and I haven't seen anything too horrendous from her yet in this story. There are much worse actors on the show.
  • Options
    Hetty_BeeHetty_Bee Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Haha, I really don't think she's that bad, certainly not as rubbish as the likes of:

Callum
    Bethany
    Sarah
    Tracy
    The God awful Robert
    Dev
    Sopheh
    Joni obviously

In my opinion. :D
  • Options
    Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    She is one of the worst on the show and that's no mean feat.

Remember when she had to give birth live? It was hilarious.

I still have nightmares about that scene:(
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,243
    Forum Member
    Hetty_Bee wrote: »
    Haha, I really don't think she's that bad, certainly not as rubbish as the likes of:

Callum
    Bethany
    Sarah
    Tracy
    The God awful Robert
    Dev
    Sopheh
    Joni obviously

In my opinion. :D

Please tell me that you are not a fan of the awful Cotton creature, and you just forgot to put him at the top of your list? :p
  • Options
    Hetty_BeeHetty_Bee Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Please tell me that you are not a fan of the awful Cotton creature, and you just forgot to put him at the top of your list? :p

Oh damn! I actually typed his name in caps, then deleted it to move him up the list (and then forgot) :o:o:o

hahaha so yes he's definitely on there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hetty_Bee wrote: »
    Oh damn! I actually typed his name in caps, then deleted it to move him up the list (and then forgot) :o:o:o

hahaha so yes he's definitely on there!

Whew, what a relief, and congratulations on your good taste! :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not everyone hates Sean. I don't.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    If you believe some on here then Allegedly Anthony has something on someone very high up in Corrie or even ITV, which would explain why he hasn't been axed, the day he does get axed, get ready for a scandal that rocks Corrie/ITV to the core!!!

*This is allegedly, before Mr Cotton's lawyers sue me!!"

I've wondered about something like this. I've thought to myself he could be having an affair with a married producer! Obviously this is just something I've wondered and as you say I don't want to be sued either. I'm not stating it as fact. I don't like Antony Cotton or the way he portrays Sean Tully one bit.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    Fiz was ok, Tyrone on the other hand was very poor!

Tyronne was fine.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Tyronne was fine.

I agree, Alan Halsall is good :)
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    How she digested the news was very Fiz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Not everyone hates Sean. I don't.

You also like Fizz, which tells us all we need to know about you. :p
  • Options
    simeysimey Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Fiz is dreadful, always has been, I can't stand the character or the actress. Also the girl going out with chesney, jesus what is it with her and her drone of a voice?? I used to love Corrie but I have no interest in keeping up with it any longer.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noxy wrote: »
    What is the forum's obsessive hatred of Fiz about? It's pathetic and tedious beyond words.

I miss Mo mouse on here. His obsessive threads on his hatred for Fiz were often rather amusing! :D
  • Options
    AlmightyDinoAlmightyDino Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Noxy wrote: »
    What is the forum's obsessive hatred of Fiz about? It's pathetic and tedious beyond words.

If you happen to be the actors who play Sean Tully, Michelle Connor or Fiz Stape you are hated regardless of what happens. Yet it's hard to take it seriously as this is a forum who think the likes of one expression Android Carla is the most talented actress in soap.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that she is bad that annoys me, it's her tone that does it.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You also like Fizz, which tells us all we need to know about you. :p

Everybody has different opinions of soap characters :)